Sign in to follow this  
greg_r

POLL: RWG Watch Sales area

greg_r
Damn Greg. I thought you were off the crack this month.

Nope - just moved to the liquid variety :thumbsup:

sconehead
200 quality posts, not one word crap mind you.

Col.

Well I guess that's all the current membership not eligible then... :D

The big thing for me about the sales/dealer thing is that like it or not, it will over time sanatize the forum to a certain extent, it's just an evolutionary thing.

However, this forum has to grow or slowly fade away. So reluctantly, we must all accept that this is part and parcel of 1.1's growing pains.

I don't think any of the main users active here at the moment are shrinking violets...and this is key.

Being unafraid to speak your mind, which most of us do, using sarcasm, wit or outright flaming will be the the foundation that will stop this place becoming a clone of the other forums (to which a large portion of us frequent as well anyway, each having it's own style/merits) and help to maintain it's unique identity.

This, along with the gallows humor we all seem to thrive on, I personally hope, will keep us not too far from what I feel this forum is all about... straight talking with negligible moderation and most of all... good fun...

Speaking of good fun, John, take a step back and try to look at your current attitude towards Joey and now KB, as if you were like me, a third party. This is certainly not fun, in fact it's sad to see, you're bigger than this...bury the hatchet, for the good of the forum... :frusty:

KBH
...will only bring opportunities for problems and bad feelings and more work for the administrators.

"that other guy" agrees.

Thanks Joey, I thought that was me!

alphakazi
straight talking with negligible moderation and most of all... good fun...

sounds like a slogan to me :frusty:

iabounty

This thread reads like a Demsey post... :frusty:

Luthier

WE

ARE

PERFECT!!!

:frusty:

greg_r
The big thing for me about the sales/dealer thing is that like it or not, it will over time sanatize the forum to a certain extent, it's just an evolutionary thing.

However, this forum has to grow or slowly fade away. So reluctantly, we must all accept that this is part and parcel of 1.1's growing pains.

I don't think any of the main users active here at the moment are shrinking violets...and this is key.

Being unafraid to speak your mind, which most of us do, using sarcasm, wit or outright flaming will be the the foundation that will stop this place becoming a clone of the other forums (to which a large portion of us frequent as well anyway, each having it's own style/merits) and help to maintain it's unique identity.

This, along with the gallows humor we all seem to thrive on, I personally hope, will keep us not too far from what I feel this forum is all about... straight talking with negligible moderation and most of all... good fun...

Yep - well said, Sconey - I agree with much of what you say. If we do this thing I think it's important that we do not suddenly start thinking that we're going to be like all the other forums - we won't be. I expect the sales area to largely police itself - simply because I'm hoping that you guys will feel free call 'foul' if you see something going on that isn't right. The only moderation I expect to do is to deal severely with any newcomers who try to abuse the system - and hopefully that won't happen often, given the minimum requirements for posting a sale. Even miscreants won't get banned, however - but we will have a mechanism in place to remove access to the sales section for certain people if required.

Any board will change over time - even this place has changed (for the better, I think) since we set it up. That's the way of things. What we won't be doing, however, is becoming a pale, restrictive shadow of our former self - our freedom of expression is what sets us apart from the rest and I, for one, like it that way.

JohnG
...will only bring opportunities for problems and bad feelings and more work for the administrators.

"that other guy" agrees.

How could it be, you are light years away from being powermax! :) The other guy knew who the other guy was!

JoeyB

"that other guy" agrees.

Lol! After 38 years I can easily recognize a drama queen!

KBH

:)

So, all I need is to do this on 1640 posts and I'll be one of you? Gosh I can't wait.

JoeyB
;)

So, all I need is to do this on 1640 posts and I'll be one of you? Gosh I can't wait.

You're already one of us, no one can argue that. I'd guess you'll get to powermax when you feel like it.