Sign in to follow this  
johnny woozer

My rep is loosing 2 sec a day

johnny woozer

My only good rep, Rolex GMT2, bought from Siam in Bangkok, is loosing about 2 secs a day. I am pleased with that, but what do you think?

Is it bad, good or excellent for a copy eta? Or should I try to reduce these 2 seconds by adjusting the +/- screw in the movement??

greg_r

It's within CoSC standards. Leave it alone.

JohnG

If it were a Rolex it would be within specs.

That is INCREDIBLY good. You could fiddle with it for a month and not get it that good.

johnny woozer
If it were a Rolex it would be within specs.

That is INCREDIBLY good. You could fiddle with it for a month and not get it that good.

Thanks. I thought so that its was quite well. But it's nice to hear that I have a good running movement (up to now). Also thanks to Robert who directed me to te seller of this watch.

onzenuub

I would send it back to the dealer and ask for a refund :lol:

houndoggie

Yes, you should adjust it to within 0.0000123 secs +/- a day. Otherwise you might as well use a sundial.

johnny woozer
Yes, you should adjust it to within 0.0000123 secs +/- a day. Otherwise you might as well use a sundial.

Do you know a trusted dealer that sell rep sun-dials (not taiwanees crap) that keep time within 0.0000123 sec +/- a day??

Preferrable with super lume and AR coating (green)

:lol:

houndoggie

Do you know a trusted dealer that sell rep sun-dials (not taiwanees crap) that keep time within 0.0000123 sec +/- a day??

You can make a gen with a stick.

Luthier

.....and for not more than $40, pliiizzz...

johnny woozer

dhu..b.org??? Is this your website??

Quick find Onze. Only pitty there is no superlume.... My rep Rolex neither.

onzenuub

dhu..b.org??? Is this your website??

Quick find Onze. Only pitty there is no superlume.... My rep Rolex neither.

There is no superlume, there is lume and that's it.

RolexAddict
My only good rep, Rolex GMT2, bought from Siam in Bangkok, is loosing about 2 secs a day. I am pleased with that, but what do you think?

Is it bad, good or excellent for a copy eta? Or should I try to reduce these 2 seconds by adjusting the +/- screw in the movement??

-2 secs a day ??? :lol:

the +/- screw on the spiral plateform is just a trap for noobs & tourists,

don't touch anything,

Return in Bangkok, strait to Patpong District, ask for a massage, just relax.

JohnG

-2 secs a day ??? :)

don't touch anything,

Massage with happy ending?

Luthier

-2 secs a day ??? :o

don't touch anything,

Thai massage is always with happy ending.

:)

ubiquitous

What kind of equipment does the 'masseuse' come with? Is everything OEM, or modded?

alphakazi

what are we talking about here?

massage.jpg

johnny woozer

-2 secs a day ??? :)

don't touch anything,

When finished you get a free Big Bang :o

greg_r

Oh trust me. It won't be free..... :)

@RA. Post of the week mate. LMAO

trailboss99

Mate, the standerd for gens is 5sec a day so even if it was a gen you would be very happy. That's one hell of a great result, do not touch a damn thing!

Execpt maybe one of the afore mentioned Thai gals ;)

Col.

Rats

Are you sure you are losing 2 seconds a day? How do you know that the watch you are using as a comparison is not gaining 2 seconds a day????

johnny woozer

Are you sure you are losing 2 seconds a day? How do you know that the watch you are using as a comparison is not gaining 2 seconds a day????

I am not using another watch for comparison. I use an internet time site which is synchronized with an atomic clock. I know that internetconnections can loose some time. So I used a 2 week period and checked daily how much time I was loosing on my watch compared to the atomic clock time. So I'm quite sure that there is a loss of average 2 seconds a day. After 2 week I had a loss on the watch of about 30 seconds.

KBH

I'd open her up and fuck with it until you get it to +2 seconds a day. It's so much easier to reset the time if you're a little fast. ;)

RolexAddict

:)

I just checked from yesterday morning to this morning one of my best 2836-2, I get +8 seconds/24H. I had serviced and regulated myself this movement. A watchsmith told me at the phone that it's very good for a cheap mechanical movement to stabilize in a range of + or - 8 sec a day. But this movement will not hold this + 8, may be next week it will be - 5...

Most of the time the 2836-2 doesn't keep constant, the amplitude is affected by natural features like temperature, movement position and various other kind of things like bad mechanical and building tolerances, excessive play between gears and axes in jeweled holes for example, dry parts etc. Note that if the movement is not affected by over oiling. Over oiled is better than no oil.

I have other watches powered by ETA, if I wear the same 4 days non stop for example, the variation could be plus or less 15, 20 seconds, I don't really care about, I hear around me and read on gen watches forums that its the same for lot of gen Rolex...

Johnny, if you have a constant -2 sec/day, don't touch anything, your movement is better than a gen Rolex, just observe if it will hold this a long time

johnny woozer
;)

I just checked from yesterday morning to this morning one of my best 2836-2, I get +8 seconds/24H. I had serviced and regulated myself this movement. A watchsmith told me at the phone that it's very good for a cheap mechanical movement to stabilize in a range of + or - 8 sec a day. But this movement will not hold this + 8, may be next week it will be - 5...

Most of the time the 2836-2 doesn't keep constant, the amplitude is affected by natural features like temperature, movement position and various other kind of things like bad mechanical and building tolerances, excessive play between gears and axes in jeweled holes for example, dry parts etc. Note that if the movement is not affected by over oiling. Over oiled is better than no oil.

I have other watches powered by ETA, if I wear the same 4 days non stop for example, the variation could be plus or less 15, 20 seconds, I don't really care about, I hear around me and read on gen watches forums that its the same for lot of gen Rolex...

Johnny, if you have a constant -2 sec/day, don't touch anything, your movement is better than a gen Rolex, just observe if it will hold this a long time

I will not touch anything in the movement of this watch. I will check reguarly if this -2 will be consistant and I'll inform you next month how good it is running.

I'm happy with this watch.