robznet

New Movement?

robznet

Hi guys, just inherited a seadweller case and bracelet from a friend. The movement had died and been binned so I claimed it! It was one of the "cheapies" from Silix btw. Question is - does anyone know where I could get hold of a replacement movement, dial and hands to fit this case - oh... and stem and crown to suit also. I have looked at Ofrei and Cousins but with my limited knowlege I am confused by ligne sizes etc. I have uncased movements before so ideally I would like a complete movement (ie with dial and hands already fitted) so I can just pop it in myself!

Any pointers would be very much appreciated - thanks! :D

chum_2000_uk

Maybe Mary might be worth a shout?

robznet

Just waiting for a reply from Michelle at Silix, if no joy with her I will speak to Mary - cheers!

Cajun72

Just waiting for a reply from Michelle at Silix, if no joy with her I will speak to Mary - cheers!

A chinese DG 2813 movement--Ligne size 11.5, height 5.45, hand sizes 1.00/1.50/.17, functions: Date, hour, minute, sweep--$21.50 USD

A miyota-japan-8215 movement--11 1/2 ligne, 5.67 mm thick, automatic with date at 3. Hands sizes are 100/165/17--$42.50 USD

Pick the hands you want and your good to go

rober100

As far as I know, chinese factories are quite reluctant to sell rep dials and hands alone. If you find any seller, please let us know. Yuki has rep dials and hands but at a price.

Akira

I have a spare DG2813 21J

Never used from CousinsUK. I ordered it by mistake.

PM me if it's something you might need.

Also for Rolexhands to fit the DG movement there is a seller on Ebay.

I dealt with him before

For a dial, just check the sales threads on RG and RWG2

prestigewatchco

Put it back in the bin and buy a new one the cost of the parts you need will almost certainly come close to the price of a complete new watch

Pob
Put it back in the bin and buy a new one the cost of the parts you need will almost certainly come close to the price of a complete new watch

+ 1000

robznet

Was thinking just that Robert, had a look around for all the bits I need and it's just not worth it! Anyway - at least I now have a spare bracelet, case etc. Thanks for all the replies guys - it's appreciated. ;)

robznet
I have a spare DG2813 21J

Never used from CousinsUK. I ordered it by mistake.

PM me if it's something you might need.

Also for Rolexhands to fit the DG movement there is a seller on Ebay.

I dealt with him before

For a dial, just check the sales threads on RG and RWG2

Akira - sorry mate didn't read your post properly, I was just scanning through as per usual. I have decided not to try repairs on this watch now - it's a bit of a lost cause, but I'm sure a friend of mine was also looking for a DG 2813, what would you want for it? PM me if you don't want to post prices on the forum! Cheers mate! ;)