Sign in to follow this  
Orracle

Noobie needs help with first purchase

Orracle

I've never worn a watch until 6 months ago, when I purchased a $10 watch that looked a lot costlier than you would expect for the price. I get compliments on the watch constantly and which is when I realized that a nice watch is worth the investment. However, as expected, the metallic band is starting to lose its shine and is chipping away (cheap I know lol).

So now I'm looking to pay upto $100 for a watch, and I would prefer a metal band (right term?). I just don't know where to start or what to get, so I'm looking for your recommendations!

Thanks!

Crimosoft

Hi Orracle,

Let's make it simple : go to the Trusted Dealers page and down to WatchInternational or TimesShop and select from there with confidence. Silix is also having "economy" watches that may not be the finest rep but very good value for the price you pay :facepalm:

Avoid PrestigeWatchCo unless you are ready to bet and lose money if your parcel is seized by your country customs.

Luthier

I smell blood...

trailboss99
I smell blood...

Na, he;s right in as much as Robert is not an ideal first time dealer. I'm not getting into a pissing match on a Sunday arvo.

Mate any watch our dealers sell is gunna be far better than what you have now. They will be solid stainless steel fro starters so won't chip/peel. Most Most folk start with a Rolex Submariner of which very good examples can be got for under 100 bucks. Narikaa's Planet Ocean is another good cheap choice. I see his noobmariner (Rolex Sub) deal is on again. 68 pounds is a little more than you wanted to spend (but not much) but it's one of the best reps out there and only around 120 bucks : http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...showtopic=17922

You can get his PO for around the same price: http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=7896

Either of these makers an excellent first rep, I'd go the PO, less folk will think it's not real. Even gen subs are usual;y asumed to be reps by the general public. The PO also comes in either 42 or 45mm so it's a bit bigger than the Sub at 40mm. Depends on your wrists but even a 6.5" wrist can pull off a 45mm watch.

Hope that helps.

Col.

Mystery Shopper

Great advice and great suggestions. A Tag Heuer might also be an option. Have a search around the forum & you will find something you like.

Pob

You can get almoust anything that has 21J for around 100$ even from Robert! But you will have to decide what you want before ordering, don't ask him to many questions lol :(

But i would also go for Narika or Silix as your first dealer! i guess all depends what you like for watch ;)

PO or Sub are good choices :)