Sign in to follow this  
SeanusMaximus

It gets better....

SeanusMaximus

;)

twall

Beautiful watch, first off.

Am I missing something in the French? I thought Quadruple meant "4". I only see two cages. Why the "quad" designation? Shouldn't it be a "duo"?

Educate me, someone. I'm sure I am wrong.

SeanusMaximus
Beautiful watch, first off.

Am I missing something in the French? I thought Quadruple meant "4". I only see two cages. Why the "quad" designation? Shouldn't it be a "duo"?

Educate me, someone. I'm sure I am wrong.

because each tourbillon is operating on two axis, so 2x2=4 ;)

twall

I guess I don't understand. I am a machinist, and two axis means it moves in and out, as well as up and down. It looks like any other tourbo, but there are two cages.........I've seen two caged tourbos before, and they were called duos - I ......oh, nevermind. Guess it's like "regulating" versus "adjusting". Nobody can answer it, so don't ask, eh?

Very pretty though..

SeanusMaximus
I guess I don't understand. I am a machinist, and two axis means it moves in and out, as well as up and down. It looks like any other tourbo, but there are two cages.........I've seen two caged tourbos before, and they were called duos - I ......oh, nevermind. Guess it's like "regulating" versus "adjusting". Nobody can answer it, so don't ask, eh?

Very pretty though..

Kind of hard to explain, been fascinated by Tourbillons and minute repeaters etc for some time. Maybe best way to describe is like planes instead of axis, if you watch other vids plus this one closer you'll see what I mean, its the same as the single tourby coaxial models, which can move in almost any direction within their spherical limits.... its a complicated thing to explain like you say, I guess they live up to their name of 'Grand complications' ;)

twall

I understand Coaxial, though - I am a dumbass. I fly indoor R/C helis, and they are 'Coaxial'. Two rotors spinning independantly of each other on the same plane. Kinda what you mean?

SeanusMaximus
I understand Coaxial, though - I am a dumbass. I fly indoor R/C helis, and they are 'Coaxial'. Two rotors spinning independantly of each other on the same plane. Kinda what you mean?

In a sense yes, YouTube is your friend mate, i spend hours on it :D

jameo210369

Wow, that is a stunning movement and with that music it is quite hypnotic.

SeanusMaximus
Wow, that is a stunning movement and with that music it is quite hypnotic.

Ditto :D