Sign in to follow this  
debian

How to apply AP strap to watch

debian

Hi,

I ordered a strap and I want to change from bracelet to the strap.

I got the for little things to fasten on watch... but I don't know how I'm suppose to attach the metal things to the strap...

I got 4 little screw that I guess should be screw on side of strap in to the little metal things, but the screws can not be screwed in.....

Am I this stupid or is this the wrong type of screws?

ap-strap.jpg

Silverspeed

Those are the endlinks that came with the watch?....or are they supplied with the strap?

Putting straps on an AP ROO can be a real bitch....take your time

NFleischer
Those are the endlinks that came with the watch?....or are they supplied with the strap?

Putting straps on an AP ROO can be a real bitch....take your time

+!

Even the AD had a hard time with my gen rubber strap and those little screws and end pieces.

Silverspeed

It usually takes a lot of trial and error to allign the endlinks to make the srcew fit....if you have a thin pin pusher it might help to get it alligned

debian

The endlinks are supplied with the strap.. also the screws to attach the endlinks with strap... but I suspect that the screws are wrong... the can not be screwed in to the endlinks....

Silverspeed

Have you tried switching the screws and endlinks....I know it sounds daft, but it has worked for me at times

debian

I'll try that tomorrow... now I need some sleep :)

debian

The screws are the same as the screws that goes in to case, where you attach the endlinks to the case.

I don't think the screws that attach the endlinks to the strap should be the same as the screws that attach the endlinks to the case?

Is this right or am I wrong and have really bad skillz in screwing a screw.

midasmook

The screws that attach the end pieces to the watch are totally different to the screws that attach the end pieces to the strap. If they are all the same then that is wrong.

The process of changing AP straps can be infuriating but take your time and you should get there.