Sign in to follow this  
mulder

Computer Maintenance Department

mulder

I know this isnt watch related but the latest phone scam in Australia is to be rung up at home and the "Indian" on the other end of the phone said that your computer is sending error messages onto the Internet and for you to go to the web site they say, enter your bank account details so you can pay them to fix it. Then they drain your bank account.

I had been getting these "Private" calls every night at around the same time, 9 PM.

I answered two nights before and some Shelia asked to speak to me. I said yes it is me and then the line went quiet so I hung up.

At almost the same time last night the phone rang again and some bloke asked to speak to me and he started his crap about being from the Computer Maintenance Department and wanted to talk to me about my computer.

If you understand what I had been through during the day and how ill I felt at the time you may forgive me for telling him,

"Oi, Fuckwit do you think I'm a fucking idiot or something, this is a fucking scam so why don't you go fuck yourself and fuck right off at the same time!!!!!!!"

He hung up on me. I cannot understand why. Wasn't that the correct answer to his question or was I wrong?

mulder

PS No phone call tonight. Dont know why not.

greg_r

:)

That indeed was the correct answer :)

opus9
:)

That indeed was the correct answer :)

In fact I think you should now start selling yourself as a Telephone anti marketing consultant. Only twenty five dollars and you could save the clients thousands.Your a natural at providing answers and solutions to telemarketing companies...good luck.

A.R.S.E. Consultants ltd.

Annoying Response Scams Executive.

Nisv

Thanks for the tip.

Never heard of combined telephone/internet- scam before, wonder what's next?

Email-telephone-letter-courier- scams?

mulder

Its been doing the rounds for a while in Australia.

A mate kept them on the line for 10 minutes. This is what he said.

I got it yesterday arvo and had time to spare so dragged him along for about 10minutes.

Kept telling him I clicked on the wrong thing and had him spell out the bogus website 6 times. Then he asks if I can see the website, so I say;

"yeah its a picture of a cow"

"No no no sir it is not a cow, can you see the green screen?"

"Yeah, its a cow in a paddock of green grass."

"What? No there is no cow"

"Oh you are right its a bull, I couldn't tell because I'm looking at its arse and its taking a shit. You know, bullshit. Like this call. Stopping call you fuckin scamming twat, everyone knows that its bullshit."

"Oh muddafukka" and he hangs up on me.

It was pretty juvenile but I was bored and it was fucking funny to hear this Indian conman suddenly jerry that I had been dicking him about before he sighs and mumbles "motherfucker".

Del

:) Good answer mulder, and a funny response by your mate too!

I remember a telesales call I got and the guy wouldn't let up so I had some fun and asked him to hold for a second. I then got my son's soft toy duck which plays "signing in the rain", put the phone down beside it and started the duck singing! I left it sitting for a minute or two until the guy hung up. :)

Caliper

Your answer was so perfect no further questions were necessary, hehehe

there was once a popular scam used with prepaid phone, you got called that you won a prize with X cellphone company, but you had to buy a prepaid cellphone card of X amount, scratch the number and give it to them and then they would call you back, of course, the prize was not real and you were just giving them free phone minutes. It was also similarly used with credit cards, you got called saying you won a trip and needed your credit card info to confirm your identity.

Some people