Sign in to follow this  
Comex

Addiction or hobby?

Comex

Hi guys,

this being my first topic that I'm starting here;

I would like to ask you if there are more people out there with the same condition?

Or as my girlfriend says: you've got a problem!

So, I'm hoping to see some collection pics to proof that I'm not alone. (and that she is the problem :thumbsup2: )

Here I go:

dsc05328p.jpg

And these aren't all of them

Edited by Comex

chum_2000_uk

That is a really superb collection of watches there mate! Girls don't understand, just like we don't understand their hundred-strong collection of boots.

If it makes you happy, which I'm sure it does, then who is to say otherwise! Hopefully it doesn't put too much pressure on your relationship, I guess then it becomes a problem.

WebWind

Staring at your watchbox for 5 minutes and still can´t see problem! Maybe that yellow BR because it is not my stile but it is my problem :fuck:

BTW nice collection and what I know for sure, you need new watchbox and VIP membership here :fail:

AustinTech

The line between addiction and hobby usually is drawn with money. If you can afford the reps, and aren't really missing out on the other things you want to do wiht your life, then I'd say hobby. When you go to far with your money (and time is money) then it's time to step back.

Don't go down the rabbit hole. THAT should be rep rule #1. You have to remind yourself that even if the watches were real, they are still just watches. And these aren't even real, just Chinese made oddities.

chum_2000_uk
The line between addiction and hobby usually is drawn with money. If you can afford the reps, and aren't really missing out on the other things you want to do wiht your life, then I'd say hobby. When you go to far with your money (and time is money) then it's time to step back.

Don't go down the rabbit hole. THAT should be rep rule #1. You have to remind yourself that even if the watches were real, they are still just watches. And these aren't even real, just Chinese made oddities.

+1, well said!

nunu78

+11111111111

Cynikal.Mindset

Guess I'm addicted...gotta quit cold turkey again and wait for the relapse.

g.man

That's a very nice collection you've got going there Comex.

regards

g.man

Mystery Shopper

Very nice collection & you are not alone! Check out the 'my collection section'. Here are some of mine.

SAM_1047.jpg

Pepp

Great collection. Where did you pick up your Watch Case with the winders from?

NFleischer

DSC00196-1.jpg

Nice collection there mate. I think most of us are 'hooked' to some extent.

I am- about 60 reps and 20 something gens and still going- ouch. Here's part of the rep collection from a few years ago, more have come.

Comex

It's a Rothenschild watchwinder. Available on the web.

Got mine from a local e-bay-kind of site.

Crimosoft

@Pepp, if you're in EU you may want to have a look at this too : ODP Winder. Okay it is in German but Chrome browser would help you there, no prob.

fe22ari

I can quit any time I want to.