Sign in to follow this  
seoulbrova

Signs watch may be in need of service

seoulbrova

I just received my first rep Omega UPO and the sweep on the second hand is smooth. I also know that it was timed and tested before delivery by the trusted dealer as I received quality photos of it on the timing machine.

However, that is not to say that it was serviced. What signs would indicate that the watch needs to be serviced and/or cleaned?

I'm a bit worried about taking it in somewhere to have it be cleaned and being turned down because it is a rep.

Thanks

enzox

Live with it for a while, wear it, then put it away and let it wind down. Then pick it up again and wear it for a few days, it should be keeping good time.

Even genuine watches need a breaking in period.

MikeMcNair
Live with it for a while, wear it, then put it away and let it wind down. Then pick it up again and wear it for a few days, it should be keeping good time.

x eleventeen!

you shoud be fine otherwise

seoulbrova

x eleventeen!

you shoud be fine otherwise

I'm concerned that the threads will be "eaten" in the screw down crown if I always have to set the time when I wear it. Was thinking of using a watch winder.

schmooze

It's stainless steel. Unless you cross thread which is highly unlikely the threads won't be worn out. The reps from the trusted dealer a really good quality watches, better than some of the stuffin jewellery stores.

I jumped off my boat chasing my fishing rod with a DSSD rep and surprise, surprise it was waterproof. Until the mafia catch up with me I won't know how deep it can go before leaking, but divings OK.

I just pictured the UPO on your wrist with all the bubble wrap plastic still on it. Please tell me I'm wrong :-)

Dendo

Yeah man up mate - life is short - wear the watch and enjoy it then get it fixed or get another one.

Don't sweat all the small stuff :rolleyes:

NFleischer

You'll know when it needs service. It may not have much power reserve or may just stop

working completely.