Sign in to follow this  
DeepseaMan

Best dssd ???

DeepseaMan

Hi I have bk s dssd but is there a better one, if anyone ones of one can you let me no please and tell me why it's better thanks all

dingle

gen is better. that is all :D

greg_r

Nope - that's about as good as they get for now short of buying gen.

Amit

Shirt of buying then gen. No.

Possible only other option is buying ultimate Version from Mary and then awning it to ska so he can do his upgrades.

Although all that will cost you a pretty penny

Amit

Or even to Kenny

chum_2000_uk

Possible only other option is buying ultimate Version from Mary and then awning it to ska so he can do his upgrades.

Are there any differences between the ultimate Mary can get and the bk, aside from the work bk does to it?

d1isthe1

Well i have them both the BK and another I bought in BKK. You will never find a proper upgrade of the DSSD as the factories making them will never upgrade them as per the gen(cosmetically) coz they want you to buy them again and again .... all i can suggest that in a while there will be parts from the gen avail in the market and one can assemble a franken to get close.

greg_r

Are there any differences between the ultimate Mary can get and the bk, aside from the work bk does to it?

If I'm not mistaken (somebody correct me if I am), they're the same watch.

d1isthe1

+1 GG

Amit

Yes you guys are right. i suppose essential he could send his BK DSSD to Ska or Kenny and have them make their slight mods to make it that bit better.

ie: better insert, matte the dial etc

Eiderdaus

I really like bk but i think some ppl here missunderstood what his work is about. he is modding and assembling watches, not manufacturing. his dssd is from the same factory as other with the difference that he is changing the datewheel and does an accurate qc. but thats purely all he is doing with the dssd....and that is what he is saying. he is not claiming that he is heavily modding the watch.

he is a master in what he is doing but his contribution to the dssd is little so please don´t shout all the time go and get a bk dssd or a bk sub c is the best you can get. this is absolut right for the 16610 and the YM where he is doing fantastic work and has a excellent and outstanding knowledge.

but i get tiered of ppl stating that the bk dssd or sub c is better than marys or other sellers. they are all coming from "nf" some batches are better than others.

If you want a proper dssd, you can buy the same and current version from nearly all sellers with the difference if you buy a bk one, you don´t need to realign the datewheel anymore.

matte dial and reluming some other modders can do, bk is not offering that service.

one thing left, none of the version of the dssd is correct atm.

greg_r
I really like bk but i think some ppl here missunderstood what his work is about. he is modding and assembling watches, not manufacturing. his dssd is from the same factory as other with the difference that he is changing the datewheel and does an accurate qc. but thats purely all he is doing with the dssd....and that is what he is saying. he is not claiming that he is heavily modding the watch.

he is a master in what he is doing but his contribution to the dssd is little so please don´t shout all the time go and get a bk dssd or a bk sub c is the best you can get. this is absolut right for the 16610 and the YM where he is doing fantastic work and has a excellent and outstanding knowledge.

but i get tiered of ppl stating that the bk dssd or sub c is better than marys or other sellers. they are all coming from "nf" some batches are better than others.

If you want a proper dssd, you can buy the same and current version from nearly all sellers with the difference if you buy a bk one, you don´t need to realign the datewheel anymore.

matte dial and reluming some other modders can do, bk is not offering that service.

The most important difference is the new datewheel overlay that he installs. But yes, as you say, he's basically selling a tweaked version of the same watch you can get elsewhere.

chum_2000_uk

What flaws are we generally seeing with DSSDs at the moment? Am I right in saying we are seeing:

-poor clasp printing of 'Rolex' etc

-non matte dial

-misaligned datewheel

-inaccurate pearl/ bezel

Anything else?

Edited by chum_2000_uk

Eiderdaus

case shape, cgs, and most important the inner ring printing (too close to the edge) visible from 1m :), and the finish it self, looks so different from gen (maybe not on pictures but in real)

dingle

eiderNOOB! :daffy:

:lol:

greg_r
case shape, cgs, and most important the inner ring printing (too close to the edge) visible from 1m :D,

You need to wait and get a bit older, Eider. You'll appreciate your reps more. At my age it's barely visible from 6 inches - at a meter I can only just about see the watch! :lol:

:daffy:

Member X

Old like Yoda you are :daffy:

:lol:

d1isthe1

What flaws are we generally seeing with DSSDs at the moment? Am I right in saying we are seeing:

-poor clasp printing of 'Rolex' etc

-non matte dial

-misaligned datewheel

-inaccurate pearl/ bezel

Anything else?

The most important flaw in any DSSD is Hour markers,the Engraving of the Compression ring .. then the '10' or u can say a bold bezel with the right pearl. I'll be lucky if i can find a lot with the aligned rehaut engraving, a flush he valve and the freaking list goes on ... so we wait and amuse ourselves with what we have ...

Edited by d1isthe1

LaraA

I had a watchmaker (watch retailer) that sells gen rolex, walk into my work today, and spotted my rolex, as soon as she held it in her had for about 10 sec, she told me it was fake.

I only payed $149 for mine, how much better is Marys ultimate or BKs ?

On the outside of the watch that is...

Thanks

// André

g.man

I guess the moral of the story is, don't take your watch off and let a Rolex dealer inspect it closely. :)

Seriously though, 99.9% of the world's population will be completely fooled by a super-rep. I have several, and I love them all. None of my expensive watch loving colleagues have ever sussed that the majority of my watch collection are reproductions.

Case in point, colleague who wears a gen Pam 243 noticed me wearing my rep last weekend, assumed it was real and commented that my Kain Heritage strap was much nicer than his gen rubber.

I could tell you similar tales about my Tags and Rolexes, but I'm sure you get the picture.

Bottom line. They're all beautiful watches for a great price. Buy 'em and enjoy 'em, then if they break, just buy another.

regards

g.man

MikeMcNair

i have a DSSD with a used bezel insert from a GEN, and it doesn NOT look as good as some of the reps (rounded top of triangle at 12, as opposed to flat.)

peep this...

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...nair,+dssd,+420

then get the one you want, a BK datwwheel, a superlume from me or ska, and trevor's bezel with an upgraded pearl to match the superlume.

thats's as close as it get's IMO. oh, and regardless of popular debate, a MATTE FINISHED DIAL!!.

done.

closest to gen you can get as far as i am concerned.

then, just to be smart, paint the second hand red, cause that's who REAL ballers do it :bcake:

i am in the middle of the "best DSSD ever" build, and let's see how it turns out. if proper, i think PW will be very very pleased :(

MJC

Mike, as soon as I get my new bracelet from Mary (cause again no offense to BK) as it's the factory, but their bracelets suck with marking/non engravings and feel... BUT, soon that will be taken care of, the rest of the watch? AMAZING

Just need to get it over to Mike for a little AR, re lume and better insert/pearl... In your hand, honestly it can fool yourself it isn't a genuine piece.. I had both in my hand!

MJC

Well fella's.. Went to my local Tourneau where i've purchased before, salesman knows me well and let's me check out whatever I want for as long as I want..

Went in to see a Deepsea... First and foremost, WOW... I have a new appreciation for BK's DSSD... The dial on the genuine is INDEED GLOSSY, not matte... The dial finish/around the beveled date window shines and is glossy , they look IDENTICAL... Only slight difference is font boldness and the silver hour marker surrounds... Honestly you can hardly tell at all even knowing what to look for

The bracelet on the genuine is a million times better, buttery smooth... HEV sits the same way on both, titanium back looks same and flattened, the ceramic bezel and markers/numerals are very bold and a greyish tone opposed to white like on my GMT II... I think they ay have changed this, I was looking at a newer G serial Deepsea today, otherwise it's much closer and spot on then we think.. With a correct bezel and pearl, and a nice bracelet lubed up and brushed well this thing is GOLDEN! Pic's will be posted in a little bit

Member X

The key message in that ^^^ is that Rolex do change details here and there - they have done both matte and gloss dials, and it appears from what you say that the bezel number colour might have been tweaked too?

In which case we really don't need to worry about 100% perfection - there is no definitive gen to compare to because they keep changing, therefore who can say if your rep is a rep?? :lmao:

Buy reps, wear reps, enjoy reps - don't stress about the minor details only you or 1 in 100000 people will notice!!

PeterWorcester
i have a DSSD with a used bezel insert from a GEN, and it doesn NOT look as good as some of the reps (rounded top of triangle at 12, as opposed to flat.)

peep this...

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...nair,+dssd,+420

then get the one you want, a BK datwwheel, a superlume from me or ska, and trevor's bezel with an upgraded pearl to match the superlume.

thats's as close as it get's IMO. oh, and regardless of popular debate, a MATTE FINISHED DIAL!!.

done.

closest to gen you can get as far as i am concerned.

then, just to be smart, paint the second hand red, cause that's who REAL ballers do it :lmao:

i am in the middle of the "best DSSD ever" build, and let's see how it turns out. if proper, i think PW will be very very pleased :rofl:

Mike, knows I'm going to LOVE it, all along the way he's been kind enough to have discussions about what will really make it look a killer stand out watch. I'm DYING for my watch Mike. It's actually been a LOT of fun working with Mike though all this. We are very lucky to have someone so talented in the US who does this kind of thing for us. I know when I finally get the watch back it's going to be an absolute GEM of a rep watch.

Mike feel free to post pics if you like along the way as you mod it.

Thank Bro, you are DA MAN !

Cheers,

Peter (PW)