Sign in to follow this  
graman

SOLD - Wenge - JR Victor Rollerball - (70) Rhodium

graman

This was commissioned by a member who has decided to not proceed with the purchase.

This JR Victor has the same Rhodium-plated fittings as the others in the range, however the Wenge grain on this is quite unique...I've only come across one other like this, which is currently in the good hands of Solkry.

Now this thing has been painstakingly built...it took me about 3 hours to get it absolutely right, over about 2 and a bit days.

CA finish to high gloss - wet and dried from 1200 grit through 9 more grits to 12000 grit, then finished off with brass polish.

Ceramic rollerball - schmidt refills.

It's a lovely bit of kit, and admittedly, I'm tempted to hang on to it...but frankly, I'd rather share :)

$150usd + $14usd shipping by normal airmail. $28 for registered (however no tracking number on this).

$5aud shipping if you're in Oz.

70Wengejrvrhoderb.jpg

solkryssare

That looks very much like the one Ive got. Which I love!

graman

Yeah...kinda....this one is slightly bigger than the baron, and is a rollerball.

The Rhodium is much brighter than chrome......but the grain, is actually from the same piece of timber as yours, Solk!

greg_r

Beautiful! :)

graman

Cheers Greg! :)

Loved making this one.......every now and then you find a piece of wood that has the most magnificent, unique grain, and everything you do brings out the beauty in the timber, rather than hiding it.....just the planets line up...

...I've been fortunate to be able to make that happen, without buggering it up :(

AGL

That looks VERY nice, and so much better than this damn Mont Blanc!

graman

Guarranteed, you'll enjoy it :D