Sign in to follow this  
JohnG

RWG1: Straps - post up pics and links

JohnG

I am a GD man, through and through, subforums are for weeners, you know my thing, here is a GD thread for strap freaks too lazy to go to that lame subforum with four threads! :thumbsup:

I just saw this thing on Farquar's photobucket, decided to post up link to his album too:

http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e46/ankarax/

DSC05811.jpg

DSC05815.jpg

DSC05825.jpg

houndoggie

IMG_1293.jpg

0c7208aa.jpg

e6ee3d04.jpg

2 straps custom made to order from my favorite lesser known strap maker, Paolo18.

http://picasaweb.google.com/paolo18straps?feat=email

The Nolan Ryan strap was from a glove I purchased on ebay for less than $20

The blue one is called stonewashed leather, it looks like denim but is super soft leather.

The quality of these straps is far superior to anything else I have seen being made by a hobbyist.

JohnG
[2 straps custom made to order from my favorite lesser known strap maker, Paolo18.

http://picasaweb.google.com/paolo18straps?feat=email

The Nolan Ryan strap was from a glove I purchased on ebay for less than $20

The blue one is called stonewashed leather, it looks like denim but is super soft leather.

The quality of these straps is far superior to anything else I have seen being made by a hobbyist.

Beautiful, what are his prices like?

I will definitely check him out....

Here is my SA strap from Gorilla Straps (being remade, was a cm too short) and another he is making for me:

GetAttachment.jpg

GetAttachmentw.jpg

3126884995_8b43a4ef77_o.jpg

houndoggie

That Breitling strap is sweet with the deployant!

P18 is in the $100 ball park.

JohnG

Some really really nice stuff - what is his time frame - GS is running two months and that is a little furstrating....

I am thinking of having someone make me a copy of that Farquar - or having him make it, need to look at his work closer. Paolo looks very very high quality. That funky Farquar design, well done, with ammo leather, on a sterile-stealth dial minnie Fiddy with PVD'd movement.... whatcha think????

houndoggie

Some really really nice stuff - what is his time frame - GS is running two months and that is a little furstrating....

I am thinking of having someone make me a copy of that Farquar - or having him make it, need to look at his work closer. Paolo looks very very high quality. That funky Farquar design, well done, with ammo leather, on a sterile-stealth dial minnie Fiddy with PVD'd movement.... whatcha think????

Paolo (Paul) is very efficient, though this is a hobby for him. He will tell you about how long things takes when you email him. Never really more than a couple 3 weeks. He has some ammo stuff for sale now if you look in his album.

JohnG

Man he does sweet work - this is one he did, sterile pilot, WOW:

k%20(12).JPG

JohnG

Wow, very cool! Need to spend some serious time in that album....

Farquar is rougher but they have their charm too, gonna have to do price comparisons, decide do I want more refined or brute look - another Farquar one:

DSC04491.jpg

houndoggie

I agree, I like Serkan too. He is awesome to deal with and a really nice guy. He is the king of the rustic strap for me. Speedracerlo is my go to guy from stitchless or minimal stitch and I like Paolo18 for the polished stitched pieces.

JohnG

Paolo again:

cust21.jpg

AustinTech

Farquar is rougher but they have their charm too, gonna have to do price comparisons, decide do I want more refined or brute look - another Farquar one:

DSC04491.jpg

Love that chocolate goodness

how much do these run? approximately

houndoggie
Paolo again:

cust21.jpg

I had that watch pictured there, the Ocean 7 LM2. It was an interesting piece. It was 45mm in size because the crystal was 44mm wide and really domed. I ended up selling it because it made me dizzy looking at the dial through the fishbowl crystal.

JohnG

DSC04491.jpg

No idea - yet.

HD, what did the fishbowl set you back - love it!!!

houndoggie

DSC04491.jpg

No idea - yet.

HD, what did the fishbowl set you back - love it!!!

They can be had used in the $500-$700 range depending on if the Ti bracelet in on the watch.

JohnG
They can be had used in the $500-$700 range depending on if the Ti bracelet in on the watch.

Is there a watch out there you HAVEN'T owned?

houndoggie

Is there a watch out there you HAVEN'T owned?

I guess I have gone through a lot of watches in the past year.

greg_r

houndoggie - until I met you, I thought I had gone through a lot of watches in the last year. You make me feel better about myself. Thank you.

:)

alphakazi

it's what we need greg - someone to set the bar high and raise the standards round here :frusty:

peer pressure ftw! it still works even when you get old

houndoggie
it's what we need greg - someone to set the bar high and raise the standards round here :frusty:

peer pressure ftw! it still works even when you get old

Actually, I maybe in holding pattern soon. Nothing looks too interesting to me currently. I am still waiting for a 212 and Ultimate 088 to roll in. Also once all my watches come back from speedy, it will feel like getting new watches again. I just sent him 3 more today to spruce up.

Thought I'd add a plug to Donerix's work as well:

09dfa65b.jpg

f562374f.jpg

JohnG

Very nice.... what is the material?

Also, once I make my custom sterile stealth dial mini Fiddy with PVD movement with Paolo strap, you are going to HAVE to have one (along with everyone else).

HOMAGES BABY HOMAGES!!!!!!!!!!

houndoggie
Very nice.... what is the material?

Also, once I make my custom sterile stealth dial mini Fiddy with PVD movement with Paolo strap, you are going to HAVE to have one (along with everyone else).

HOMAGES BABY HOMAGES!!!!!!!!!!

If I didn't already have a custom (branded) flav lumed, H3 pinioned mini Fiddy come home soon, I would agree with you. A man only need one mini Fiddy. Lets call it the Thirdy.

The strap from Donerix is croc, old croc.

alphakazi
Actually, I maybe in holding pattern soon. Nothing looks too interesting to me currently.

A very familiar tune round these parts...

but never sticks :frusty:

try something different.. a breit maybe?

JohnG

just bought a strap from a member at RG - TWICE I missed this strap by minutes, literally, in TWO sale threads - latest buyer says he didn't realize it was too big for his wrist until after it was on the way...

Redsoxman sold it - I JUST missed it - to CPD C63. Then CPD needed funds urgently, sold a few straps, I saw the listing an hour after it went up, was the first to post, but seems it was already spoken for! Arrrggghhhhh!

So then I just get a pm - seems the buyer, Dante98, didn't look at the strap size when he bought it. He hasn't received it yet, but discovered after it was already on the way that it is too big (6" wrist). So he happened to be talking to RSM (original seller) who said I was interested in it. He pm'd me and I just pp'd funds, IT'S MINE BABY ALL MINE. GOING ON THE STERILE STEALH DIAL MINI FIDDY WITH PVD MOVEMENT:

DSC_0025-3.jpg

DSC_0107-4.jpg

alphakazi

aiy - I like that one... how much was it?