Sign in to follow this  
tyrantblade

your most water resistant rep?

tyrantblade

I know chances are you need to have a rep waterproofed, and I don't go diving, but I was just wondering how water resistant reps can become once water proofed. Lol, that was a typo, meant to say diving.

Edited by tyrantblade

SeanusMaximus

Depends on quite a few variables to be honest, what watch were you thinking of ?

pollux1

If you choose a non chrono model, like a submariner, or Planet ocean etcetera, they most likely can be made waterproof, although quite a lot are out of the box so to speak. The problem with waterproofing reps comes from water ingress via the crystal, which quite possibly hasn't been seated properly, other than that it isn't too hard to waterproof any ( non chrono ) rep. :)

tyrantblade
Depends on quite a few variables to be honest, what watch were you thinking of ?

Like I said I don't go diving so I don't need a very water resistant rep, and its more an out of the curiosity question (though I do have a planet ocean rep coming)

SeanusMaximus

Perfect watch to waterproof then, I don't think the HE valves are an issue on them and I've seen plenty sealed nicely to 6atm, other potentials are the usual dssd or submariner, or maybe the breitling superocean heritage or abyss...

Cynikal.Mindset

I think I've had all mine to the bottom of the pool. The bentley 6.75 will not venture down there though.

Waipio Jeff
Perfect watch to waterproof then, I don't think the HE valves are an issue on them and I've seen plenty sealed nicely to 6atm, other potentials are the usual dssd or submariner, or maybe the breitling superocean heritage or abyss...

I have waterproof versions of all of these. In addition I have a PO Chrono, Pam 318, 193, and a Seawolf that are all swimable. To me nothing screams rep like having to take off a diving or tool watch before getting wet.

houndoggie

Fwiw, I have swam with the Seawolf, the h factory 176m, and the Dsn 024a all straight out of the box...no testing, except trial by fire.

Charleston

My GMT II C from Timeshop was waterproof, and my 50th Sub from Replicamake was very waterproof...

gtwc
I know chances are you need to have a rep waterproofed, and I don't go driving, but I was just wondering how water resistant reps can become once water proofed.

well if you`re only driving, any watch will do................................

Comex

DSSD, 2x Submariner, Seadweller (Comex), PO 45,5 mm and 42 mm, Seamaster Professional 300m diver (chrono).

All of the above are waterproof well over 4 atm. Except the Seamaster (2 atm).

collector26

I sealed my 243 over a year ago when I 1st got it. Been to the beach and the pool numorous times without fail.

a70e8e4a.jpg

tyrantblade
I know chances are you need to have a rep waterproofed, and I don't go driving, but I was just wondering how water resistant reps can become once water proofed.

well if you`re only driving, any watch will do................................

Thanks for pointing out my typo

rober100
If you choose a non chrono model, like a submariner, or Planet ocean etcetera, they most likely can be made waterproof, although quite a lot are out of the box so to speak. The problem with waterproofing reps comes from water ingress via the crystal, which quite possibly hasn't been seated properly, other than that it isn't too hard to waterproof any ( non chrono ) rep. :lol:

I totally agree. Sub style watches with sapphire crystal and a smooth crystal joints are good for water.

dingle
I sealed my 243 over a year ago when I 1st got it. Been to the beach and the pool numorous times without fail.

a70e8e4a.jpg

this makes me miss my 243 :lol:

graman

None...I have a seiko diver that I got from Offshore....performs brilliantly, and is as tight as a drum ;)