Sign in to follow this  
MJC

My DSSD Arrived, but, need help !!!!

MJC

Hey everyone... My DSSD arrived VERY FAST from BK, but, i'm assuming there may be some sort of mix up :picard: Just to start off this thread, this is not bashing BK in any bit, just posting this up because i'm wondering which version DSSD this could possibly be, considering, this is by far not the best one on the market as promised and pictured...

My example doesn't look like the rest i've seen online, from the reviews, pic'ture's etc...

First off, even from an out of the box rep like Mary's, my bezel doesn't look up to date with the thick white numerals, and the teeth aren't 'defined' like pointed out by him in his new DSSD thread, and by others..

Next up, the bracelet feels almost hollow, very flimsy and cheap, no engraved crown on the diver's extension just a print, and the STEELINOX /Rolex etc on the clasp are smudged a little, just very poorly printed and quality, and again nothing is engraved like the other out of the box reps, let alone for this being the best one possible :/

Just wanted to know which version I could have possibly gotten, because this isn't the newer ones I have seen, last but not least, the pearl hardly illuminates and the lume isn't too bright either..

My 100 dollar PVD one from Robert looks just as good, actually even better bracelet wise with engravings and better markings and such.

A little disappointed :)

Here are some pic's, already scratches on the helium valve and side of case swirlies right out of the package, this was just delivered today!

photoxu.jpg

photo2vw.jpg

photo4jp.jpg

photo6tx.jpg

Edited by MJC

robznet

Not sure what you expected - and it's not too clear in your pics but you normally get what you pay for. In the first instance, if you are not happy - speak to your dealer 1st. If nothing can be resolved speak to an admin/moderator here! Good luck! :picard:

twall
Not sure what you expected[....]

+1.

That looks pretty damned nice. Not sure about the bezel complaint, since the pics aren't that clear. What approx. did you pay for this, to let us all know. I do see the scratch on the valve, though.

Are you sure the stuff on the clasp is printed, and not a well-done laser-etch?

MJC
Not sure what you expected - and it's not too clear in your pics but you normally get what you pay for. In the first instance, if you are not happy - speak to your dealer 1st. If nothing can be resolved speak to an admin/moderator here! Good luck! :picard:

Not sure what you expected[....]

+1.

That looks pretty damned nice. Not sure about the bezel complaint, since the pics aren't that clear. What approx. did you pay for this, to let us all know. I do see the scratch on the valve, though.

Are you sure the stuff on the clasp is printed, and not a well-done laser-etch?

Fella's my pic's aren't too clear indeed, used my iPhone 4... BUT, it get's the point across, the watch must be seen in person to really see what i'm talking about.

This thread wasn't to talk bad about my dealer, in this case BK, or to de-fame his DSSD's and himself as a person/watch dealer. He is incredible at what he does, and his communication with the customer is impeccable, especially shipping and keeping updates!

I just wanted to see if others have gotten a version that wasn't as advertised as well? I saw one newer thread in his review section with the osyter bracelet looking like mine, a little sloppy (with the marking and no engravings) ... According to all of the past reviews and picture's, it was a totally different bracelet !

Nothing is laser etched, it's printed, and definitely not well done in that regards either.. Look at the font

What did I expect? A product that I have seen a million times posted on this very forum, by people around the world...

He'll get back to me, i'm not worried.. I was just merely wondering what version I may have gotten DSSD wise, as my 100 dollar version had laser etched engravings and this very expensive piece doesn't, and this is suppose to be the best out by a land slide... So yes agree you get what you pay for, but not in this case!

I must say, the case/dial and such are all perfect, date window and font etc... It's just the bracelet that is very cheap feeling and not like the ones that use to come on the ULTIMATE DSSD's, and wasn't sure if my ceramic bezel was updated to "Trevors" insert or whatever, as in person the numerals and markers aren't that thick white again, people post up on their ultimate DSSD's!

Edited by MJC

impactX

When did you order? I ordered mine around 3 weeks ago and it just became ready.

bklm1234

The noobfactory bezel insert hasn't changed since v5 and since I initially posted the DSSD offering. It's the pics of my customers and your expectation that make you think their insert numbers are whiter and bolder than yours. All the inserts are the same with respect to the numbers.

Regarding the clasp markings, gen has dark paint. Some noobfactory DSSD clasps do come in with etching that doesn't paint. Etching without paint is however incorrect. As for as print quality, I admit it's not so nice. Earlier made clasps had better/crisper print. It has gotten worse. It's nothing I can do. The factory won't exchange the clasp just because the print isn't so nice. The print more or less the same from one to the next after all. I honestly only check whether the clasp works properly and if the locking lever has big gaps with the rest of the claps.

MJC, I'll take care of the scratches when you send back the watch.

MikeMcNair
The noobfactory bezel insert hasn't changed since v5 and since I initially posted the DSSD offering. It's the pics of my customers and your expectation that make you think their insert numbers are whiter and bolder than yours. All the inserts are the same with respect to the numbers.

Regarding the clasp markings, gen has dark paint. Some noobfactory DSSD clasps do come in with etching that doesn't paint. Etching without paint is however incorrect. As for as print quality, I admit it's not so nice. Earlier made clasps had better/crisper print. It has gotten worse. It's nothing I can do. The factory won't exchange the clasp just because the print isn't so nice. The print more or less the same from one to the next after all. I honestly only check whether the clasp works properly and if the locking lever has big gaps with the rest of the claps.

and BK, if you need some clasp parts i would gladly send them for free as the ones i have here are printed pretty well. just throwing it out there, if i can help in any way, i 'll gladly do so free of charge.

cheers, i know this will be all sorted promptly, and BK is ny far the man!!!!

opus9

it all depends on what you paid. ultimate's cost from $325 upwards.

bklm1234

@MM: very nice of you. I'll PM you to discuss how to collaborate. Awesome

bk

MJC

You are the man BK.. Thank you so much, especially for not taking this out of context and getting bent out of shape!

You are such a stand up guy, with a great reputation, and for the record to all of his new and current customers.. He makes things right! Priceless

Thanks for the info, I guess it's very hard to expect what others have, in pic's , etc.. I wasn't expecting a genuine deepsea, it's obvious.. I would be a fool! BUT, they just seemed spot on perfect until handling it in person, and well, there were indeed some flaws! But, it will all be good soon :lolcina:

and BK, if you need some clasp parts i would gladly send them for free as the ones i have here are printed pretty well. just throwing it out there, if i can help in any way, i 'll gladly do so free of charge.

cheers, i know this will be all sorted promptly, and BK is ny far the man!!!!

Wow you are extremely kind, i'm sure BK will appreciate that, as much as his customers hah...

MIKE, quick question.. Who makes the best DSSD bracelet out right now? I handled the genuine and it's buttery smooth, so nice!

I wasn't so interested in the marking, was just surprised it wasn't as what people picture from BK online...

I would like a more accurate bracelet though, and one that isn't as stiff as this one..

Let me know what you suggest, and from where to order :bounce:

it all depends on what you paid. ultimate's cost from $325 upwards.

I don't know if BK wants to discuss pricing in the forums, but I paid a grip more!

MikeMcNair

Right now, not to sound like a dick or anything, but I make the best DSSD bracelet. Sorry if that sounds pompous, I do not intend tonsound that way at all, bit if someone sends me a bracelet they want to feel gen, I modify it slightly and lubricate it with some I treating shit, and it feels more gen than you could imagine!!!

Honestly, I have come up with a little process that makes any SS bracelet feel gen, instead of rattly/gritty/unsmooth.

Glad to help if you need it.

BK, lemme know how I can help, that's what I'm here for.

Cheers

Bibicu

Hi,

After weeks and weeks of reading and browsing on dealer sites and forums i decided to buy a replica. So i said to myself to buy the best from the best. That in my opinion is BK (according to ppl he has the closest DSSD to gen the ). I just ordered today the final version of DSSD. I hope BK will check thoroughly the quality before sending it so i'll have no bad surprises like MJC with the bracelet or the scratches on the watch.

My next rep wil be Panerai PAM 253 Luminor Regatta Flyback Chronograph 1950. If anyone could point me to a dealer that has this one in the best quality (including the best movement on the market for this model) i would greatly apreciate?

Thank you guys for all the info and discussions on RWG and replicagheek. You are great!

Bibi