Sign in to follow this  
ameet

ap safari

ameet

hi i wish to buy an audermar piguet safari . i was planning to buy from trustytime.com but looks expensive. however how good is it and is it as good as a genuine.

how long does it last . i dont want a watch that comes apart in a year .

any suggestions would be welcome.

thanks

houndoggie
hi i wish to buy an audermar piguet safari . i was planning to buy from trustytime.com but looks expensive. however how good is it and is it as good as a genuine.

thanks

they are very nice watches, and yes they are expensive. I am sure are trusted dealers can get them cheaper though. Trusty is ok too. However, you chose a watch, AP ROO, that has a very fragile movement. The modifications made to make this watch more accurate to gen translated to a less reliable movement that may need servicing soon and often. For the price those things are, it isn't worth the trouble to me.

greg_r

The APs with A7750 movement and seconds subdial @ 12 are something of a timebomb. The modification required to move the seconds subdial to the 12 o'clock position adds drag to the movement and can result in reliability issues.

Personally, I'd stick to quartz or seconds@9 for the AP ROO range

By the way - it is NOT as good as a genuine. You are going to have to accept some imperfections if you get into reps - whatever the watch. I suggest you have a good read of the site before you go any further - particularly the topics pinned to the top of the New Members, General Discssion and Watch repair and reference subforums. There's a lot of details that are worth knowing about before you start handing over your money.

Also check out our forum dealers. Trusty is okay, but he can be expensive. Other dealers might suit you better.

ameet
The APs with A7750 movement and seconds subdial @ 12 are something of a timebomb. The modification required to move the seconds subdial to the 12 o'clock position adds drag to the movement and can result in reliability issues.

Personally, I'd stick to quartz or seconds@9 for the AP ROO range

By the way - it is NOT as good as a genuine. You are going to have to accept some imperfections if you get into reps - whatever the watch. I suggest you have a good read of the site before you go any further - particularly the topics pinned to the top of the New Members, General Discssion and Watch repair and reference subforums. There's a lot of details that are worth knowing about before you start handing over your money.

Also check out our forum dealers. Trusty is okay, but he can be expensive. Other dealers might suit you better.

thanks for the kind suggestion , can u suggest me a nice ap watch . and alsoa dealer which would be good?

ameet

thanks

they are very nice watches, and yes they are expensive. I am sure are trusted dealers can get them cheaper though. Trusty is ok too. However, you chose a watch, AP ROO, that has a very fragile movement. The modifications made to make this watch more accurate to gen translated to a less reliable movement that may need servicing soon and often. For the price those things are, it isn't worth the trouble to me.

thanks for the head up can u suggest me some good ap watch which u think wud be eaasy to maintain and not much of a headache . also shud i choose an automatic or a battery operated?

houndoggie

thanks

thanks for the head up can u suggest me some good ap watch which u think wud be eaasy to maintain and not much of a headache . also shud i choose an automatic or a battery operated?

The AP ROO quartz are actually very nice. Much better value than the high priced automatics. Also, the AP Royal Oak automatic (non chrono) is very nice too. Contact PrestigewatchCo or Watchinternational about them. They are listed under the trusted dealers section. Also, don't buy anything until you read all the noob guides available here.

bubbaa

If you like divers, AP diver would be a good choice. is got reliable movements and is pretty close to gen. Mary has some awesome ones in stock. Good luck hunting! :D