Sign in to follow this  
FatherTime

Finally a HI!

FatherTime

Well, this is my first post!

Hi everyone.......I have been silently reading for a few weeks now. This forum is a great source of information so thank you all for your knowledge! You helped me decide on a PAM 253 from Mary for my first purchase. It was as painless as everyone said!

.........you also have turned me into a watch nut and my girlfriend gives me squirrelly eyes about always reading this forum! I know more about watches in a few weeks then I EVER thought I would know. :D

Luthier

Welcome to your girlfriend's worst nightmare, FT!!!

One advice - buy her a nice replica, Mary has plenty, and then...maybe... she'll understand your new addiction. Tell her - Honey, it's better, than spending money on wine and hookers, right?

:D

PAM 253 is one of the best PAMs, and Mary is the great choice, you're on the right way, mate!!!

Congratulations!!!

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse :D

houndoggie

253 is a great start. Excellent first choice.

Del

Hello and welcome! :D

As the others have said, that's a superb watch for your first rep - enjoy!

myaz

What Luthier said!!!

FatherTime

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

Luthier - as far as your girlfriend advice....I've been LOOKING for her a watch, but I'm a little stumped. I'm trying to identify a quality (at least as good as my PAM 253) piece, around 38mm size, not too blingy and not a fantasy watch. (She really likes my PAM although she didn't get it at first from the pictures :D ) I see a lot of the ladies pics here are wearing the bigger watches, but I don't think my girl wants that.

I could sure use some examples of big hits with your ladies!

-Russ

houndoggie

Luthier - as far as your girlfriend advice....I've been LOOKING for her a watch, but I'm a little stumped. I'm trying to identify a quality (at least as good as my PAM 253) piece, around 38mm size, not too blingy and not a fantasy watch. (She really likes my PAM although she didn't get it at first from the pictures :D ) I see a lot of the ladies pics here are wearing the bigger watches, but I don't think my girl wants that.

-Russ

The Chanel J12 ceramic is a great rep and it comes in a mid size, I believe. Very good quality.

Nisv

Hi FT, welcome :D

robznet

Welcome to RWG! :D

mspangl

Hello and Welcome to RWG..

Indeed the 253 is a great choice !

Balad1

Aloha from Hawaii!

Luthier

-Russ

Few examples, Russ.

1. 40mm PAM from Mary (blue dial, chrono) looks not too big even on my g/f's tiny wrist.

016d.jpg

P1020632.jpg

2. This Cartier is just a stunner.

02-39.jpg

01-30.jpg

3. This one is just a classic watch. Mid-size, not too flashy, and very "Lady's" watch.

DSCF0137.jpg

DSCF0128.jpg

DSCF0125.jpg

WebWind
Well, this is my first post!

Hi everyone.......I have been silently reading for a few weeks now. This forum is a great source of information so thank you all for your knowledge! You helped me decide on a PAM 253 from Mary for my first purchase. It was as painless as everyone said!

.........you also have turned me into a watch nut and my girlfriend gives me squirrelly eyes about always reading this forum! I know more about watches in a few weeks then I EVER thought I would know. :D

Great choice of watch and dealer!

Welcome to RWG :clap:

FatherTime

Luthier - Great examples, thanks for taking the time to post some pics! I like the PAM your g/f has? What model is that one? My g/f seems to be leaning towards a white one like the PAM 049 seen here....

http://www.paneraisource.com/watch_details...mporary_20.html

I haven't reached out to any of the local dealers yet to see if a rep is available. Does anyone know if I can get a higher quality rep of this?

thanks in advance!

myaz

The few watches in high demand will have more than 1 version, sometimes even multiples if you include frankens.

However, most others are single version.

Suggestion would be to send a photo to one of the dealers that is willing to do the legwork for you such as Mary(WatchInternational), Lay(ReplicaMake) or

Marvellous Replicas. They will tell you if the rep exists.

The quality thing is a lot like this: these reps look incredibly good and they work as well as gens if they have quartz movements. However, ladies' models with a lot of blingy diamonds cannot be expected to look like the real thing. Fortunately, that's not what you picked.

That leaves mechanical movements. That's where this forum shines. Do the research and if the version of the watch you want has, for instance, a 21J or 7750, you decide whether you want to pass on it or not.

Since you've been reading this forum for a while, I hope this still helps.

Luthier
Luthier - Great examples, thanks for taking the time to post some pics! I like the PAM your g/f has? What model is that one? My g/f seems to be leaning towards a white one like the PAM 049 seen here....

http://www.paneraisource.com/watch_details...mporary_20.html

I haven't reached out to any of the local dealers yet to see if a rep is available. Does anyone know if I can get a higher quality rep of this?

thanks in advance!

Russ, 049 is a nice watch, but for a lady I'd buy something just a little bit more fancy - blue dial... chrono... it's a jewelry item to lady, not just a watch. My g/f's PAM is 168 model, and she got tons of compliments. Very close to gen., by the way.