Sign in to follow this  
exec123

AP RO Jumbo

exec123

Is it just me or does the RG one look higher quality than the silver/white one?

It'll be my first rep so I hope it'll be a good one..

also, if you guys have any suggestions on "super reps" that'd be great,

thank you!

As for the AP, does it seem that the AP at 12 o clock seems more distanced on the silver one than on the RG one?

Thanks

IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_2310.jpg

Member X

Nice first choice :lolcina:

Going for ETA/clone ETA? Will have a lovely sweep!

Personally, I would go for the SS one - the RG one is likely to be plated, and plating will eventually wear off and/or look worse if you clunk it into something and scratch it.

Re: the AP logo, check the size against the squares on the dial. Both look to end two squares from the top so I think they are the same, it is just the angle the photo is taken from that is different.

As for Super Reps, check my signature :dingleberry-nemesis: Needs slight updating but keep reading the forum and you'll soon get the gist of what's hot and what's not! :bounce:

Oh, and not wishing to teach granny to suck eggs but just to make sure, don't forget that you should never mention reps or watches in any payment - it risks getting their accounts frozen and everyone losing thier money! The dealers know who's paid what, don't worry :facepalm:

mspangl

SS version got a lovely dial.. I'd pick that one

exec123

Ah thanks mspangl, I was really hoping to get the SS one, which is why I was curious if the RG one was made better.

And thanks X, i'm checking your sig out right now.

As for the AP, I was referring to the distance between the A and P, which..still may be due to the angle of the photo, I'm not sure.

And also (im a noob) but the lume markings on the RG seem to be narrower than the ones on the SS. I'm not sure though

robznet

Don't look too much different to me, but personal choice would be the SS one! :lolcina:

exec123

I'm definitely buying the SS one, but I was just curious about the things I mentioned before.

Thanks!

Luthier

How could anyone know, what mov'ts on the watches you posted?

exec123

2824-2 on the first post.

The thing is I was reading some other threads and they advertise the same movements but in actuality one is "old" and one is "new" ...thus the difference in color?

THen again, I dont know.. which is why I'm asking.

Finally- my main point is that the 2 are supposed to be the same watches but why are the colors different on the back

Luthier

"New" Swiss ETA is, actually, Sellita SW-200-1. Very good Swiss mov't.

AP logo on SS and RG watches is different, and it mean or dials came from different factories, or these watches were made on different factories.

Don't pay much attention, all replicas have flaws.

wat44

Mary told me that new swiss was ETA, Luth

exec123

so, is the SS worth getting overall?

MOVEMENT: Nickle Plated Swiss Eta 2824-2 Automatic movement, Custom Gold Plated Decorated AP insignia Rotor

CASE DIAMETER: 40.5mm, Exact Dimension As per the Genuine

THICKNESS: 9.5mm

DIAL COLOR: Black Checkered Dial, Stick Luminous Markers

CASE MATERIAL: Solid Stainless Steel 316L

BRACELET: Brushed SS Bracelet with New Design Double Deployant Insignia Clasp

FRONT GLASS: Sapphire crystal

BACK GLASS: Display Caseback with detail engraving on case rims

BEZEL: Bezel with Screws

HACK MOVEMENT: Yes

CLASP TYPE: Deployant Folding Buckle

DATE INDICATOR: At 3:00

Member X

I think you'll be happy with it if you get it - if you've not bought replicas before, especially the more expensive stuff, you probably have ideas based around the terrible tin-plate Canal Street reps that weigh as much as a packet of crisps and are about as sturdy :lol: The high end stuff is seriously well made - get it waterproofed and it should be as good as any gen watch at the price point you bought it for, if not better!

I admit the dial AP spacing is not perfect but then these reps never are, there is always something that is not perfect. If you buy it with the mindset that you are buying something beautiful that is 95% of the gen for <10% of the price, you do get a great sense of value and satisfaction :69:

And, if you hate it or get bored of it, you can always sell it on the forums for a small loss. (And a small loss is not too much to be worried about - you got to try the look of, in this case, a £10-20k watch for perhaps $100 'usage time'! :facepalm:)

Ultimately it's your call. Buying the first rep is always a nerve racking experience, full of worry about why they've not replied to your email, why it's taking so long to arrive, will it be good when it does... but it will be the same no matter what you're buying, and you're in good hands with Mary! :suicide:

Just don't forget... leave any payment references as blank - Mary knows who's paying and how much so there's no need for a reference! A reference or even a mention of a watch or model number will get a dealer's account frozen and possibly lose everyone's money - not good!!

Enjoy your purchase when it arrives and feel free to ask questions here during the buying process to ease any nerves you have! :69:

mbjoer

If you do consider the gold version, do check the back. It is not supposed to be identical to the SS version, but should have clear hallmarks.

This is often not the case, and in some bad cases (but pretty common) the gold rep even proudly states STAINLESS STEEL.