Sign in to follow this  
seoulbrova

Del's fault. My 1st Breitling!

seoulbrova

I first saw this watch in the duty free shop at Incheon airport in Korea. Had no idea what it was besides it being a Breitling, but the modernized numbers really were to my liking. Alas, spending 3-4 thousand on a watch wasn't quite in our budget seeing as how that's how much our entire vacation cost for a family of 4.

Then I found these forums and discovered these super reps not knowing this watch even existed. Ordered an UPO and saw Del's post on this Breitling. I was considering the yellow, but after I saw his pictures I went with the blue.

Wow, what an awesome watch. I know there's certain 'tells' that give it away, but in person you can't really tell. You need to look at the two watches with macro photos to be able to tell. Lume seems great so far as well. Charged it last night and at 4 in the morning I could still read the time (I was up because we have a 4 month old). The strap is also excellent quality as it has the vanilla scent of italian rubber.

89311286.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

46515878.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

One question though. I believe this watch has a 2836 clone. Is it louder than other movements when the rotor is spinning inside? It seems much more noticeable than on my gen Tag or V5 UPO.

Edited by seoulbrova

dingle
;)

myaz

Way to go. Now you can take another vacation with the money you saved. Del will be pleased. ;)

Del

Delighted for you mate! ;)

PeterWorcester
I first saw this watch in the duty free shop at Incheon airport in Korea. Had no idea what it was besides it being a Breitling, but the modernized numbers really were to my liking. Alas, spending 3-4 thousand on a watch wasn't quite in our budget seeing as how that's how much our entire vacation cost for a family of 4.

Then I found these forums and discovered these super reps not knowing this watch even existed. Ordered an UPO and saw Del's post on this Breitling. I was considering the yellow, but after I saw his pictures I went with the blue.

Wow, what an awesome watch. I know there's certain 'tells' that give it away, but in person you can't really tell. You need to look at the two watches with macro photos to be able to tell. Lume seems great so far as well. Charged it last night and at 4 in the morning I could still read the time (I was up because we have a 4 month old). The strap is also excellent quality as it has the vanilla scent of italian rubber.

One question though. I believe this watch has a 2836 clone. Is it louder than other movements when the rotor is spinning inside? It seems much more noticeable than on my gen Tag or V5 UPO.

Del made me do it too. However I absolutely love my Abyss II, It's a beautiful watch.

In this case I have to thank Del.

Cheers,

Peter

Amit

I got a Breit on the way now too.

And that's del fault as well.

SeanusMaximus

I likey, think I would have to go the yellow route though :facepalm:

alw

I think the new (2011) Superocean looks cheap compared with the classic, earlier (2010) version. Can´t stand those colours. :facepalm:

honeybear

I like this new Superocean Abyss, I usually find Breitlings to be too busy for my tastes, but this seems like a nice simple, no nonsense watch.