Sign in to follow this  
catinhat95

Please help a well-intentioned newbie wife

catinhat95

Hello, I just happened upon this site after literally days of trying to get up to speed on this topic. I would like to buy my husband a pam 48. from what i have read the h-factory are the best. Can anyone save me some time and point me in the right direction? also, can you tell me which movement i should opt for? it's either this or the lum-tec genuine but i love the look of the pams.

Edited by catinhat95

trailboss99

Yeah, H factory QC leaves a bit to be desired however. I'd go for one from Robert (regardless of which factory, he has the best prices on Pams) as his delivery can be lightning fast depending on where you are. No doubt one of the Pam experts will be along shortly with more specific advice. Welcome, BTW.

Col.

greg_r

Hi,

The H-factory don't produce a rep of the 048 (which is a 40mm model), although I think there's a relatively inexpensive rep of that particular model still around. However, as Col said, PrestigeWatchCo is probably the best source for you if you want one quickly (although I have to say you're cutting things a little fine, but if you order quickly and pay for EMS shipping, you should be okay).

If you want something really high quality, however, consider going up a size and buying the PAM111M, which is 44mm (similar look but handwind and no datewheel). Again, Robert has a really high-quality version available.

Amit

I would have to agree with what Greg has said.

Go with prestige and order his latest 111 offering.

May be tight with getting it in time but you can ask him about average delivery time via EMS to your country.

wat44

Hont used to sell ultimate pam048

spboudart

Guys, if you're going to direct a noob to Robert then shoot him a pm to be tell him that noob went with your recommendations. Noob needs to be re-assured and some ask many questions and I'm not sure Robert will take the time.

@catinhat95, you might want to pay just a little more and have a dealer send you QC pic and answer all your question.

houndoggie

Another option is the Pam 104i rep..basically a 44mm version of the 048. Very, very good rep in your budget and available from most trusted dealers

houndoggie

Contact Mary at watch international via email. Ask for EMS shipping

catinhat95

thank you all for your help! i will take your advice and contact those reps. He likes the 44mm better anyway although i think it's oddly large! are these watches not usually automatic? also, should i ask for a specific mechanism?

what is Hont? Thanks!

oh and p.s. it has to have a datewheel, that is his one request.

houndoggie
thank you all for your help! i will take your advice and contact those reps. He likes the 44mm better anyway although i think it's oddly large! are these watches not usually automatic? also, should i ask for a specific mechanism?

what is Hont? Thanks!

Contact toro bravo on the board here via pm. Ask him if he can get the new Pam 104i. It is the same as the 048 except bigger. Auto movemtent, date, etc. Excellent replica, much better than the the 048 replicas were and cheaper. Toro bravo also has some shipping options that may be good for you.

houndoggie

Just checked on repgeek... He does have it. $298.

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=147365

Exactly what you want.

For some reason he doesn't update his section here as much, but he is a trusted dealer and has some very fast shipping options.

With the savings, get a nice strap from kain heritage here.

Dendo

@catinhat

This is wonderful advice. Just order and get it done. You are getting invaluable advice from real experts and tremendous value.

No more questions - do it.

prestigewatchco

Better than all the ultimates H factory N factory x factory is the 40mm 48/49 MBK watch nothing compares or ever has to the 40mm from the Taiwan factory

They are around $470 from MBK we have them currently in stock at $379

vonGluberschmidt

be gentle with her Robert......

:rofl:

catinhat95

thanks everyone for your quick replies! great advice!

anthonyd

Wow a admitted newbie wife and no one here has asked for photos yet :angry:

They must still be recovering from the big server crash.

Caliper

Yeah, the pam experts over here know their stuff.

I wonder if Robert's more polite with female noobies? LOL

Edited by Caliper

NFleischer

Yes the 40mm. MBK's are really good. Most guys want 44mm PAM, but I really like the 048 myself.

(I'm kinda short- 5'6/2"; 166cm I think). Not to be a party pooper, the gen Lum-Tec are cool but the automatic models with

Swiss movements are more than the budget. Its like a PAM with a datewheel too!

DSC00331.jpg

Ollifl
:):boobies2::boobies:

Luthier

Strongly oppose accepting females without posting their pictures.

:)

Ollifl

And critical measurements :):boobies:

Luthier

Strongly oppose in-size discrimination. All sizes are acceptable. Just... we have to see it. Then - applaud it.

:)