Sign in to follow this  
Member X

Helllloooooo

Member X

Hi all :)

Some of you may have seen and spoken to me over on RWG - I thought it was about time I joined here! lol

Although I still feel like a n00b, I'm hoping that I'm picking things up and will be here for a while - my taste keeps changing and people keep posting pics of watches that make me want them... :P lol

I'm currently awaiting delivery of the white faced IWC Portuguese 1939 from Chris, and I've got a SD on order with BK - I can't wait for them to arrive! :)

Next will hopefully be a "My First PAM" from Getatwatch, just to see if I like them, then perhaps a cheapy IWC 3714-a-like from Parnis because I don't want to buy a A7750 seconds at 6 paperweight rep... <_< :rolleyes:

After that... I'm skint and need to get saving! LOL

Anyway, thanks all for the warm welcome on RWG and, no doubt, here, and I apologise in advance for any n00b questions!!

greg_r

Great to have you aboard!

Just bought a couple from GetAT myself - as has just about everybody else, too.

Skint is a familiar feeling around here :)

houndoggie

Gotta GO GETAT!!!

sconehead

Welcome to the forum...we're all noobs according to one ex-member, so you'll feel at home here...

bling20dave.jpg

anyone know why RWG.cc pulled the 'Repgeek dead' thread by the way?

@Greg, I don't own a GetAt...is it an exclusive club?

trailboss99

Hi and welcome!

That IWC is a stunner and one of the few white faced watches I like.

Actualy the 7750 base MVT is quite a good MVT. It is the one in the Daytona and some Pams that is a problem tho I do recall that certain IWCs use it as well so that may well be one of them. The problem is with the add on module used to move the seconds around from where it belongs at 9 to other locations. It is not made by the factory that makes the MVT which is used in quite a few gens as well as reps.

Noob questions are more than welcome. That's how folk learn. If you don't ask you won't ever know!

Scone: they pulled the whole playpen about twp days ago. Or was this a new thread?

Regards, Col.

greg_r
Welcome to the forum...we're all noobs acording to one ex-member, so you'll feel at home here...

Well, I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you :)

Seriously, don't know for sure, but I could take a guess - there was some fairly negative shit in there...

Yes. Chimps, Audi drivers and misfits only, so you're good to go. Get ordering! :)

onzenuub

Welcome X, enjoy your stay over here.

greg_r

BTW Onze - congrats on your postwhore status! :)

Member X

I've got someway to get to that level! lol :)

Thanks for the nice welcome everyone :P

I reckon Mr Getat must be wondering WTF is happening to get this massive influx of orders LOL

It's a real shame about the 3714 - I know Zig or Braccioli(?) can do tear down and graphite treatment on it but that's still extra expenditure on top of what you're already paying, which is a fair wedge iirc. I think avitt had an idea that DLC of the main plate (??) would also be an option, thanks to DLC being lower friction than untreated metal, but that's even more money than the graphite treatment LoL

Hopefully someone will sort out a good, no hassle fix at some point! I love that watch :)

AustinTech

Welcome!! This place is great, best rep/homage forum IMO. There are some nuts around here, but its all in good fun. Lots of watch knowledge also. You have any questions, just ask.

I've got one of those PArnis watches that looks like the IWC porto coming in the mail. Once I get it I'll do a review for the forum. I got mine on e-bay for 77 bucks.

Now jump in!!

Member X

Awesome - I will now stab my hand repeatedly with a pen until I put my credit card away and wait for your review... :) lol :)

Luthier
Welcome to the forum...we're all noobs acording to one ex-member, so you'll feel at home here...

Well, I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you :)

Seriously, don't know for sure, but I could take a guess - there was some fairly negative shit in there...

Yes. Chimps, Audi drivers and misfits only, so you're good to go. Get ordering! :P

No, it's a Club of Alzheimer's patients, i.e. - people who forgot good names - Rolex, Breitling, Panerai, IWC, etc, etc...

:)

greg_r
:) ... and you fit in so well, Luthier :)

alphakazi
Awesome - I will now stab my hand repeatedly with a pen until I put my credit card away and wait for your review... ;) lol :D

thanks for the tip X - I haven't tried that one but I'm almost positive it won't work... :)

my gf comes into my office today to confirm 5 purchases this month totaling over 700 - yes honey, isn't it wonderful, I'm not blowing $$ on computer parts

I then proceed to tell her how these watches have next to no depreciation and in fact can easily be sold for profit - it went over quite well I thought :D

iabounty

Welcome to RWG section 8 Member X........ Be very careful here, onzenuub is watching you.........

YOU POOR BASTARD... :)

Luthier
Welcome to RWG section 8 Member X........ Be very careful here, onzenuub is watching you.........

Who? Greg?

:D

Luthier
:) ... and you fit in so well, Luthier :D

Unfortunately I have great memory.

Still remember my first quartz replica Rolex I bought on Sukhumvit Street in Bangkok about 12 years ago.

But even better I remember great boobs that were in my posession at that time...

alphakazi

Still remember my first quartz replica Rolex I bought on Sukhumvit Street in Bangkok about 12 years ago.

But even better I remember great boobs that were in my posession at that time...

reps too? apparently some are very close to gen ;)

greg_r

Who? Greg?

Oh yeah. I certainly fit that profile.... LMAO

Luthier

No fake boobs in Thailand, except ladyboys, but it's not my league.

alphakazi
:) ... and you fit in so well, Luthier ;)

oh come on Luth... you know you want it :D

davelvisfr2.jpg

phaedo
:) ... and you fit in so well, Luthier ;)

oh come on Luth... you know you want it :D

davelvisfr2.jpg

Shhh, if you listen hard, you can maybe hear Neil walking in...

Member X

This thread is confusing me :D LoL

greg_r
This thread is confusing me :D LoL

Then our job here is done.

Member X

Er, having not seen the pic above when I posted earlier, it's a good job this office is empty now!!! LOL