Sign in to follow this  
twall

Question about shipping

twall

I am in the US. Should I experience a siezure, what should I do? Am I in deep shit? Hasn't happened yet, but you never know. I only order one watch at a time, and usually only one a month (or longer)

Do they send you a letter, or a $20,000 surcharge when you pick up the item? I have tried reading up on it, but the legal talk is mind-mushing. I understand you can legally import one counterfiet good to the US a month, but it must be on your person while you're crossing the border. I don't know how it works as far as shipping.

I'm pretty sure having it shipped in is illegal. I just don't know HOW illegal.......

But, the lawyer was talking about handbags and pens.

Akira

You need to search the board, there are plenty of threads about this topic.

It all depends where you are located and what your customs airport is.

I here some are good some are bad.

Also depending on wheight and size of the parcel.

pollux1
You need to search the board, there are plenty of threads about this topic.

It all depends where you are located and what your customs airport is.

I here some are good some are bad.

Also depending on wheight and size of the parcel.

+1 with everything Akira has written. :lol:

greg_r

Well, there's the black helicopters. And the ninjas. And the medical procedures.

Then you get sent to Guantanamo.

:dingleberry-nemesis:

:yoda:

Waipio Jeff

I recently received one of the dreaded letters. My plan is just to ignore it and do nothing as my dealer has already sent a replacement that has arrived safely.

gottahaverolex

Never personally had one single problem on the east coast . West coast seems to be where most get seized.

prestigewatchco

if they don't land at DFW or Miami you are pretty safe with EMS or Air mail. Courier is an all together different story though

twall

DING!!

Thanks, dingle. That's what I was after. The search funtion on this forum is about as useful as an asian tracking number. :lol:

Greg: What, no rebar and nightsticks? Maybe a sniff of teargas? I was expecting more there. :vomit:

Robert: I'd heard Miami is a bitch, and NY is the easiest. Since I live in NY, it would stand to reason I would get my shit through NY. HOWEVER, this IS the USA, and the USPS we're talking about here.

Luthier
Never personally had one single problem on the east coast . West coast seems to be where most get seized.

O'Relly...?

I'm on West Coast, bought from Robert (Thailand), Mary (China), Lawrence (Malaysia), dozens of watches, not even one problem.

Once Custom held my watch for a month, I already got the replacement, then they released the first one. Most of the packages were opened by Custom, and they let it go. And... no, it's not legal to import even one counterfeit in US during a month, or week or year. Just they don't care, unless it's in big quantities and it's visible, that it's for resale.

dingle
DING!!

Thanks, dingle. That's what I was after. The search funtion on this forum is about as useful as an asian tracking number. :lol:

Greg: What, no rebar and nightsticks? Maybe a sniff of teargas? I was expecting more there. :vomit:

Robert: I'd heard Miami is a bitch, and NY is the easiest. Since I live in NY, it would stand to reason I would get my shit through NY. HOWEVER, this IS the USA, and the USPS we're talking about here.

New York is safe. I have all my reps shipped there now. :cry:

houndoggie

Chicago is the easiest and quickest.

NYC is safe, but things can stew in customs for awhile.

twall

NO, I SAY NYC IS THE BEST, MIDWESTERNER!

JK. :lol:

Although it will sit for a month, it'll get through. I have bought a lot of shit from China (just nothing like a rep) and it takes forever, but it always arrives. I'm just waiting for the one time in a million they wake up. My luck, it'll be me.

houndoggie

Although it will sit for a month, it'll get through. I have bought a lot of shit from China and it takes forever, but it always arrives. I'm just waiting for the one time in a million they wake up. My luck, it'll be me.

typical new yorker!

Things clear customs in Chicago in less than a day always, usually in a few hours, even had one take 2 minutes.

twall

Although it will sit for a month, it'll get through. I have bought a lot of shit from China and it takes forever, but it always arrives. I'm just waiting for the one time in a million they wake up. My luck, it'll be me.

typical new yorker!

Things clear customs in Chicago in less than a day always, usually in a few hours, even had one take 2 minutes.

Obama might have something to do with that.........

I always give a month for my shit to get through NYC... But, like I said, I just wondered what to do if ever they caught me. :vomit:

Caliper
I am in the US. Should I experience a siezure, what should I do? Am I in deep shit? Hasn't happened yet, but you never know.

Go to the hospital and get a CT scan of your head. :yoda: :lol: