Sign in to follow this  
fe22ari

Auto Tag Monaco chrono??!!

Baldrick

Not an auto chrono at that price, original photos of Monaco, stay away !

Luthier

It could be 21j with faux chrono, it could be A7750, but I doubt it. If they still have this model in stock.

I'll ask tonight.

fe22ari
It could be 21j with faux chrono, it could be A7750, but I doubt it. If they still have this model in stock.

I'll ask tonight.

Cheers, dude.

Corv99

have you guys used this site?

why don't they list prices on site? you have to email to get prices!!

prestigewatchco

How can anyone trust these people ? They list things with wrong descriptions use gen pictures God knows what will arrive . The watch Luthier bought was not spectacularly cheap it's the old version of the Patek Nautilus that was sold by most dealers at $79 retail so $68 and taking a risk doesn't make sense .

The new version is only $79 currently time you add the high postal charges $45 EMS and pay western union fees it's actually more than a dealer here would charge

If these people given that they are in GZ were true wholesale prices Luthier should have paid closer to $35 for the patek

Corv99

it does look dodgy, lots of choice, but a lot of single weird photos, they look almost photoshopped or something

as you say what will arrive if anything!!

Baldrick

Stick with the trusted dealers, remember the old linger / longer adage;

The bitter taste of poor quality and service lingers longer than the sweet taste of a good discount :lol:

fe22ari

Damn, really want a good Monaco chrono..

fe22ari
Damn, really want a good Monaco chrono..

I may have to save for a gen...

Luthier
How can anyone trust these people ? They list things with wrong descriptions use gen pictures God knows what will arrive . The watch Luthier bought was not spectacularly cheap it's the old version of the Patek Nautilus that was sold by most dealers at $79 retail so $68 and taking a risk doesn't make sense .

The new version is only $79 currently time you add the high postal charges $45 EMS and pay western union fees it's actually more than a dealer here would charge

If these people given that they are in GZ were true wholesale prices Luthier should have paid closer to $35 for the patek

Yes, they are in GZ, and I visited their office, and bought a few great cheapies there. My friend Weyman used to work there.

I paid $25 for EMS, and it was delivered in 4 days. Yes, I know, I could buy this PP for $40-$45 on Watch Market, but never seen one.

I don't know, why their boss is so stupid and refuse to post prices and description on the site, but they're definitely not a scammers - a few people from our forum bought from them, and got a pretty nice cheapies. So, no ANY risk involved. I'm not shilling for them, I doubt I'd buy many watches from them, but for some, who's tight with money- they're pretty good choice, much better than WatchEden.

No need to ask about prices by email, they have sales girls/boys, ready to answer your questions live, from their website, you can see the list of names on the left side of the page.

prestigewatchco

yes but that still doesn't answer the question why wrong descriptions and Gen pictures

Luthier

Honestly - no idea, Robert. I've talked to boss, and he told me- "Well... we'd like our customers to talk to our sales people, establish personal contact, and then they'll come back again and again". I explained him, that it's super stupid, most of the people don't even want to go further, if they see such a crap, but... hard to change chinese mentality. Most of the pictures they shoot in their photolab, when I asked the pictures of my PP, they shot a few very good quality pictures and sent it to me.

greg_r

@fe22ari

Yup - that's a gen photo I'm pretty sure. It's that sort of thing that explains why goecwatch would never make trusted dealer status (or anything close) here - despite the fact that Luth and others have done business with them successfully. Some aspects of their site are pretty damn dodgy (actually the site has gotten worse since I last looked at it), but they're a long way from being the worst you'll find and a lot of folks have bought cheapies successfully from them (I wouldn't use them for anything upmarket).

The thing is that Luthier has been doing business with them for years and knows their foibles - he knows how to do business with them safely. However, what you have to bear in mind is that whenever you go to an offboard dealer, you're on your own. We can't help you if things go titsup (as they often do). Package goes missing and the dealer tells you to go to hell? Tough. You lose. You really need to know what you're doing - and it helps if you speak Chinese (as Luth does! :) )

At the end of the day, the simple fact is that any decent quality rep that is actually available can be obtained from one of our trusted dealers. These are people that we know get it right most of the time and we monitor their performance very carefully indeed.

It's also worth noting that some of us have been buying reps for years - in some cases since long before the rep forums were around. We've learned the hard way. There's a guy I do business with very occasionally that I know I can trade with safely - but like Luthier and goecwatch, I'd never bring him to the board as whilst he's okay for certain things, he's a bit dodgy for others.

This board is here to protect those newer to the hobby - while there's always a temptation to go out there and try to find the 'new' dealer who sells the best stuff at the best prices, the truth is that dealer (or, more correctly dealers) is already here.

Stick to the trusted dealers if you want to get the most from your dough. I know Luth will agree with me on this as he often says the same thing. :)

Luthier

Agree 100%, Greg.

powderfreak
:dingleberry-nemesis: @ Greg