Sign in to follow this  
grimbo

Hello from Aust

grimbo

Hello everyone,

From Aust :gday_mate_haveabeer:

My watch just broke today (some crappy rip curl i got for birthday few years ago).

Decided need a new watch and thought I might look into some replicas. If anyone has any suggestions for a newb to go about this please suggest away :D

pollux1

Hi and welcome mate! What kind of watch do you like? Best thing is to read, read then read some more, there's loads of info here and plenty of good advice! :D

grimbo
Hi and welcome mate! What kind of watch do you like? Best thing is to read, read then read some more, there's loads of info here and plenty of good advice! :D

Idk what I would like, I am 20 and want something that is more 'mature' compared to the rather teenage looking watches I've had.

Started reading all the sticky and already learning!

EDIT: I have a rather small wrist so not fan of anything that has a massive face.

Edited by grimbo

Del

Hello and welcome! :D

Depends on what you like and when you will wear the watch. I'm a big Breitling fan but also like Rolex and Panerai - if you click on the link in my signature you'll see pics of my current collection, which might give you some ideas at least. Also check the review section. :gday_mate_haveabeer:

nunu78

Welcome Mate and stay away from Del unless u want to be addicted to Breitlings :D

wat44

gday

I recommend Omega planet ocean for you

paule11

Omega planet ocean or a Panerai as most people would never have seen one in Australia or heard of the brand

trailboss99

Hey mate, welcome.

A Tag would be another good choice, very popular with the younger crowd and a lot get given as graduation gifts so believable.

Don't knock the Rip Curls too hard, they are a surprisingly good watch, well made and long lasting with quality movements.

Col.

grimbo

Ty for all the welcomes.

Probs should mention dont want to spend more than ~$150 since it will be my first replica watch.

mulder

Well thats not a problem. Many many fine watches for less then that available on here.

Nisv

Hi Grimbo, welcome ;)

Sticking to the trusted dealers = the right thing to do.

Good luck in finding a nice rep, remember to post alot of pics of it when it arrives :lol:

greg_r

Welcome! :dunno:

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse :)

Balad1

Here are a couple reps on Robert' s auction site that might meet your requirements and budget. These are the buy it now prices; I own all 3 and I like them all.

Tag caliber 8 $99 + $10 shipping: http://www.auctionpwc.com/auction_details....ction_id=102245

Oris F-1 $79 + $10 shipping: http://www.auctionpwc.com/auction_details....ction_id=102259

Omega Seamaster $79 +$10 shipping: http://www.auctionpwc.com/auction_details....ction_id=102260

grimbo
Tag caliber 8 $99 + $10 shipping:

Wow really like that, caught my eye and looks nice.

How long have you had yours for?