Sign in to follow this  
Balad1

PWC Auction's New Feature

Balad1

I don't know if you've noticed but on Robert's latest auction listing he has included a specific price that he will accept via the buy it now feature. This is a vast improvement and takes all the guess work out of making an offer. Additionally the pricing looks damn good to me.

From what I understand this feature works until someone meets the reserve via the normal bidding process.

Examples:

Royal Oak PVD ($79) http://www.auctionpwc.com/auction_details....ction_id=102189

27.jpg

Breitling World Timer ($69) http://www.auctionpwc.com/auction_details....ction_id=102192

109.jpg

Tag F-1 ($59) http://www.auctionpwc.com/auction_details....ction_id=102194

116.jpg

Rolex Submariner ($59) http://www.auctionpwc.com/auction_details....ction_id=102205

677.jpg

Greenhat

That Tag looks good

databar

like the AP/

Corv99

this feature is a disaster!!! well for my bank anyway

vexorg

not sure about the new "feature" some of the prices are lower than i would offer and some are higher. I wonder if he would accept lower offers on some of these?

Balad1

I was thinking that I was just creating more competition for myself posting this new feature but you guys are my Bros so I "gots" to do the right thing, lol.

Balad1
not sure about the new "feature" some of the prices are lower than i would offer and some are higher. I wonder if he would accept lower offers on some of these?

Some of the higher "buy it now" are popular Pams and are still well priced. If you don't want to pay that much I would just bid via the normal process; keeping in mind he is not enforcing the reserve.

vexorg

thats what i've been doing. making an offer then putting a bid on it.

prestigewatchco

Yes the no reserve feature is still the same

You can bid and if you are top bidder you win only exception to this is if there is a higher offer pending acceptance

I try to clear the offers as soon as I can but if someone makes an offer some minutes before the end chances are I don't see it before I go to assign the winner.

Buy it now is something I have been asked to do you don't have to use the feature you can use the auction as you have been doing.

Advantage of using the buy it now is that you know exactly how much you are paying to own it.

Many times there are bids and offers far above what would have successfully won the item.

If i catch this I usually tell the bidder as much but with the auction getting so busy this is not always possible.

Balad1

Thank you for your honesty Robert.

I know that on 1 of the reps I placed a "Buy it Now" offer on, you told me I offered too much and you lowered the price that I paid

That's 1st Class in my book.

Corv99
Yes the no reserve feature is still the same

You can bid and if you are top bidder you win only exception to this is if there is a higher offer pending acceptance

I try to clear the offers as soon as I can but if someone makes an offer some minutes before the end chances are I don't see it before I go to assign the winner.

Buy it now is something I have been asked to do you don't have to use the feature you can use the auction as you have been doing.

Advantage of using the buy it now is that you know exactly how much you are paying to own it.

Many times there are bids and offers far above what would have successfully won the item.

If i catch this I usually tell the bidder as much but with the auction getting so busy this is not always possible.

I like it :dingleberry-nemesis: