Sign in to follow this  
hnl2pdx

Help with my 05~ish Daytona?!

hnl2pdx

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum but not new to reps. Actually, about 6 years ago I was really into them but that was back then. I haven't touched any of my reps for the past 3-4 years until 2 days ago when I was going through my safe and stumbled upon my old Daytona. I don't know much about it or the other reps I have, as there wasn't much info on them back in the day. But I remember loving this Daytona about 6 years ago. And after playing with it, I realize that I still do.

The problem I have though is that it's been sitting for so long and I think it has tarnished in the chronos. It's not from excessive use as I've only worn it less than 15-20 times and it's never seen water. It's almost in like-new condition and I'm just wondering how I can get into the watch to clean it up. Is there certain tools/techniques I'm going to need to accomplish this? Is there a tutorial that someone could link? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW I just ordered a rep Sea Dweller from Silix. I want to compare the quality of my 6 yo rep to the cheapy ones of today.

IMG_1563a.jpg

IMG_1564a.jpg

Edited by hnl2pdx

WatchMe007
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum but not new to reps. Actually, about 6 years ago I was really into them but that was back then. I haven't touched any of my reps for the past 3-4 years until 2 days ago when I was going through my safe and stumbled upon my old Daytona. I don't know much about it or the other reps I have, as there wasn't much info on them back in the day. But I remember loving this Daytona about 6 years ago. And after playing with it, I realize that I still do.

The problem I have though is that it's been sitting for so long and I think it has tarnished in the chronos. It's not from excessive use as I've only worn it less than 15-20 times and it's never seen water. It's almost in like-new condition and I'm just wondering how I can get into the watch to clean it up. Is there certain tools/techniques I'm going to need to accomplish this? Is there a tutorial that someone could link? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW I just ordered a rep Sea Dweller from Silix. I want to compare the quality of my 6 yo rep to the cheapy ones of today.

IMG_1563a.jpg

IMG_1564a.jpg

I guess it depends upon how much your time is worth, and how good you are with fairly intricate work.

You might be better off getting something new.

And investing in de-humidifying for your safe. :-) Is it a gun safe? Any rust?

Good luck, and enjoy in good health. :hss:

WatchMe007

Duplicate post. Trying to remove original pics...

hnl2pdx
Duplicate post. Trying to remove original pics...

Arrgghhh...that's what I was afraid of! I was hoping it wasn't mold/mildew or anything like that, but maybe it is. Yeah, it's a gun safe but it's in a pretty cool and dry place. Oh well...thanks for the response.