Sign in to follow this  
Distinct

BR03-92 from Mary, with a request for help...

Distinct

Has anyone ever encountered this weird coating problem on the crown head? I've seen a lot of crowns that have this weird blue coating or film and you normally just peel it off. On this particular example, it is very difficult to come off and when it does, it reveals the bare metal underneath. At this point I want to just leave it alone. Can I take the crown/stem out of the watch and scrub the crown down and then just spray paint it or something?

img3617u.jpg

Other than the crown problem, the watch is pretty good. Very heavy and solid feeling, the dial printing is clean. The strap is not too stiff and not too rubbery/gummy (I've had two other B&R that were of the two extremes. The crown also has very sharp nibs or edges, I've found that winding it leaves scratched dead skin from your fingers. One more thing for any people who don't already know, this is not a screw down crown (the genuine is not either).

img3611n.jpg

img3613yf.jpg

img3615c.jpg

Archaon

Not sure... I guess if i were you i would do what you suggested: remove the crown and repaint.

If you want to do this you need to remove the " do not unscrew" screw at the back, insert a small nail or screwdriver in the hole (making sure the rotor does not obstruct) and pull the crown gently.

Can you measure the case size and tell me what is it? I might buy this one from mary.

Thks

Distinct
Not sure... I guess if i were you i would do what you suggested: remove the crown and repaint.

If you want to do this you need to remove the " do not unscrew" screw at the back, insert a small nail or screwdriver in the hole (making sure the rotor does not obstruct) and pull the crown gently.

Can you measure the case size and tell me what is it? I might buy this one from mary.

Thks

This is the 42 mm casing and the BR01 is the larger 46 mm. Aside from the crown cosmetic issue, this is a very very nice watch. The movement is great and the crown smoothness in the different positions and winding is the best of all my watches (including a genuine Swiss ETA from BK).

Archaon

Thks

This is the 42 mm casing and the BR01 is the larger 46 mm. Aside from the crown cosmetic issue, this is a very very nice watch. The movement is great and the crown smoothness in the different positions and winding is the best of all my watches (including a genuine Swiss ETA from BK).

Thanks

Member X

You could always try a sharpie / marker pen on the blue stuff! lol

Cynikal.Mindset

how about your just contact Mary and see if she can 1. send you a new crown 2. take it back for exchange or 3. send you a new one with the blue coating removed by her and then you send back the defective one.

Distinct
You could always try a sharpie / marker pen on the blue stuff! lol

Don't laugh, I already did that with the top left screw which came sort of stripped. You can see a bit of the bare metal on the edges.

Thanks to all for the suggestions. I'm going to contact Mary but I'll most likely just pull the crown stem and fix it myself. I hate the shipping and waiting. This is like my other Rolex GMT that showed up DOA. I just fixed it myself instead of waiting all over again.

Member X

Sometimes doing things yourself is quicker and easier, although annoying!