Sign in to follow this  
fletch1971

PAM286J from Timeshop.net

fletch1971

I got a knock on the door this morning from a man waving this small box around. You beauty, it's here, I thought. I ordered this from Timeshop.net on the 3rd August and it was at my front door the morning of the 16th. I have wanted a PAM for some time now and thanks to this site I now have one. :dingleberry-nemesis: A lovely 286J. Since my first transaction has been a major success, I will be putting my hard earned up and becoming a VIP supporter. Thanks!!! I just love the look of the look of this watch and I must say the quality has well exceeded my expectations of a rep. It shits all over anything I have ever purchased on trips through Asia. :dingleberry-nemesis:

Any way, I now look forward to many more purchases in the future. :drool:

Pics below.

IMG_2881.jpgIMG_2886.jpg

IMG_2889.jpgIMG_2893.jpg

IMG_2900.jpg_MG_2904.jpg

_MG_2908.jpg_MG_2909.jpg

_MG_2917.jpg_MG_2920.jpg

_MG_2926.jpg

crewldude

Great looking watch...enjoy!

mondeov6

Great looking watch!! :drool: Congrats!

Crimosoft

Very nice pics and watch... I'll probably turn to a PAM someday finally :D

bubbaa

Great choice! got the same watch from same dealer and love it. :D

nunu78

Congrats, Mate.Enjoy it.

PGL

Wow, looks great with the brown strap. I have always seen it with a black strap and now with this other looks stunning! Congrats!

Luthier

Is there one seconds hand or two?

fletch1971

There is the seconds sub dial at 9 as well as the big hand for the chrono.

fletch1971
Congrats, Mate.Enjoy it.

Thanks nunu and well done on your win.

part_timer

Beautiful! :lol:

What's the pusher on the left for?

Del

Really nice - congrats! :lol:

dingle
What's the pusher on the left for?

looks.

:lol:

fe22ari

That looks really good. Was never a fan of PAMs but PAM reps are a lot of watch for the money it seems. Love the strap too. Congrats, Dude.

You now need to buy an IWC or Vacheron, just for balance of course.

LeandroBR

Congrats Fletch ! Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine !! By the way, besides the calf tan strap I also purchased the calf walnut option and it looks even better. :dingleberry-nemesis:

Luthier

Fletch, gen. Rattrapante has 2 big seconds hands, one for regular run, and it's blue, second one, white, for measuring 1/100ths of the second, using pusher on 8. I saw the rep. with 2 seconds hands, blue and white, that's why I'm asking. Subdial on 9 is running seconds, ofcourse. I asked about chrono.

Relayman

Very good pics, thanks for taking the time.

:dingleberry-nemesis:

robznet

Beautiful piece mate - thanks for the pics! :dingleberry-nemesis:

TVick

That is an absolute BEAUTY! :dingleberry-nemesis:

nunu78

Yes it is but ill prefer 253 any day just coz 253 is more like a gen,no faux pusher or anything.But its just me.Enjoy it often,wear it with pride.

stewzzy

very very nice. strap is a nice contrast. the more of these PAM's i see the more i want one on my wrist!!!!!!!!!!!!!

houndoggie

Fletch, gen. Rattrapante has 2 big seconds hands, one for regular run, and it's blue, second one, white, for measuring 1/100ths of the second, using pusher on 8. I saw the rep. with 2 seconds hands, blue and white, that's why I'm asking. Subdial on 9 is running seconds, ofcourse. I asked about chrono.

Correct in that the ratty panty has two central chrono hands.. The function is not to time to 1/100 seconds. The rattrapante is a split second chrono, meaning that you can time intermediate events while also timing the total duration of the event. For examples, split times for a swimming race or lap times in a car race while also timing the event in total. Panerai also makes the PAM 246, a special, and so beautiful, split second radiomir chrono that has a specific subdial that reads the 1/8 second.

TAG Heuer makes the Mikrograph which does 1/100 seconds mechanically...the thing is crazy to see.

They also make the mikrotimer....an insanely fast 1/1000 second chrono...google the video to see this bad boy in action.

fletch1971

Thanks for all the kind words.

I was fully aware that the push button at 8 is a faux but I really just liked the watch. Add to that I don't swim competitively or race cars so I really don't think I will ever have the need to use it.

I doubt wether any of my friends know what a Panerai is, let alone know that it should have two second hands and I would be very shocked if someone I didn't know came up to me and asked if they could check wether it's real or not. :P

Anyway, I'm enjoying wearing it and it's still working :dingleberry-nemesis:

Luthier
very very nice. strap is a nice contrast. the more of these PAM's i see the more i want one on my wrist!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Resist must you...

:dingleberry-nemesis:

fletch1971

Hey Luthier;

I actually didn't realise this before buying this watch, but do you or anyone else for that matter know why they wouldn't put the other second hand on the reps?

Trying to learn