Sign in to follow this  
Crusader

Geniune IWC Mark XV - only for men

Crusader

In my introduction topic, back in November I wrote my father owns gen IWC Mark XV and now I'm sharing it with you guys, I don't know what I was waiting for.

He owns just this watch, bought in 2005. Price was around 3.000 € I think, maybe few hundreds less or more.

He doesn't have anything against reps and is always almost as thrilled as me, when I get my new rep... he is actually thinking of getting a similar sized Patek Philippe, not so sure about that move yet.

Now on to the pics, it was really bright and hot at the moment I decided to make them, 36 ° C, so that explains the whiteness in the background:

39 mm ( it could be 38mm):

80889598.jpg

79039193.jpg

You can see minor scratches all over the watch, it was worn everyday for 6 years now:

11289729.jpg

87469614.jpg

93017644.jpg

It doesn't have strong AR coating so lots of refs and hard to take clear picture of the dial:

74408544.jpg

40632047.jpg

16000937.jpg

19396588.jpg

Wristie (like I always say, my camera has semi-macro lens so watches looks a bit bigger then in reality):

18445509.jpg

10699969.jpg

And comparison pic with ''monstrous'' Chopard GTXL:

76937232.jpg

Thanks for looking

SeanusMaximus

That is VERY nice :)

AustinTech

Nice...

So small...

Member X

Nice :Whistle:

Get it cleaned up a bit and it will look mint again! :wacko:

2point

A classy looking watch, nice clean lines. I like the shape of the strap, nicely padded.

Crusader

Thanks Sean :wacko:

Austin, it really is small for todays standards. But I think this is that type of watch, small and classy, you buy it with a reason :P

@MemberX, I agree with you, I needs a bit of a clean up. But it's not up to me, ''owner'' is not bothered to take it :Whistle:

@2point, that classy looking style was mainly the reason of buying the watch. It's not show-off watch, but an expert or watch enthusiast will recognize it.

And strap is actually quite cheap one, from our TD Sectime:

http://www.sectime.co.uk/leather-watch-str...html?cPath=8_34

The original strap broke, after all that years, because of the sweat and things like that.

Balad1

Great photos, thanks for taking the time to share.

houndoggie

It's not too small, especially if you put it on a bund or cuff strap.. (with studs)

nunu78

Shit :Whistle: these IWCs are growing on me ,nice watch.

myaz

Beautiful watch with clear numerals makes it easy to do what it's supposed to: tell time.

Thanks for posting a picture with both watches: it helps to tell relative sizes.

This trend of big watches will reverse in time as fads do: harder to button if you wear long sleeves, and adds needless bulk resulting in banging your wrist into things.

wat44

I like it a lot!

Pepp

Love that watch!

Crusader

I wrote that post before, but just few hours before server went down a while ago and it got lost in space :thud:

So here it is....

Just wanted to share the pic when the watch was temporary on brown strap, since original broke, because of the daily use.

That was before, the watch is now as on pics above:

a2.jpg

aaa2.jpg

aaaa2.jpg

aaaaa2.jpg

aaaaaa2.jpg

And the lume shot. I never actually wore the watch, but it's quite strong. Not divers watch strong, but strong enough :D

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa2.jpg