Sign in to follow this  
cvp3

Greetings from a fellow addict

cvp3

Been lurking for awhile. Read up on all the stickys......great advice. Just placed my first order with one of our "trusted dealers". Probably should've taken a few baby steps first but decided to order 6reps from Timeshops.

Breitling Avenger Chrono - http://www.timeshops.net/breitling/4810-br...hronograph.html

Bell & Ross Tourbillon - http://www.timeshops.net/bell-a-ross/797-b...-rg-casing.html

Ferrari Black Dial - http://www.timeshops.net/8399-fe9910-ferra...-automatic.html

Montblanc white dial chrono - http://www.timeshops.net/10252-mo1310-mont...hronograph.html

U Boat Italo Fontana - http://www.timeshops.net/7447-ub28220-u-bo...hronograph.html

Ulysse Nardin Maxi Marine Chrono - http://www.timeshops.net/ulysse-nardin/401...hronograph.html

I know they're all the cheapies but figured this would be a good way to make my first deal. I already have two Breitling Bentleys and a Rolex Daytona from the Philippines and a Patek Philippe and another Ulysse Nardin from Canal Street in NY. I much prefer the online method of buying these watches. Much safer.

Edited by cvp3

twall

WELCOME!

I got a cheap Sub from TS, and I love it, exceeded my expectations. Cheap isn't a guarantee for shit!

Um, isn't 6 cheapies equal to TWO nicer ones? Or even ONE really nice one? LOL :thumbsup:

You do have a nice mix in that list........

Edited by twall

cvp3
WELCOME!

I got a cheap Sub from TS, and I love it, exceeded my expectations. Cheap isn't a guarantee for shit!

Um, isn't 6 cheapies equal to TWO nicer ones? Or even ONE really nice one? LOL :thumbsup:

You do have a nice mix in that list........

Yeah, probably 2 nice ones for sure. My favorite rep is my gold Ulysse Nardin chronometer with exhibition back. I paid $40 for it on canal street two years ago and it's still ticking. Great looking watch. The key is to not get what you paid for.......but more.

Edited by cvp3

twall

I got a rep 18 years ago from my buddy, who bought it from a coworker who got it from Canal st in the early 90's. It was a cheap-assed quartz Rolex DayDate. I, however, just loved the design, and the weight. I became infatuated with Rolex since then.

I'll get another DD, but I gotta really shop around the TD's......each one has one extra model, along with the standards. Someday, I'll find a DD with two-tone and diamond dial, just like my old quartz rep. Still have the watch, but it really isn't worth fixing, for the price of a new one.

Luthier

More of shit?

Could buy 2 really good reps.

Just my 2 cents.

Del

Hello and welcome! ;)

Look forward to seeing pics of your new purchases. :D

Nisv

Hi Cvp3, welcome ;)

Allright, now that's a purchase :)

Welcome to the Dark Side :)

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse :D

surely, you split up the shipments?

cvp3
welcome to the nuthouse ;)

surely, you split up the shipments?

No I sure didn't. Guessing that would be a "noob" move not to huh? Not too late as I'm waiting for QC pix. I'll address it tonight when we exchange emails. I don't even get this excited about emails from relatives.

robznet

Welcome to RWG - bold move to order 6 at once! Obviously the forum has given you some confidence. Post pics when they arrive! ;)

cvp3
Welcome to RWG - bold move to order 6 at once! Obviously the forum has given you some confidence. Post pics when they arrive! :dingleberry-nemesis:

Probably. Paid with CC so not too worried about recovering from a seized shipment.

Aren

Welcome cvp3

I know I am not in addiction recovery

when I still love to look at watches I will never see or own.

Hell, I love to look at watches I wouldn't choose to own, but still admire.

There is no 12 step programme here...if you are here you are lucky.

You are among a great group of human beings who really love great watches.

Welcome, welcome and enjoy your time here. :)

Glad to have you with us.

:dingleberry-nemesis:

cvp3

Got the QC pix last night for all but the B&R. I like what I'm seeing so far, especially the communication from Lois.

stewzzy

look forward to seeing the collection of six. bumper pack through customs hopefully not a problem! and welcome welcome welcome!

amuthon

I would really avoid that tourby if you're planning to stay here

and spend some time.

You will find out soon, what I'm talking about. :lol:

cvp3
I would really avoid that tourby if you're planning to stay here

and spend some time.

You will find out soon, what I'm talking about. :lol:

Do tell. It's the only one I haven't received QC pix of yet. Backing out and switching may still be an option.

cvp3

Problem solved. B&R was out of stock. Switching to another Breitling. You can never have too many Breitlings.........or can you?