Sign in to follow this  
greg_r

Panerai Radiomir 183G

greg_r

I was lucky enough to be online when Robert happened to mention in the shoutbox that he'd discovered a small number of Radiomir 183g reps that he'd had in stock for some time. They were, apparently, unusually high quality with genuine Swiss ETA movements, sapphire crystal and very high build quality. At $200 I couldn't resist, so I ordered one on the spot.

The watch arrived yesterday along with my Ultimate 127, which I'll post about elsewhere. It's every bit as good as Robert said it was, simply oozing quality. It's one of those watches that really 'feels' expensive the moment you pick it up. The crown screws down in a very positive manner - there aren't going to be any cross-threading problems with this watch!

The dial is particularly good, the watch is fitted with a high cannon pin and the movement has very high-quality engraving. Robert wasn't kidding when he said you couldn't build these for this kind of price these days!

Lume is standard rep lume - better on the hands than on the dial. I will probably get this re-lumed at some point - it's worth it. The strap is decent for a rep strap but will be replaced in due course. The only thing really missing is a swan neck regulator - but it would be churlish to worry about that at the price, especially given the quality of the movement. This really is one of the nicest reps I've ever seen - thanks to Robert for such a bargain.

PAM183G.JPG

PAM183G_b.JPG

alphakazi

nice buy greg - a really nice buy

KBH

Very nice. Don't you find the Radiomir wears better than the Marinas on the wrist? So comfortable for a big watch.

greg_r
Very nice. Don't you find the Radiomir wears better than the Marinas on the wrist? So comfortable for a big watch.

Actually, my most comfortable watches are the Fiddy (either one) and my 47mm vintage-style Radiomir homage. I find either of those far more comfortable than the 44mm models. They just seem to 'fit' me, you know? My two 45mm Radiomirs come a very close second, though, agreed, and this one is a much better match with a suit than the 47mm models. I think I'll be wearing it a lot.

houndoggie

It is a nice one!! Love the 183

AustinTech

NIce deal.

Glad you are happy with the watch!

KBH

As a side note to this. My crown finally stripped out on my 183 and I pm'd Davidsan for a replacement. $30 plus adding $11 for WU fees it was $41. WTF?

I thought it was just the tube stripped so I asked politely if he could do something cheaper for just the tube and he wrote back telling me to basically Fuck Off in a rather rude manner. Remind to to never buy anything from him. They're like $5 from CousinsUK. So anyways I bought 4 of them if anyone needs one.

Now I realized the crown is still not so good although it's working for now. I ask Ruby if she can get me one and put it in with my watch order. She did it for $3. What a gal!

houndoggie
As a side note to this. My crown finally stripped out on my 183 and I pm'd Davidsan for a replacement. $30 plus adding $11 for WU fees it was $41. WTF?

I thought it was just the tube stripped so I asked politely if he could do something cheaper for just the tube and he wrote back telling me to basically Fuck Off in a rather rude manner. Remind to to never buy anything from him. They're like $5 from CousinsUK. So anyways I bought 4 of them if anyone needs one.

Now I realized the crown is still not so good although it's working for now. I ask Ruby if she can get me one and put it in with my watch order. She did it for $3. What a gal!

That is odd, I have never had any probs with Davidsen.. he has always been great with discounts for me and sending free stuff. weird..

sconehead

That is odd, I have never had any probs with Davidsen.. he has always been great with discounts for me and sending free stuff. weird..

Yes HD, but how many watches have you bought off him, you have an awful lot of Pams...obviously the more you deal with him, maybe his level of service gets better?

Discuss...

KBH

Yes HD, but how many watches have you bought off him, you have an awful lot of Pams...obviously the more you deal with him, maybe his level of service gets better?

Discuss...

I kind of figured that also. But, when you don't treat people right on the small things they won't come back for the big things.