Sign in to follow this  
SeanusMaximus

Now that the dust has settled...

SeanusMaximus

Hi guys,

Well now that the server issues are solved - I can post without fear of loss :rofl:

I had a few reps arrive last week, here are a few photos, and later this week - I get my gen Fortis Flieger Pilot back from my local horologist, with reapplied tritium lume and serviced movement :D

Enjoy!

The vintage gen....and the vintage rep (see daytona post for details!) :D

40ab5bde.jpg

The gen ETA PO...with happy feet, but nevermind, proper anti-mag caseback, the new daily beater! :D

1638b34d.jpg

and the DSSD with 2814, and pretty good lume, from our now separated Lay, whom now practices the dark arts with badgers!

16ae1c56.jpg

c108d271.jpg

Thanks for looking!

alw

Thanks for sharing! I have to look around for that Seamaster 600...

KeNnY

time to relume that nice deep sea of yours :D

Caliper

ooohhh, very nicem that vintage omega is sexy!

SeanusMaximus
Thanks for sharing! I have to look around for that Seamaster 600...

Mine is technically a half breed as the 600 was never produced in the black dial version, only the ranchero came in black dial with triangular markers, however - I had plenty of compliments at the vintage watch fair so it cant have been a bad decision when it was restored :rofl: the 601 movement is going well too considering its now 50 years old :D

time to relume that nice deep sea of yours :D

indeed! did you get my PM matey? :D

alw

Oh yes, a quick look at eBay revealed plenty of newly painted black-dialed Omegas, mainly from the far east. I might get one as I´m not too concerned about authenticity.

SeanusMaximus
Oh yes, a quick look at eBay revealed plenty of newly painted black-dialed Omegas, mainly from the far east. I might get one as I´m not too concerned about authenticity.

It is unfortunate, the ones from the east dont have gen glass, oddjob movements, and shady pasts, I was fortunate to get mine before they appeared early this year from a vintage watch dealer in the UK.

alw

It is unfortunate, the ones from the east dont have gen glass, oddjob movements, and shady pasts, I was fortunate to get mine before they appeared early this year from a vintage watch dealer in the UK.

:D

flottiglia

Theres quite a lot coming out of Thailand with faked miltary markings on the dial and caseback too.They are Omegas but 1960's civvy watches dressed up like WW2 military,seen some go for mega money too..