Sign in to follow this  
Mick77

My first Breitling replica purchase

Mick77

I want to buy a Breitling replica from:

http://www.swissreplicastore.com/product.p...1&Product=2

what do you guys, who are expirienced think about this product?

I dont want to fool an authorized dealer, but I would like my friends to think it's original.

I found several watches from about $80 up to $300 in this model. What kind of money does one have to spend to get a "normal" replica, which will not fall apart or start to peel or whatever very soon?

It is supposed to have a Japanese Miyota automatic movement... is this any good?

I will be very grateful for your advise

Mick

alphakazi

Thanks for stopping by the forums Mick. You're questions are most welcomed here and many will assist you to get the best deal and inform you.

When buying a replica in order for your friends to believe it's real, it's important to get one as close to the genuine article as possible.

This watch does not have a working chronograph. You'll need to buy a Bentley that has an asian 7750 movement (more expensive..)

I have a cheapy version of this watch as well, though it's not quartz, you can find this watch with a mechanical movement for about the same price but wlll NOT have a working Chrono - the sub dials will be "faux" and setting the date will be done via the pushers...

also, who is that dealer? you NEVER buy from an unknown dealer - please refer to our "trusted dealer" link at the very top of the forums - choose your dealer 1st, then your watch because many of those replica sites on the interweb are either scams or they will give you a hellish experience...

many of us have been enjoying Robert of Time4Direct's fine services but you are free to use any dealer on that list - I would suggest sending Robert a pm on this watch - he will tell you which is best - you can spend up to $400 on this beauty and you'll get what you pay for including a fully functional chronograph - if you want a $100 watch, it will still look impressive to your friends if they are not very knowledgeable in watches

edit: sorry, I see you mentioned it was an automatic... I see Japanese and Miyota and "automatically" think quartz... probably is a quartz too... still this is not a dealer you want to use

greg_r

Welcome, Mick

Alphakazi gives good advice. Stay well away from swissreplicastore - they're a well-known scam operation. Take a look at our trusted dealer list (linked from the top of every page) - you'll find a few options there. If you want to buy direct from a web site, then Perfect Clones (Josh) is a good choice. My top recommendation, however, would be to email Time4Direct (aka Prestige Watch co). with a description of what you want.

As Alpha says, the cheaper models will either not have working chronos (if automatic) or will be quartz, so won't be too convincing. You're going to need to spend in the region of $300 for a watch with a 7750 movement (which is similar to the movement fitted to the real thing) for it to be really convincing.

Luthier

It's cheap quartz. It has chrono function, according to subdials, but it's scam site.

Stay away!!!

My advice - read this Forum posts for a few days, especially this one:

http://www.replica-watch-guide.net/forum/i...hp?showtopic=39

After that - ask questions, if you'll still have a few.

Go to our TRUSTED DEALERS LIST.

Ask questions again.

Then, and only then you can open your wallet.

Welcome to the Forum!!

JohnG

Yeah, for now stick with the dealers recommended by the forum members - we know them, their strengths and weaknesses, customer service, etc... You can get that watch in a variety of qualities as already said, some quite good.

trailboss99

Hi and welcome. Godd advice above. Unfortunatly you have chosen a watch that is rather expensive to buy a good rep of. There are many good Brietlings that can be bought cheaper (those without stopwatch function) however most Briets are not the cheapest of reps.

Regards, Col.

Mick77

Thank you for your advice, all of you. I have contacted a few dealers from the list, I now await their answers.

Still I have one more question:

I found this watch

http://www.houseofsouvenirs.com/breitling/breitling_324.htm

it is from the recommended dealer list. It is really cheap. Now my question is: Other dealers from this list sell very similar watches for abou $300 - this one costs $80.

I would like your opininion - Is it worth to pay 300? Because if there really is a difference, I think it's better to dig deeper in the wallet, but am I right or wrong?

Mick

greg_r
Thank you for your advice, all of you. I have contacted a few dealers from the list, I now await their answers.

Still I have one more question:

I found this watch

http://www.houseofsouvenirs.com/breitling/breitling_324.htm

it is from the recommended dealer list. It is really cheap. Now my question is: Other dealers from this list sell very similar watches for abou $300 - this one costs $80.

I would like your opininion - Is it worth to pay 300? Because if there really is a difference, I think it's better to dig deeper in the wallet, but am I right or wrong?

Mick

Lawrence is a good dealer, but all dealers sell cheapies and a lot of them are not very good watches. The one you link to does not have the correct type of movement, so the chronos will not work correctly. If you want a reasonably accurate rep that works in the same way as the real thing, you will need a watch with a 7750 movement, as I mentioned before. That is going to mean a price of $250 or more on average.

Take a look at the watches on this page (same dealer). These have a proper chrono movement, so all the subdials will work correctly and the overall quality will be much better:

http://www.houseofsouvenirs.com/breitling_bentley_swiss.htm

Luthier

That BR for $80 has no chrono, it shows day, month, etc, i.e. - it's fantasy watch.

Breitling don't make such a model.

Mick77

Hi all!

I'm dealing with Lawrence now, from houseofsouvenirs.com

I think I'm going to buy from them, the swiss Breitling for $265. I hope it does differ from the $85 ones he's offering - beacuse in the pictures they seem pretty much the same to me.

I hope the overall quality is better and not only the movement, which is a 7750.

Do you have any expirience in overall quality?

Mick

greg_r

If in doubt, ask Lawrence - he'll tell you what he thinks. However yes, the more expensive one is going to be a much better watch all round - not only will it work like the gen, but it should both feel and look much better.

JohnG

I have not but have another Breitling with that same movement - important to read up on how to change date, hand winding issues, etc... but if you treat the movement well, it is a very good one. It can be finicky though so UNDERSTAND how to use it before you start playing with it!

Mick77
I have not but have another Breitling with that same movement - important to read up on how to change date, hand winding issues, etc... but if you treat the movement well, it is a very good one. It can be finicky though so UNDERSTAND how to use it before you start playing with it!

and are you satisfied with the overall quality of the watch?

How much have you paid for it, if it's not a secret?

Mick

trailboss99

That my friend will be a very nice watch. At the price point quality will be as high as possible for a Bently.

Very sound advice from JohnG above BTW. It's very important to know the ins and outs of a 7750 (rep or gen) before playing/winding or even touching the watch.

Do we have a thread on the subject guys? If we don't, we need one.

Col.