Sign in to follow this  
Ska

Need A little help!!! UN stem release.

Ska

Hey all, I've not been on much the past couple of months due to massive work commitments. (Sam keeps telling me I should be happy but it means I don't get to come on here much at all so basically it sucks)

Anyway, I've been working slowly but steadily through all my current/outstanding jobs and this one has me stumped.

Its a UN Maxi Marine Diver (GBOGH's) with what appears to be some sort of 21j movement. But its one I've never seen before and I can't find a stem release mechanism for love nor money.

The movement was also filthy upon opening up the case.

here are some photos, any help MUCH appreciated. (this is with the rotor off by the way)

DSC_0070.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

KeNnY

Hi Ska ! WE ARE BOTH that have problem of releasing the stem of crown from this movement !!!! I had also problem with mine from BP ! Somebody please finally help.

KeNnY
in this pic, there is a hole to the right of the stem, inside that hole SHOULD be a lever you move to the side, NOT press in. its weird, but that's how the SPORTURA kinetic i am working on was.

s6302491s.jpg

I WAS SLOW, Mike was first :thumbsup2:

Ska
http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=7310

Will this help? you may have to get to it from the front

we want to remove the stem, not repair keyless :thumbsup2:

Yeah, thanks for the help but we can't even get to the front of the movement as we need to release the stem to uncase it. Looked in that hole and cant find a lever which would release it, just the click pinion.

mulder

Sorry my bad.

If you remove the plate on the left what is underneath?

KeNnY

Ska I was pressing, pushing clicking everywhere and I was able to remove the stem, but damaged some keyless in the process. It was damaged movement anyhow, but now I have new movement here, and I don't want to mess it.

Ska

me either, I might just tell GBOGH I don't want to touch this one.

KeNnY

Ska I got mine this type of new movement from Jacksontse, maybe he could help ?

MikeMcNair

guys guys guys, it is VERY easy, you see that pin in the middle of the hole? to the right of the stem with the metal disk above it.

you need to move it out of the way. best done with a TINY razor blade, and i MEAN TINY, like hobby knife, but different.

i will try to make a vid.

MikeMcNair

bad pic, look at the thingy in the hole.....

fa49acbb.jpg

send it to the side (right in the pic/vid)

here is a link to the vid i just made

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f26/mich...nt=00167cdd.mp4]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f26/michaelmcnair/main%20repair%20album/th_00167cdd.jpg

gB.

:lol:

It's a Seagull 23j power reserve movement if that helps. I can dig up the exact seagull number if needed. I'm sure they would have some specs on their website for this one if I can find the damn movement number.

KeNnY

I FOUND IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here ! You must leave the crown on winding position to see it !

leverr.jpg

I am so facepalming now that I didn't see it before !!!

mulder

Congrats Kenny

Ska

Lol yup found that last night! Took quite a leap of faith as you need significant pressure to release it. Horrible mechanism, you have to put perpendicular stress on the click lever to literally lift the pin off the stem. Awful.

Still at least I've got the bloody thing apart!!!

Congrats Kenny mate!

gB.

Yeah! You da man Chris! :P

greg_r

Well done, guys! :P

prestigewatchco

I asked my watch guy this afternoon about this I didn't realize you had solved it. He looked at me stupid and basically said it watchmaking 101 . If there is not an obvious button to press or a screw always look for what is exposed and moves when you pull the crown in and out whatever is the release will be there

Ska
Yeah! You da man Chris! :P

S'all good mate, oh and your 183 is done and probably my best work to date. Used a new combination of 2 layers of C1, C3 and a tiny bit of C7 to better replicate the slight green daylight tinge (I saw 2 gen radiomirs a few weeks ago.) Also changed my binder/thinner ratio slightly with the top layer. takes twice as long to dry but its WAY smoother. I've also re-lacquered the dial to give it the correct OEM texture.

Anyway, it turns out that its also WAY brighter. I mean SERIOUSLY bright. Note the lume shot is taken using a very fast shutter speed. No long exposure tricks going on here.

Check this beast out. She's also been cleaned polished and sealed.

DSC_0074.jpg

DSC_0071.jpg

gB.
DSC_0071.jpg

Holy muthafukin awesome lume Batman! :P

Were you able to do the CP fix on this one as well? Know it was a ?? as possible when I reserved it.

KeNnY
I asked my watch guy this afternoon about this I didn't realize you had solved it. He looked at me stupid and basically said it watchmaking 101 . If there is not an obvious button to press or a screw always look for what is exposed and moves when you pull the crown in and out whatever is the release will be there

Yes Robert, now that is why I am facepalming that I didn't see it.. now I know where to look. :P

Ska

Ditto.

Oh and GBOGH - sorry mate, didn't have a spare CP so I haven't swapped it. I can order one and do it if you do want it done.

Pics of your UN later today, just doing final reassembly.

gB.
Oh and GBOGH - sorry mate, didn't have a spare CP so I haven't swapped it. I can order one and do it if you do want it done.

PM sent. :P

Ska

Replied! :P