Sign in to follow this  
exec123

AP RO Jumbo

exec123

I asked Mary to send me pics of the AP RO jumbo and she sent 3 sets- all through seperate emails

She sent the first set of SS/white dial and I thought the AP on the dial looked funny..

Then she sent the RG version and the dial looked really good

and finally she sent me the last set of SS/White dial that looks perfect (to my inexperienced eyes)

My questions are... how good do they look / with all the dials looking different...will my watch look like they in the last set if i asked for SS/Black dial?

she assured me they are from the same factory- ..so why would she send me different pics?

Also...whats up with the gold plated movement?

Thanks

dXrrc.jpg

Vm7Qd.jpg

tWSp3.jpg

PM6oR.jpg

6iehr.jpg

uCpyy.jpg

JH5oz.jpg

hBG6q.jpg

oqMff.jpg

Vy9Bv.jpg

2MzW6.jpg

JSWIG.jpg

pOiEg.jpg

RvR1l.jpg

DeB7k.jpg

The last set

oTi8C.jpg

gBy4G.jpg

XtGUq.jpg

73oxC.jpg

pLZYu.jpg

ShaN3.jpg

kr7Xd.jpg

ZIseQ.jpg

KeNnY

Please how much is this watch ??

I LIKE IT !! :lol:

ZIseQ.jpg

houndoggie

Stainless

Luthier

+1.

Silverspeed

I prefer a black dial...so I guess it would have to be the, slightly tacky, RG version....but only 'cause I like black dials :lol:

houndoggie
I prefer a black dial...so I guess it would have to be the, slightly tacky, RG version....but only 'cause I like black dials :lol:

suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure.

solkryssare

Looks good to me. And yes, the Black dial SS one :lol:

Silverspeed

Hang on....

Be sure to get the dial as on the last pic, the first ones have the incorrect smaller AP logo

it should be like one on the white dial

Member X

SS for me, and I'd be tempted with the white dial over the black - black can look a bit subdued but the white really stands out :lol:

exec123

would the white stand out too much? My natural instinct is to go for the black, but ive never actually considered a white dial..how would it look? i want to wear it casually and i wear a lot of dark (dark blue, black, dark red) shirts / dress shirts.. so how would the white dial match up with those?

dingle
would the white stand out too much? My natural instinct is to go for the black, but ive never actually considered a white dial..how would it look? i want to wear it casually and i wear a lot of dark (dark blue, black, dark red) shirts / dress shirts.. so how would the white dial match up with those?

what not to wear

Member X

Black shirts? Are you a pimp/gangster? ;) :P lol :D

But seriously, if you don't wear a lot of light stuff then black may be better. I like white/silver dial watches in summer with a nice coloured stripe/check on white background shirt, or some summery colour polo/t-shirts, and they're nice as evening wear also, but black is classic and goes with most things, and is a better match for dark shirts IMO. :D

exec123
Black shirts? Are you a pimp/gangster? ;):rofl: lol :(

But seriously, if you don't wear a lot of light stuff then black may be better. I like white/silver dial watches in summer with a nice coloured stripe/check on white background shirt, or some summery colour polo/t-shirts, and they're nice as evening wear also, but black is classic and goes with most things, and is a better match for dark shirts IMO. :facepalm:

Haha no. Im not a gangster. I only have 2 black shirts but I wear them with grey khakis. I'm in the business school so i have to dress up a lot and I dont have any bright colors actually.

I only have black, maroon, dark green, red and navy polos haha. with the exception of 1 yelllow one.

Member X

lol

I pretty much wear blues and natural colours like browns etc so I guess we all have our own comfortable colour range! :D

solkryssare

Nothing wrong with wearing lots of black :D

Member X

haha

Just because you live in black slacks and black polo necks while wearing dark, retro glasses... :) :)

exec123

Been thinking about this for awhile..I might change my decision to white

Pob

Do that :) it is the best one!

exec123

Can anyone tell if the markings on the last one are correct?

The RG one looks good, cant tell on the last white one tho

Member X

Markings? As on the caseback?

I don't imagine you'll be taking it off to show people so I don't usually worry too much about the back ;) ;)

exec123

Errr.. I meant the uhh....tick marks on the dial.

I'm noob :/

Member X

Ohhhh, the indices and minute markers?

I've no idea, I'm afraid, you will have to dig out a gen pic to compare! lol

Either way, this is probably the best out there so it's a take it or leave it choice - I seriously doubt you would be disappointed with the quality if you do get it, and I wouldn't worry about if it's 100% identical to the gen because you're unlikely to meet anyone who has the same watch in the gen or is a complete Watch Idiot Savant (WIS) who knows all the model range in great detail! :)

honeybear

This is a photo of the AP Royal Oak 15300, which is the current model that the replicas are supposed to mimic. The AP RO Jumbo didn't have a second hand.

The larger AP logo is more accurate (should be 3 small squares high), but the gap between the A and P is too large. Look also at the differences in the deployant clasp, in particular, the size of the AP logo on the clasp.

Audemars-Piguet-Royal-Oak-15300-FrankA-1.jpg

Edited by honeybear