Sign in to follow this  
tekilla

Tag Carerra RS2

tekilla

o_kYdIuWGrTbkdhmi.jpg

Just wondered if anyone has this yet? I'm sure I saw a thread about this recently but did a search and found nothing on it. I tried on the gen earlier today and it was smaller than I thought (I have puny wrists). Tempted to order one if anyone has a positive write up on it? Mary has it with a quartz mvt and working chronos, but guessing there might be a better rep/mvt ?

Thanks.

Luthier

I had it, but not PVD (God forbid!!!), but SS, and with A7750, from Mary, but it was a year ago...

Great watch, looks good on my 8" wrist.

tekilla

I've read a few things about people not liking PVD. What's the big issue with it - is it just a substandard coating?

Caliper

A matter of taste, the PVD gives a sporty look, appeals to more younger crowds I guess.

There is a better version with A7750 with proper working chrono and subdial around the 350 bucks range, the PVD version of the Calibre 17 RS2 has the terrible error of having the caseback engraved with "limited edition" which is not.

I have the SS version; I'll do a review soon.

tekilla

Thanks Caliper, looking forward to reading your review and possibly seeing some pics.

tekilla

7bd88c182c1550555c7978135577a4b4.image.640x480.jpg

Caliper - is this the one with Ltd Ed you were referring to? If so, I read a post that the Carerra with green detail was ltd to commemorate the inaugural Singapore Grand Prix.

Caliper

nope, there is no Singapore limited edition Calibre 17, that's a fantasy rep.

The Calibre 17 RS2 is not limited edition. When it was announce along with the Calibre 36 RS2 it was considered by tag to be a limited edition, mostly for the calibre 36 because Tag Heuer could not assure they would get constant supplies of Zenith El Primero movement for the cal36, but demand made it be a normal production version, since the Cal17 and cal36 RS2 version are a bit similar using the same watch case and the assumption of being " limited" the rep factory made the mistake of engraving "limited edition" on the back. I've seen correct rep version of the RS2, Mary could find it for you.

The Singapore limited editions are the calibre 8 from 2008, Monaco on 2009, Calibre 16 Daydate on 2010 and now a Carrera Heritage for 2011.

There's a limited edition of the Calibre 17 called RS150, basically a PVD watch with yellow accents (for europe) or blue accent (for UK) limited to 150 pieces each, hence the name, there is no rep of this.

Luthier
I've read a few things about people not liking PVD. What's the big issue with it - is it just a substandard coating?

Well... to me - PVD looks like a watch, painted in black, or like a watch from K-Mart.

We forgot, that the watch is not only a "watch", a tool, that shows the time, but also a kind of jewelry, and where did you see black coated jewelry?

PVD just look cheap to me. Black ceramic is another thing, I can accept it... maybe... but anyway, black watch ain't a watch to me. Sporty look??? I doubt it. Sport is a bright activity, there's no place for the funeral color.

Edit: OK, PVD is great for funerals.

:)

Caliper

PVD in funeral for the deceased or the attendance?

:):boobies:

haha

tekilla

Thanks Caliper, very interesting.

Here's 2008-2011 Singapore Ltd Eds. For someone who likes subtle things, I love the 2009 Day/Date Calibre16.

WebWind

PVD Quartz from now not trusted dealer for about 108 USD.

Very nice watch with reliable and accurate movement witch working chono

You can not see difference between 7750 and quartz on this model, unless you run chrono :wub:

IMG_8209.jpg

IMG_8213.jpg

IMG_8214.jpg

IMG_8229.jpg

IMG_8221.jpg

IMG_8240.jpg

IMG_8234.jpg

IMG_8208.jpg

tekilla

Thanks for the piccies Web, the only difference I can see straight away between yours and the ETA rep is yours doesn't have the crystal back on it.

Does yours have a fully functional 'seconds at 3' chrono?

Thanks.

SeanusMaximus

I have to say im with george on this one - it looks a lot better in SS, but thats just my opinion :P

WebWind
Thanks for the piccies Web, the only difference I can see straight away between yours and the ETA rep is yours doesn't have the crystal back on it.

Does yours have a fully functional 'seconds at 3' chrono?

Thanks.

Chrono is working with no problem.

I can ask owner of this watch if sec @3 is working (I think yes), because I just bought it for someone else and I did not pay much attention on all details.

tekilla

That'd be awesome, don't go out of your way though.

Cheers.