Sign in to follow this  
Double Red 1665

IWC Big Pilot Upgrades

Double Red 1665

I would like to hear from anyone who has done a successful mod on their big pilot, i have already bought a genuine deployment clasp and leather band, now i feel i need to work on the case back, dial and maybe the crown, can anyone steer me in the right direction for these parts, keen to see any images of mods done.

Cheers. J

Luthier

What to mod on BP?

Double Red 1665
What to mod on BP?

Well, making it a little more authentic, from what i have seen case backs do vary

as do the dial variants, just curious really and throwing it out there to the experienced masses

if its a waste of time, well at least i asked the question

mspangl

At the gen dial the power reserver is a little recessed

5 series parts are rare ...

Luthier

Casebacks on reps are 2 types - Platinum Edition and BP Fliegeruhr. And both are, practically, almost perfect replication of gen. BPs casebacks.

The only confusing point on BP reps was chromed DW frame, but, again, on 500401 gen. no frame, on 500402 - frame. Case is very good replication, nothing to mod there.

Luthier

Recessed on mine...

BP.jpg

Double Red 1665
Casebacks on reps are 2 types - Platinum Edition and BP Fliegeruhr. And both are, practically, almost perfect replication of gen. BPs casebacks.

The only confusing point on BP reps was chromed DW frame, but, again, on 500401 gen. no frame, on 500402 - frame. Case is very good replication, nothing to mod there.

I have the twin dial version with a seconds sub-dial and a power reserve sub-dial, the DW has no chrome frame, the case back is the platinum version! I have just sent the watch back and will be getting a replacement as the main hour markers looked like ray charles applied them, i fired up and they are going to find me a "Close to perfect Dial" for my replacement! Again this is my first replica so im asking all these annoying questions! mspangl has mentioned that parts are hard to come by for this series, i have asked before but is there a link for me to view the best replica that someone has posted on the site?

Thanks for the help. J

Double Red 1665

Recessed on mine...

BP.jpg

Thats an amazing looking replica, really nice, who did you buy this from?

What are your thoughts on the twin subdial model, dead giveaway at being a replica or likely that

it will be carried off as genuine?

ZellerFTW

Recessed on mine...

BP.jpg

Yes, Luthier... Do tell! Who sold you this rep? Just a matter of weeks ago you were showing me photos of a completely different Big Pilot rep. This one has a proper date window and strap.

Waipio Jeff
What are your thoughts on the twin subdial model, dead giveaway at being a replica or likely that

it will be carried off as genuine?

Not sure if there is an IWC twin subdial but I do not believe there is a twin subdial BP.

MikeMcNair

after seeing waipio11's IWC, i bought a parnis that i absolutely LOVE!!!!! its insane how similar they are!!!!!

look for my thread on manshibijie, and sign up to their site. 42mm, chrono was 73 bucks!!! and you can mod it all you want, and break it, and throw it away, and not care :)

vinnie007

Anyone found a BP with SuperLume?

MikeMcNair
CAN MIKEMCNAIR'S WATCH REPAIR make a BP with SuperLume?

yup :lol: