Sign in to follow this  
greg_r

POLL: RWG Watch Sales area

alphakazi
Alpha, what's up with all the talk about faeces?

:)

sorry Kinky - I get like that when I don't sleep... at all actually - it's 9am now and the night before I didn't sleep either so I get ranty - I'd probablly write much better (and shorter) with a clear head - but I think you get the general idea, greg has amuch better way with words :frusty:

I was considering hitting the sack but I'm going to go military style today - i could hit 3 days in my youth - I thought you need less sleep as you age?

JohnG
I'm not really trying to swing the argument either way. There's a part of me that would prefer to keep things simple - but I should probably point out that RWG1 did originally have a sales area, although it was discontinued well before you and I showed up.

Yes, and from all accounts it was a good thing they got rid of it. And definitely it was/is nice to be able to trash a dealer up one side and down the other without having to worry about that dealer bitching to admin.

I AM trying to swing the argument. I am not neutral at all, I like things the way they are, some things should stay that way regardless of what people say - the forum, if allowed to evolve freely along the whims of the entire membership, will end up a clone of the others. People want one-stop shopping, to be able to do it all from one place. But that means insularity and bullshit interforum rivalry. Right now none of that exists either, because we are all forced to go out to the other forums if for no other reason to browse the sales threads. If we have our own, many will start the "I don't need any other forum, this is the BEST" bullshit and we will end up being an even more pathetic version of RWI (because we don't even have the content THEY have).

This is a clubhouse, a frat house, for talking about watches, drinking, and farting (and cars too sometimes).

Anyway, I am doing more than just expressing my opinion, I am trying to get others to see that this would be a BIG FUCKING MISTAKE. We don't NEED it, and it won't make this a BETTER forum, so leave it out.

In any event, just so everyone is clear, if this ever DID happen, I will be out there crapping up the threads of any fuckers who join for the purpose of coming over here to dump their second hand watches. A lot of people do that at RWI, I think it is bullshit. I a member, REAL MEMBER wants to sell a watch here, now, he can. He posts some pics, hints he is getting rid of it, people send pm's. Deals are done. The RWG1 way. But that is because we all understand each other. Start letting anyone come in and just post up their sales threads like this were a free classifieds flier - I am going to fuck with them. Count on it. The JOHNG WAY.

JohnG

Also gotta say, given the importance of this decision, I think each member should have had to STATE his vote. No doubt we have more than a few weeny noobs voting who are like, "Oh cool, yeah, let's have a sales forum!" I don't like the idea AT ALL that some fucking fly-by-nighter can have as much say as I do. Lots of people come and go, they are not the "membership".

In the Judgement Day thread votes were weighted by post count. I am not saying that is the way to go, but some douche who showed up three days ago and has fewer posts, voting on THIS? It bothers ME and it should bother you guys too....

KBH
This is a clubhouse, a frat house, for talking about watches, drinking, and farting (and cars too sometimes).

Anyway, I am doing more than just expressing my opinion, I am trying to get others to see that this would be a BIG FUCKING MISTAKE. We don't NEED it, and it won't make this a BETTER forum, so leave it out.

In any event, just so everyone is clear, if this ever DID happen, I will be out there crapping up the threads of any fuckers who join for the purpose of coming over here to dump their second hand watches. A lot of people do that at RWI, I think it is bullshit. I a member, REAL MEMBER wants to sell a watch here, now, he can. He posts some pics, hints he is getting rid of it, people send pm's. Deals are done. The RWG1 way. But that is because we all understand each other. Start letting anyone come in and just post up their sales threads like this were a free classifieds flier - I am going to fuck with them. Count on it. The JOHNG WAY.

Boy, I saw this coming. And I knew it would be JohnG bringing it. I rally hope you don't take offense, John, but this forum isn't just your personal playpen. It's not gonna survive long tern with the little 20 man clique we now have. Even though it is fun and cozy.

Like any business, and I assume this is being looked at as a business by Greg, it's either grow or die. Who's going to finance this project without new blood. Rep sales and dealer information is what brings in the new people. I'll bet that's what brought every one of us to these forums originally. Not to talk about pussy and homo watches.

"In any event, just so everyone is clear, if this ever DID happen, I will be out there crapping up the threads of any fuckers who join for the purpose of coming over here to dump their second hand watches. " And you would deserve to be banned for that behavior.

greg_r

You make a good argument, John - and I'll say here and now that if there isn't a CLEAR majority for change, we'll stay as we are. The poll is simply there to give us a sense of which way the members are going with this. I am paying VERY close attention to what is said in this thread - I'm not only interested in the numbers.

I'll also say that even if we do end up with a sales forum, we're not going to be jumping in with both feet. I am not looking forward to the hassle involved in managing this, so we'll start slow (member sales only for starters) and if it looks like it isn't working, we'll back the hell out again. I am leaning towards making the posting of sales topics a supporter privilege only, which should weed out some of the nonsense. If we do this, we're going to do it right or not at all.

John - if you want to start a campaign against this, you're welcome to do so with no complaints from me (if you win, my life is easier - I have no problems with that concept :frusty: ). We're not going to do anything until it becomes obvious that we have some sort of consensus. We're friends here and we are not going to be riding roughshod over anybody - on either side of the argument.

Currently the vote is too close to call - which is interesting. I was expecting it to be clearer by now. I'm in no hurry to start this, so let's see how it pans out. Even if we vote one way now, it doesn't mean we have to live with that decision in the long term if we don't like it - we can always discuss this again down the road, whichever decision we make now.

Addressing something else that came up here. Yes, we are going to outgrow our current hosting. At present we're breaking even, so are 100% covered for now. In the longer term, as the board gets busier, we will have to move to a host with more CPU allocation - we're already bouncing off the limits every now and then and I refuse to let this board go the same way as the old RWG1 did. My guess is that we're okay through the end of this year, at which point I'll have to look at moving the board. Costs will probably triple at first and slowly increase from there if the board continues to grow at the current rate - I can handle some of that initial expense myself and I'm sure we'll pick up a few more supporters on the way. This whole sales thing really isn't about money for the board - in fact I'll say it right here: this board is NOT a business and we will NOT make any money out of dealer sales (if we even have dealer sales) here. All income from donations etc will go straight back into the board - if we end up with a surplus, you can count on some decent giveaways/free raffles. If we struggle to pay for hosting, you guys will be the first to know.

This whole deal is about giving the membership the best board we can - and that membership gets to decide what constitutes 'the best board'. If you guys don't want a sales area, I'm fine with that, honestly. If you do, I'm fine with that too. :)

alphakazi
Alpha, I am okay with lists of dealers, etc... even the homage subforum, but aren't we talking about a SALES FORUM here? Having dealers selling on the forum is NOT the same as going to eBay, coming back to share about it. As soon as there are dealers on here, there are members with an ECONOMIC interest in affecting board policies. I say keep $ out of the mix. You can't have controversy about self-serving admin and backroom deal making if there is no money being changed hands.

If the forum needs more money to function, I will kick in. You will too, so will others. We don't need to raise revenue like some other forums do. There are plenty of venues to buy, sell, so why do it here. TRUST ME, adding a sales forum will detract from the board more than it will add. Pretty soon we will have those fucking threads "I bought a watch from member JoeSchmoe and it doesn't work/didn't arrive/he doesn't answer emails/blah blah blah" - they will bitch here, to Greg, to YOU, to Col, there will be bad blood between members, all for what? So we don't have to open a second browswer window?

Again, lists of trusted dealers, homage sections, all cool with me. But if there is a sales forum there will be problems and it will DEFINITELY change the fundamental character of the board. That is one of the things that makes this board unique. Let the other boards deal with headaches, we just have fun, post links to other sales threads, because we help each other out. We are buds.

I am in AA - and AA is self-supporting, doesn't accept any outside money, all contributions are ONLY from members, and only what each feels comfortable giving. AA doesn't sell merchandise (just literature at a TINY markup to help pay for the central offices' expenses), and actively discourages any business dealings between members. They don't own property, every space AA occupies is rented (we don't even accept "free rent" so as not to be in debted to anybody). The point is, they discovered early on that mixing money into the forumula changed, degraged the nature and quality of the fellowship that existed there. Mark my words, if there is place on this forum that encourages the exchange of money and products between members, the same will happen here.

ok, now we are talking - I have to say, very valid points and not because of how polite you were - you DO have a very good point - I do fully understand this point as well as agree - to an extent... as this point has some grey areas that are not black or white.

I'm glad I see where you are coming from exactly now - I probably mis read you somewhat - anywho - I want to make something very clear

We will NEVER at any point, make ANY type of $$$ dealings to gain profit or money to support the forums - you know how they say business and family don't mix - it's the same concept... it *could* fuck stuff up BUT... I believe there is a way to do it differently...

we are not talking about a HUGE amount of money here - I don't see ANY value in a business as small as this (forgive me if that sounds... whatever..) I mean dealing with a rep dealer to gain profit can only make you as a 3rd man only so much money - it's not worth the effort in that respect

I have no interest in this as a business - you see - ok, I'll just tell you my story... I've taken some time off of work in order to ease my nerves as I have some stress issues. I can't load too much stress on myself without paying so I have to pace myself now - this is frustrating because I use to be able to in my 20's ( I could deal with 30 clients at a time - fast.. never felt any problems) - self employed sales can get the best of you at times - luckily I've been doing this well for near 18years now and I know a few tricks to ease the stress and keep things moving but nevertheless, I still get stressed out, usually at stupid clients that screw you - amazing how many untrustworthy people roam the earth and would sell their mother for $1, most agents will make you sign a contract but it's not my style, you want to work with me great, if you want to leave and work with antoher agent - fuck off :) I just don't care anymore but clients that do work with me get a service that I'd say only 5% of the agents can provide, mainly because of my computers skills - ok, rant mode is engaging... now disengaged..

so anyhow, I've taken some time off to basically chill and do some hobbies like flying, computers, audio mixing etc. etc. and as I use to admin for so many years in other various things, I feel right at home and find it enjoyable to work on a community doing something I enjoy - mechanical watches - they fascinate me - a "brand" does not fascinate me at all which is why I'm ok with Sterile - I'm also $$$ conscience out of principals which is why I like reps and drive an older benz - it's funny but they are actually a good investment - impossible to lose money on - a pilot acquaintance of mine use to sell them like hotcakes for $250-$350 for the crappy stuff - making some $200 each and could sell a few a day if he wanted - I know this because I bought a few myself and have seen how many clients he had - the market is huge, practically anyone you talk to, you can sell a rep to, I could easily make a living out of this industry but never what I could do selling real estate. so there is NO intereset to do anything even remotely similar... making money = work for me but bickering in forums about trivial things is somewhat...well let's just say it's not stressful.

the real deal on the dealer forums was purely convenience for members and tbh, to gather more members that stick around - if it's not that, we'll do something else but I will personally make sure we work on our numbers - I still feel we need new blood in here and the quality blood won't stick around unless we have some real good stuff - this mean quality posts and more of them - I think the political and boobie banter is entertaining but I think the pro posters are looking for more (most I"m guessing anyways) and we can give them more - we got boobies.. we got reps some cool sterile watches and ongoing projects... you name it, I'm sure we can come up with 10,000 ideas but one thing is certain, if we continue the small talk and it occupies the majority of the forum - sure, we'll be just fine but you TRUST Me when I say, you'll enjoy yourself much more when 30 members are all making comments and not the same dirty dozen - i got nothing but <3

Let's make the Sterile section and get some things going - forget the full blown dealer sales for now - lets just make a list of trusted sterile dealers and we should be good to go

I can understand we should move slowly and not dump a whole lot of change in a short period of time - I'm sure many of us will be posting here 10 years from now - there is no rush for anything really

we could do it different - not so formal - kinda like how we have a trusted dealer list - its very close to the same thing that I'm thinking, only difference being the dealer is not actively selling and we all know where to go. If we make for example a CUST Watch sub forum, we could post all our cust homage watches in there and we could have a rule that dealers can't post on the forums about their product - that could eliminate noobs from getting the impression that we are somehow related business wise. Noobs should know that any issues have to taken up with the dealer as we have nothing to do with it - you'll get a noob here and there but big deal... easily dealt with plus we WANT to hear bad stories in the review section - the only trick I see is making it clear we have no affiliation but only good experience "thus far" with them and every noob should know that it's possible to eventually lose or get screwed in some way.. it's the nature of the biz, if you have issues with that - there is always walmart watches right? I believe they have a 90 day return policy on watches with no questions asked :frusty:

alphakazi

just read the previous posts - interesting how we are all practically on the same page

having said that, there is a confusion about "dealer" sales and "member and/or VIP member" sales - another interesting point - I think it's fair to say having a Sterile and Homage sub section is a GO

as for the sales thing... I like the idea of just having a sub forum for the dealer where we basically are pushing their product without them having to be involved here (just as we do now) - then the noob goes to the dealer out of the forum - so really there are no actually sales going on in the forum - it's more or less free advertising for them by means of our reviews and pictures - we can boot them as we see fit - it's really an advanced version of the "trusted dealer list"

later if we want to trade Sterile amongst us - go ahead, it's legal and you must offer a 7 day refund for eg. we can make something up... If someone comes on and becomes a VIP member in order to rip someone off.. ah well, again, the nature of the biz - besides, I really never see that happening - I don't even see us really trading very much either...

KBH

A lot of good points here. And Greg, this is a business, even if you plan it to be "not for profit". As it outgrows your servers you're probably not going to want to pay for the whole thing yourself. You need to bring in more supporters. Once again this relates to having more reasons for noobs to show up.

I think a lot of people here think of noobs as nothing but low life pains in the ass that contribute nothing. Well think back a year or two ago and we were all noobs.

By the way, who has the best sub these days?

greg_r

KBH - absolutely. All I meant is that I am not personally going to take a single penny out of this - the board income pays for the board. If we make a surplus, there will be some freebies on offer somewhere down the line ;)

For what it's worth, I make my living as one of 4 senior officers of a medium-sized Charity, so the concept of not making a profit is strangely familiar :)

And yes - your point about noobs is well taken. We're fortunate that we've had quite a few new members lately - some have been newbies, some are just new to us. If they're taking an active interest in the board, then they're as entitled to their say as anyone else - as with all of these communities, the old school move on and the new guys take over. This year's newbs are next year's board admins... (well, it happened to me! I've been collecting for years, but it's only just about 13 months since I joined RWG1 and look what happened! :suicide:)

John has the best sub btw... and I don't think he'll ever sell it ;)

alphakazi
This year's newbs are next year's board admins... (well, it happened to me! I've been collecting for years, but it's only just about 13 months since I joined RWG1 and look what happened! ;))

;):)

alphakazi
this is a business, even if you plan it to be "not for profit".

+1

I'll take a stab and say you're an entrepreneur :)

KBH

Yah, I forgot about that awesome vintage rep Sub that he did the review on.

KBH

+1

I'll take a stab and say you're an entrepreneur :)

I've had several businesses. Some very successful. Some not so much. From retail to wholesale manufacturing. Construction/remodeling for the last 15 years. Now pretty much retired, mostly due to the housing market. This is the best gig yet.

My big question of the day is: Should I mow the yard or put if off until tomorrow.

alphakazi

+1

I'll take a stab and say you're an entrepreneur ;)

I've had several businesses. Some very successful. Some not so much. From retail to wholesale manufacturing. Construction/remodeling for the last 15 years. Now pretty much retired, mostly due to the housing market. This is the best gig yet.

My big question of the day is: Should I mow the yard or put if off until tomorrow.

:) well now I feel retired

interesting how when you do any type of successful business/es after a period of time you find out the rules are universal

greg_r
interesting how when you do any type of successful business/es after a period of time you find out the rules are universal

Amen - ran a couple myself years back. Same principles apply to 'em all..

Luthier

How we buy reps?

I can tell how I do it.

For example, today I decide to buy XXX rep. I open my "DEALERS" folder, and search this model thru all dealers websites.

Then I decide, from whom to buy.

Why the hell we should have dealers section right here, where they'll introduce same watches that I can see it on their websites?

It makes no sense.

Robert is our member, and it's just great, that we can discuss things with him, ask him questions, etc. I have nothing against it, Rob is great person and great dealer. Mary just joined the Forum, I hope we'll have pleasure to talk to her and ask her a questions.

But dealers sales... bad idea. Commercializing pure ideas always was a bad thing.

Sales between members... I think it will destroy Forum. Bad blood will be spilled out sooner or later.

Just my 2 cents.

KBH

I guess I just normally look for the best in people. If I have a nice watch that I don't wear, I'd rather sell it to one of you guys at a good price just figuring it wouldn't be a problem and if it were, it would easily be solved. Rather than deal with some stranger that's going to assume your screwing him and turn you in to PP if the watch doesn't show up in 3 days or gets broken in transit. When I put one on Repgeek I automatically bump up the price a little just to cover the hassle.

I will have to admit Repgeek does make it easy to get rid of unwanted pieces.

alphakazi
How we buy reps?

I can tell how I do it.

For example, today I decide to buy XXX rep. I open my "DEALERS" folder, and search this model thru all dealers websites.

Then I decide, from whom to buy.

Why the hell we should have dealers section right here, where they'll introduce same watches that I can see it on their websites?

It makes no sense.

Robert is our member, and it's just great, that we can discuss things with him, ask him questions, etc. I have nothing against it, Rob is great person and great dealer. Mary just joined the Forum, I hope we'll have pleasure to talk to her and ask her a questions.

But dealers sales... bad idea. Commercializing pure ideas always was a bad thing.

Sales between members... I think it will destroy Forum. Bad blood will be spilled out sooner or later.

Just my 2 cents.

Bad blood spills with or without sales Luth - sooner or later.

You have experience buying watches but consider the new people. Imagine it's your day #1. Let's completely forget about Replica sales for the time being because of legal issues. The consideration is for Sterile/Homage. Your dealer selection for good Sterile and Homage watches is VERY limited - most of it is pure junk out there. While a Trusted Dealer List is really what is needed, the reviews, pics, projects and experiences could be organized in a noob friendly fashion.

It's easy to see how things could be run with a few dozen people but as you expand, those same systems become weak. If we "overbuild" certain areas now, it may save a ton of headache for admins in the future - who knows what will happen in a few years but having non-replica dealer sub forums can't hurt either way. If for any reason, there are issues - we'll adapt as we go. We want to make it noob friendly, where it's easy for any experienced member to point them in the right direction with a single hyperlink and when they get there, have the information their are looking for in a neat easy to read system - the search button doesn't always help a nooblet - it could, actually confuse them more. Ideally, we'd like a new member to jump in, find exactly what they are looking for and return.

A FAQ for each dealer would also be helpful as each one may operate differently - the dealer FAQ (just a thought) would be at the head of the each sub forum. Instead of just seeing a Trusted Dealer List and then asking... ok so now what?.. They could check the main TDL, then find out more info about a specific dealer in their subforum, see previous reviews, pictures, mods, issues, etc. - the dealer doesn't have to be present at all. They don't have to actively sell because their past reviews will dictate how many new sales they make here. This type of info can only help new players.

I think sales amongst our VIP family is just fine, especially with, for example, a 7 day you pay shipping return policy, don't like 7 days? Well, go sell on another forum then - it's to protect the members - if you sell what you stated in the listing, you have noting to worry about :P This is common on ebay with dealers of 99%+ ratings. The more secure someone feels, the more they sell. If we enforce basic rules, the chances of a fellow VIP getting screwed are quite slim.

JohnG
I guess I just normally look for the best in people. If I have a nice watch that I don't wear, I'd rather sell it to one of you guys at a good price just figuring it wouldn't be a problem and if it were, it would easily be solved. Rather than deal with some stranger that's going to assume your screwing him and turn you in to PP if the watch doesn't show up in 3 days or gets broken in transit. When I put one on Repgeek I automatically bump up the price a little just to cover the hassle.

I will have to admit Repgeek does make it easy to get rid of unwanted pieces.

But we already do that. People say, "Look! Here is a watch I am going to sell on RG!" - do you think Greg is checking people's pm's to see if anyone is pming that person saying, "how much?" The thing is, when it is done like that, a) it stays among friends and B no one can go bitch to Greg later, because they were not supposed to be doing it anyway.

If no one wants it, on it goes to RG or one of the others.

As to "my personal playpen" - no, it isn't, but I will express my opinion forcefully if it is about something that I believe would affect the board adversely. Greg already has enough work as it is without whiner noobs bitching about sales gone bad. And I know it is not a business or about money for these guys. And Greg knows that as long as I am breathing he can count on me to cough up if he needs cash - and I expect him to have ALL expenses paid. He does the work, we pay, that is the way it should be, he shouldn't be out of pocket to boot (though I bet he is).

So if the sales section isn't to help pay board expenses, then there isn't much reason for it. We aren't a 12 man clique - there are 835 registered members. More will come. We don't need to attract even MORE people - grow or die is true to some extent, but we really only need enough to replace the natural attrition and maybe a little more. Jameo or Oscar fade away, we get a few fresh faces, a couple stay, it stays homey and fun. Liek the place we all missed when it went down and we ended up in the Bin at RWG.cc.

But I am serious, if there IS a sales forum, and I see fuckers coming over here, not even joining to support the forum, for the EXCLUSIVE purpose of selling watches (like I saw happening on RWI) - people who NEVER post anything but sales threads and then scuttle back to their other forums, I will be in their faces. And in THIS forum, that is NOT bannable conduct, unless things have REALLY changed since this place started up. Anyone uses this place as a dumping ground, and I will call them on it IN THEIR SALES THREAD.

I don't make the decision, it is a collective thing, and I knew Greg would not be looking just at numbers in the poll, but at the opinions, the members who actually express them, etc.... But even if it is all for and I am the only one against, I will bitch about it from now to kingdom come and I will bitch slap the first asshole to join and start spamming the sales forum without saying dick to the membership. That is who I am, and at that point we can have a judgement day vote and you guys can decide if you would rather ban me than see me chase off a bunch of fucking leeches.

That's the RWG way.

:P

sconehead

and more to the point, the JohnG way... :P

I'm still thinking on this one and haven't voted as of yet, this isn't to be taken lightly...

@Greg, there's no way you're paying for anything out of your own pocket, John,I and I'm sure all the others, would take offence if you didn't let us contribute our share to the board...

Luthier

Alpha, you convinced me. Sounds very logical.

And... you're right about bad blood will be spilled anyway...already does. I'm primary target for it. So, I know it well.

:P :lol::heffalump:

alphakazi
Greg already has enough work as it is without whiner noobs bitching about sales gone bad. And I know it is not a business or about money for these guys. And Greg knows that as long as I am breathing he can count on me to cough up if he needs cash

much appreciated John.. and any money that is received that goes beyond paying the bills... is given to VIP members... we are working on some goodies atm - at the end of the day the balance is $0

The more donations, the more fun stuff we'll be doing - so it's not that cash is "needed" but the more $$, the more we give back so donate away!

We aren't a 12 man clique - there are 835 registered members.

How many do you think are actual members - I'm probably a "member" of 50 various forums - doesn't mean too much - I had to sign up to get a piece of info, never to return...

if there IS a sales forum, and I see fuckers coming over here, not even joining to support the forum, for the EXCLUSIVE purpose of selling watches (like I saw happening on RWI) - people who NEVER post anything but sales threads and then scuttle back to their other forums, I will be in their faces. And in THIS forum, that is NOT bannable conduct, unless things have REALLY changed since this place started up. Anyone uses this place as a dumping ground, and I will call them on it IN THEIR SALES THREAD.

no problems there as it will be exclusively for VIP members with say... a minimum post count and you are most welcome to rip new ones if people get out of line with their $500 PAMs

alphakazi
I'm still thinking on this one and haven't voted as of yet, this isn't to be taken lightly...

@Greg, there's no way you're paying for anything out of your own pocket, John,I and I'm sure all the others, would take offence if you didn't let us contribute our share to the board...

Thank you Scone for giving it serious thought before voting - your type of vote will mean the most. In fact, it might be advantageous to hold another vote given all the new ideas we have discussed - this was a way to see what you guys wanted and to keep the majority of members happy - of course, you can't please everyone.

Greg can use as much money as you can donate... as stated, every penny over actual expenses (time is purely voluntary), get's dumped back to the VIP members - the more $$, the more crazy stuff we'll come up with to keep things new and fun. Even without donations, the admins have already decided we'd pay for everything (some new ideas we're discussing) out of our pocket - but hey, if you can donate anything it would help that much more - there can never be too much $$$ :P

@Luth - *sigh* thanks! One less combatant :lol:

the forums would be that much more lifeless without you

iabounty

VIP members with a minimum post count of 200. I need to know who I am buying from or selling to.

Gotta take the bitter with the sweet. If something is not worth working for it's not worth having IMO...

JohnG

Maybe it has already been said, but WHY do we need to have selling on this board, given there are THREE others where we can do it?

I think there are serious risks and there can be no doubt it will change the board, A LOT. Given that, it seems that it is something we would do only if there were no (or few) other places to buy and sell watches. I haven't seen an explanation as to why this is so important. We get something we already have at the other forums (in other words, we really gain nothing) and we risk turning this into something that (I thought we agreed when the board was established) that it should not be).

I am not totally adverse to taking a little risk, but only when there is a real need. There is no need here, so why do it?