Sign in to follow this  
Member X

Keyless works buggered? Or something else?

Member X

I'm sure I have read a thread on this before but I'm buggered if I can find it... lol

Basically I pulled the crown out to set the time on my A6497 PAM homage this morning. Set the time, all was fine. Went to push the crown back in... it won't click into the winding position and continues to move the hands... ;)

The screw that secures the stem looks like it is tight as it should be (I've not got decent screwdrivers at work and can't get one into the slot on the screwhead ;) but it's not moving if I try to push it round) so do I need to reset the keyless works?

Like I said, probably a silly question but I thought I'd ask... lol

Cheers! :)

greg_r

Buggered would indeed be my expert opinion.... :facepalm:

iknownothingbadge.jpg

offshore
I've not got decent screwdrivers at work and can't get one into the slot on the screwhead :facepalm: but it's not moving if I try to push it round) so do I need to reset the keyless works?

More than probably!

However trying to do the job with inadequate tools, is more than probably the reason for the problem!

It really isn't a good idea to undertake this sort of job with inferior tools.

Offshore

Member X
I've not got decent screwdrivers at work and can't get one into the slot on the screwhead :facepalm: but it's not moving if I try to push it round) so do I need to reset the keyless works?

More than probably!

However trying to do the job with inadequate tools, is more than probably the reason for the problem!

It really isn't a good idea to undertake this sort of job with inferior tools.

Offshore

I will have to wait till I get home till I can access my RWG toolkit ;) but I just wanted to check now so I can avoid stripping the whole bloody thing down later if I don't have to :facepalm: lol

I feel naked without a watch on and silly with one that's not working strapped to my wrist!! :facepalm:

MikeMcNair
I'm sure I have read a thread on this before but I'm buggered if I can find it... lol

Basically I pulled the crown out to set the time on my A6497 PAM homage this morning. Set the time, all was fine. Went to push the crown back in... it won't click into the winding position and continues to move the hands... :frusty:

The screw that secures the stem looks like it is tight as it should be (I've not got decent screwdrivers at work and can't get one into the slot on the screwhead :facepalm: but it's not moving if I try to push it round) so do I need to reset the keyless works?

Like I said, probably a silly question but I thought I'd ask... lol

Cheers! :D

yup, sounds like keyless is effed bro. get a big hammer!

Member X

Dammit! :lol:

dingle

probably a quick fix

the detent in the crown in not lining up with the piece the release screw is used for ( the name of the piece escapes me, sorry)

you will need to remove the dial and hands an simply move it back into position. This typically happens when you rotate the screw for the stem one too many turns.

Happen to me on an a7750 and a molnija. Both took about 5 minutes to fix.

Silverspeed

Sounds to me Member X never uscrewed the relaese screw...in that case it probably is a very easy fix of re-positioning the yoke into the sliding pinion

dingle
Sounds to me Member X never uscrewed the relaese screw...in that case it probably is a very easy fix of re-positioning the yoke into the sliding pinion

agreed. It sounds like the screw has just "worked" loose.......

Member X
here is link that might help.....someone replied once to this thread.....:rofl:

http://www.homageforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=4482

haha Old age memory loss FTL :rofl::D

Thank you all, I will have a go either tonight (if I am not drunk from the pub :D) or sometime over the weekend!

I will also hopefully finalise the two builds I have in progress... :rofl:

Crimosoft

Seems that another way exists...

003244-006.772.jpg

They even manage to pre-service your watch far before you receive it :D