Sign in to follow this  
Comex

Loose bezel

Comex

I have several watches that have a loose bezel. Came like that.

They don't fall of but rotate very lightly. I read about a fix involving dental floss??

Is there maybe a way of fixing it properly by removing the bezel and tightening up the springs or something?

And how do you remove a bezel without damaging watch and bezel?

agntkerr
I have several watches that have a loose bezel. Came like that.

They don't fall of but rotate very lightly. I read about a fix involving dental floss??

Is there maybe a way of fixing it properly by removing the bezel and tightening up the springs or something?

And how do you remove a bezel without damaging watch and bezel?

Most just pop off, I have a little tool that does it. hey have a little nipple with a very small spring connected underneath. There is also a paper clip looking piece that is bent in several spots as to form 3/4 of a circle. Its possible that piece is broke or the spring and nipple mechanism is faulty.

sconehead
retainingwire.png

Comex

Thanks a lot guys,

going to try it tomorrow.

Get back to you.

theflyingdutchman

easy fix.... wrap waxed tooth silk floss under it.... and cross end, repeat until fixed, then not end under!

Comex

Sconehead, you're a genius. Worked perfectly.

Thanks

sconehead

genius...moi...:(

...good to hear you fixed it mate...:Whistle:

MikeMcNair
Most just pop off, I have a little tool that does it.

NO, none should POP OFF, if they are built properly, you must use force. and frankly greg, i would like to see this tool you speak of, as it may very well solve a mystery of a few months back :dingleberry-nemesis: :dingleberry-nemesis:

MikeMcNair
+1000

yeah dave, i wanna see what this Mack Truck/Back-Hoe looks like, cause i know i had that bezel on WAY HARDER that ANYONE could take! i made it stationary!!! but it "fell" off?

i wanna see this tool.......

cvp3

Dental floss worked for me on two bezels that were loose. 2 Brietlings spun just a little too freely for my liking. Floss did the trick and made them appropriately tight. The 3rd though was a bust. The Omega from Mary had a bezel that was probably fine, but I tried flossing and I'm afraid I broke it. Mike, I probably have another one coming your way. She now turns tightly with no clicks what so ever.

Edited by cvp3

MikeMcNair
Dental floss worked for me on two bezels that were loose. 2 Brietlings spun just a little too freely for my liking. Floss did the trick and made them appropriately tight. The 3rd though was a bust. The Omega from Mary had a bezel that was probably fine, but I tried flossing and I'm afraid I broke it. Mike, I probably have another one coming your way. She now turns tightly with no clicks what so ever.

I got yer back chris!!! I wanna see Gregs tool, something tells me it's a sledge hammer!!!!

:rofl: