Sign in to follow this  
JohnG

RWG1: Straps - post up pics and links

JohnG

From Heroic:

Thanks for the enquiries , the anniversary promotion is still available so if interested , please kindly advice of the interested strap model , buckle type & paypla address then a paypal invoice will be sent for the payment , thanks a lot .

regards

caroline

Here is the free strap you get with order of over $100 (without buckle):

DSC_5106.jpg

chriszammett

if it makes any difference my heroic strap is really really nice. if you were happy with the free one, I'd be interested in splitting the cost as I really like the blue one they have!

greg_r

I'll admit I've been tempted to go to heroic for a Radiomir strap. Gonna hafta wait a while though.

chriszammett

is that heroic18 straps you're looking at?

greg_r

yup

chriszammett

ah, yes, can see the logo on the pouch

this is my heroic strap:

RIMG0002.jpg

JohnG

I don't want to split an order because the one I really want is THIS:

H18P240124.jpg

chriszammett

understandable!

greg_r

Just picked up this strap for my PVD Radiomir - the strap that it came with is superb, but I wasn't entirely sure it suited the watch (it'll end up on another watch in due course). This, on the other hand, is simply awesome...

rad_pvd_250709.JPG

It's about 5mm thick, very soft, beautifully finished and extremely comfortable. The vintage black finish really suits the watch too.

The best bit? The price. £14.95 (about $24) from an eBay UK seller called "sectime'. I'll be buying from him again.

alphakazi

I like that - Kevlar? at those prices it should be

JohnG
I like that - Kevlar? at those prices it should be

The site says, "Composite". Could ask him what that means.

Also, you could probably buy just the clasp, put it on something else...

Or you could do the Brietling modded deployant idea - but whatever you do, MAKE IT GOOD!

alphakazi

you love that Ruhla don't ya - when are you getting yours - no more penis watch for you ok? 2 penis watch = 1 ruhla sexy time

that strap is the shit though - composite is probably just like the kevlar but to avoid copyright infringement with Dupont and "Kevlar", woven synthetic threads....

I don't care if it's actually bullet proof - that's retarded - what am I going to protect myself with my watch band like a super hero - I'd need two watches so I could deflect bullets from each side :rofl:

kevlar or kevlar type bands are not good for divers to begin with - they guarantee 2 years... well, big deal, it'll start falling apart in 3 - no biggy, I don't plan on diving with it much if at all so I'll probably end up getting one if nothing else looks better

JohnG

maybe wings-off Breitling Ocean Racer deployant, bead blasted, on Kevlar? Mmmmmm..... Julia @ sinawatches got me that clasp for $35 + shipping. So you could probably do one for not too much, if some place would throw the deployant in the bead blaster with some other job....

JohnG

That reminds me, I am going to rent a sand-blaster for the house, for ONE day, to do foundation stones, old wood beams, chestnut doors, etc.... should I do a watch too? Mmmmm.....

JohnG

Cool barrell blaster!

Okay, here's something, 20 Euros - how about one of THESE Kazi? ;)

IMG_2721-1.jpg

alphakazi

;)

now I have an idea of what my straps might look like - I'll probably pass on trying now

Member X
The best bit? The price. £14.95 (about $24) from an eBay UK seller called "sectime'. I'll be buying from him again.

Awesome, nice find!

I think he will be my first port of call for new straps for my incomings - I've no doubt that the supplied straps will be a bit nasty lol

greg_r

Awesome, nice find!

I think he will be my first port of call for new straps for my incomings - I've no doubt that the supplied straps will be a bit nasty lol

Another good source for straps (albeit more expensive than sectime) is an eBay seller called Official Time. I've had some very nice straps from him recently.

Member X
Another good source for straps (albeit more expensive than sectime) is an eBay seller called Official Time. I've had some very nice straps from him recently.

ooh ooh ooh, they have stingray straps!! :beer2:

I've been looking at those, they're apparently very hardwearing :beer2: and they're different to anything else!

greg_r

ooh ooh ooh, they have stingray straps!! :beer2:

I've been looking at those, they're apparently very hardwearing :beer2: and they're different to anything else!

Yeah - I'm planning to buy one myself at some point. The snakeskin straps look good too.

Member X

I think I'll pay off the plastic bill on the incomings before I go crazy on straps... lol

Although I do need a couple of PAMs off cust_watch first... :beer2::beer2:

greg_r

Oh trust me - the straps are worse than the watches. Every time I buy a really nice watch I end up buying three straps. It's a disease.... lol