Sign in to follow this  
tekilla

Nixon Watches

tekilla

Evening,

Does anyone know if/where rep Nixon watches can be sourced? I know they're not in the same league (or even playing the same sport) as Omega, Tag etc, but they make some decent pieces which are just far too expensive.

Thanks in advance,

JB

Nixon

robznet

Never seen any reps of these watches personally, wouldn't think they would ever be repped - but you never know! :D

Edit: Never seen these watches either before today....................http://www.saswatchco.com/

Just proves you learn something new every day!

Edited by robznet

NFleischer

Sorry- could never wear a watch with Nixon logo. Reminds me too much of 'Tricky Dick'!

tekilla
Never seen any reps of these watches personally, wouldn't think they would ever be repped - but you never know! :D

Edit: Never seen these watches either before today....................http://www.saswatchco.com/

Just proves you learn something new every day!

They're not bad quality watches and as a surfer, the tide time models are especially useful. Like you say, it's maybe not the sort of brand that would get repped, however, the components are all Japanese so guess someone out there has copied them. They are totally different to the watches here though but thought I'd ask the question.

tekilla
Sorry- could never wear a watch with Nixon logo. Reminds me too much of 'Tricky Dick'!

Tricky Dick? Am I being slow here?

robznet

Tricky Dick? Am I being slow here?

Richard Nixon - 37th president of the USA - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Nixon

vonGluberschmidt

nixon rep watches is like repping a rep.

lamesauce.

they are cheap enough as it is.

trendy watches.

the end.

turnipz

They are a surfer/snowboarder watch which is why my brother likes them, but hes a dumbass so.

greg_r

Yup - very few reps around of watches in this kinda range. Same deal with Hamilton and Doxa.

Any reps you do find are likely to be unexpected - being sold on eBay as gen! :)

tekilla
nixon rep watches is like repping a rep.

lamesauce.

they are cheap enough as it is.

trendy watches.

the end.

I agree to some extent, although for me it's function over form as the tidal info is really useful and the most accurate of any watch like it. I just object to their prices based on paying for the label rather than the quality of parts inside.

In other news, I'm just about to order my first 2 reps from Mary :-)

mulder

I asked the same question months ago. The main reason most say is that they are only cheap to buy as a gen and therefore its not worth it to make a rep.

Most gen Nixon start at $100 trough to $1000.

Seen a Nixon player in two tone gunmetal grey and gold for $130 on watchismo

Cynikal.Mindset

I love my nixon rotolog walnut...$300 is what it cost and I needed to have it so whatevs

rotolog.jpg

Member X

lol

Sometimes you just gotta have something :rofl:

That one is nice, I'm liking the retroness :dingleberry-nemesis:

tekilla
I love my nixon rotolog walnut...$300 is what it cost and I needed to have it so whatevs

I love that Rotolog, good choice. I'm surprised though that at $300, someone hasn't repped Nixon. Guess the demand just isn't there.

Eiderdaus

stay serious.......why to replicate such watches, they have less value than reps...would eb the same than starting replicating cloth from H&M....

tekilla
stay serious.......why to replicate such watches, they have less value than reps...would eb the same than starting replicating cloth from H&M....

Not strictly true, check out this Nixon Ceramic Player which is £1,400.

It's horses for courses - I personally don't like most Rolex watches, yet would be more than happy with a Nixon as previously mentioned for the tidal features.

Distinct

My favourite watch of all time is a Nixon 5130 PU. It is built like a tank, huge (51 mm) and easily readable even in murky water. The strap design and material is absolutely the very best that I have ever seen and handled. Instead of a more grippy rubber like most genuines and replicas, this is a polyurethane (PU) and does not grip, stretch or collect dust. One of my favourite parts of the watch is the how the excess strap is buckled down and held down, something Bell & Ross could learn. I love the strap as much as I love the huge bank vault like casing. The crown is mounted to the left so that it does not interfere with your wrist in a paddle stroke.

It's quartz, ultra reliable, pressure tested and taken a serious beating and never fails. The watch has seen hundreds of hours of water time in fresh and salt water around the world and is still my go to watch. Has a Swiss Movement, what ever that's worth.

na058_000b.jpg

Distinct

Couple more things...

1) Do I think that this watch was inspired or influenced by U-BOAT, I absolutely believe so. I bought it because I liked some of the simpler U-BOAT watches and the left side crown but can't bring myself to pay that much for a U-BOAT.

2) This watch is extremely popular and one of Nixon's best sellers. The price was about $300 for the PU strap version and the success has enabled Nixon to come up with countless variations in colour, size function (chrono) and material (ceramic).

3) This watch beats the pants off any watch I've bought from BK, Robert, Mary or Timeshops.

4) I think that most Nixon watches are junk and like about all watches in the World are over priced.