Sign in to follow this  
Luthier

Banda Straps.

Luthier

Bought today, $9 each.

Not bad for the dough.

Again, if somebody wants Chopard rubber band with tyre pattern for free - PM me.

Banda.jpg

houndoggie

Looks Good.. $9 is a great deal!!

KBH

Luthier,

I just sold a Chopard to a guy on RWI and he was looking for a rubber strap. a real nice guy. His screen name is IXXI. I you would be so kind as to hold this for a while, I just pm'd him and let him know about this thread.

Thanks,

Barry

Luthier
Luthier,

I just sold a Chopard to a guy on RWI and he was looking for a rubber strap. a real nice guy. His screen name is IXXI. I you would be so kind as to hold this for a while, I just pm'd him and let him know about this thread.

Thanks,

Barry

No problema, Mr. Goldwater!.

You should recruit him to our forum.

alphakazi

they look great at that price Luth - you order them through banda.com ?

Luthier

No.

My watchsmith took me to downtown, to watch parts stores. Amazing things there!!!

One of the stores sells straps and bracelets only.

So, I asked for XXL and got it. $9 each. 2 blacks and one honey color.

There's guys cut any crystals, can find any part for any, even 50 y/old watch.

I had great time today.

My watchsmith do a lot of repairs, so, he go there twice a week, to buy parts, and today he took me with him.

alphakazi

No.

My watchsmith took me to downtown, to watch parts stores. Amazing things there!!!

One of the stores sells straps and bracelets only.

So, I asked for XXL and got it. $9 each. 2 blacks and one honey color.

There's guys cut any crystals, can find any part for any, even 50 y/old watch.

I had great time today.

My watchsmith do a lot of repairs, so, he go there twice a week, to buy parts, and today he took me with him.

ah coolness - I have the exact same wholesaler biz I visit here, they must have more than 100 different movements, 1000 different crowns, bezels, etc. they cut the crystals there too - it's only for watch biz but I fixed his computer once upon a time and he feels indebted to me I guess and let's me buy cash under the table in 1's and 2's quantity - very nice Indian fellow and his family - I've been meaning to take a trip there - maybe tomorrow. Only prob is he doesn't carry many straps - he has maybe 50+ styles between steel, leather and rubber but... nothing high end - I told him to get some better straps, now I see he has gen croc.. gona go check it out

Luthier

Here all watch parts store belong to armenian people. My watchsmith is also armenian, 77 y/old, used to work for Accutron Bulova for 30 years.

I saw fantastic Daytona dial today - gorgeous mother of pearl, with "diamonds", all proper signs, word Daytone in red, black circles around subdials... just drop dead gorgeous!!!

And I thought- Ah, if AllergyDoc could see it...

:)

Asked for price - damn, $300. But it's really great quality.

alphakazi
Here all watch parts store belong to armenian people. My watchsmith is also armenian, 77 y/old, used to work for Accutron Bulova for 30 years.

I saw fantastic Daytona dial today - gorgeous mother of pearl, with "diamonds", all proper signs, word Daytone in red, black circles around subdials... just drop dead gorgeous!!!

And I thought- Ah, if AllergyDoc could see it...

:)

Asked for price - damn, $300. But it's really great quality.

$300 for a dial? hey, if you're madly in love with your watch, why the hell not... when I met my gf, I blew that on bubbly before dinner - now a days - I prefer a good rep and a $20 bottle of red :)

if you don't go crazy on your watch, you can never lose $$ - good reps are a SOLID investment :boobies: and good for resale as good ole davie knows

Luthier

The only 2 things stopped me to buy this dial.

1. I don't have Tona yet.

2. I don't like fake diamonds, and diamonds on watches in general. It's for girls.

alphakazi

2. I don't like fake diamonds, and diamonds on watches in general. It's for girls.

fake? @ $300? I'd think they should be real. Small diamonds are quite cheap (for stuff in the "I1-3" range) and I agree they are not suited well for men - for good ole Elton John, sure

Luthier

fake? @ $300? I'd think they should be real. Small diamonds are quite cheap (for stuff in the "I1-3" range) and I agree they are not suited well for men - for good ole Elton John, sure

I asked. He said it's cubic zirconia.

alphakazi

I asked. He said it's cubic zirconia.

best choice - you can't tell them apart, in fact CZ have no inclusions and more fire - it's not as hard but who cares if it's under a crystal

I consider them a very respectable gemstone even though many consider them cheapy fakes :) WE LIKE cheapy fakes

Luthier

I had genuine DayJust with diamonds, it was so flashy!!! Little turn of the wrist - and colorful rays just spreading around.

CZ would never make same effect.

alphakazi
I had genuine DayJust with diamonds, it was so flashy!!! Little turn of the wrist - and colorful rays just spreading around.

sure it would :) recently on 20/20, they took a high intensity CZ and a perfect $50,000,000 diamond to the Diamond District in new york. An expert scrutinized them both and after awhile, he confidently says "BOTH stones are counterfeit!" :)

you can use a large CZ on your ring and no one would ever call you out - kinda like bringing a good rep to the AD and them not knowing any better - I'm not saying there is no difference but 6 or 7 point gems under a watch crystal? - how could anyone tell - even a jeweler

Luthier

sure it would :) recently on 20/20, they took a high intensity CZ and a perfect $50,000,000 diamond to the Diamond District in new york. An expert scrutinized them both and after awhile, he confidently says "BOTH stones are counterfeit!" :)

you can use a large CZ on your ring and no one would ever call you out - kinda like bringing a good rep to the AD and them not knowing any better - I'm not saying there is no difference but 6 or 7 point gems under a watch crystal? - how could anyone tell - even a jeweler

Alpha, I had both. Real diamonds and CZ next to each other. Trust me - difference is very visible.

Anyway... best CZ will never go to chinese replicas.

alphakazi

sure it would :boobies: recently on 20/20, they took a high intensity CZ and a perfect $50,000,000 diamond to the Diamond District in new york. An expert scrutinized them both and after awhile, he confidently says "BOTH stones are counterfeit!" :)

Alpha, I had both. Real diamonds and CZ next to each other. Trust me - difference is very visible.

Anyway... best CZ will never go to chinese replicas.

why wouldn't they, they are so cheap :) ok, forget that - I can't tell you how many times I've been down this road. Everyone has their personal views on these things - for me, I know I gota get my gf a real diamond - was considering a Yuhudea, which is taking a poor I3 and making it into a SI1 by drilling micro holes into it and remove the inclusion and filling it with a special polymer - still a real diamond but..... hmmm, not going to go over too well :boobies: I have to get her a 1.5 with decent specs. this one is interesting :

Luthier

You better pop up the question, man.

:) :) :boobies:

alphakazi
You better pop up the question, man.

:):boobies: :boobies:

yea tell me about it :) thanks for the pressure there luth

pollux1

Lovely looking straps Luthier, how do they "feel" when worn?