Sign in to follow this  
Cynikal.Mindset

A7750 Problems!!!

Cynikal.Mindset

Man on Man am I in deep now on this one...a simple mod turned super sour super fast.

I have my Breitling for Bentley 6.75 and the chrono hands were wrong (they were on the wrong subdials) so I go to swap them and just my luck I end up snappng the pinion off in the hand when removing it. I also believe the big second hand tube came apart from the hand itself...

I essentially have a $400 pile of parts that are useless at the moment...hopefully somebody can fix this for me...I will be forever indebted to you.

in short, work required will be

replace 9 o'clock subdial pinion

replace or fix big second hand

reset the "big date" complication

somebody help!!!!

SeanusMaximus

Check the recent posts- there was a guy witha 7750 breitling who smashed his crystal, and didnt know what to do, so offer him for parts?

MikeMcNair

I should have the parts in stock to fix this, PM me tomorrow and I'll check after work.

Btw, a sewing needle will poke out the tiny pinions and you MAY have just enough room to demoing them!! I have had this happen MANY times ;)

Cynikal.Mindset

I just pm'd you mike...I hope you can repair this!

Cynikal.Mindset

Update, I've fixed it to satisfactory condition.

I placed the large second hand back on the tube which was tuck to the pinion and used a needle to re-secure the tube to the hand. Now, the subdial hand @ 9...I ended up gluing it in a stationary position since I dont use the chrono function in the first place and second of all I don't think there are any replacement parts that will fit with the big date module.

overall everything is back to "normal" and aside from a few hours of banging my head on the wall its all good.

I used a glue that is easily removable and water soluble in case I ever decide to properly repair it.

MikeMcNair

Pity, cause I found a ton of stuff today....

71ec54bf.jpg

81c16255.jpg

I also found 29 movements I can take parts from.... 29!!!

Let me know if I can help! Otherwise well done sir!!!

offshore

And how many have good reversing wheels?

Personally I think all A7750's and derivatives thereof should be assigned to the job of anchoring boats!

Offshore

MikeMcNair

And how many have good reversing wheels?

Personally I think all A7750's and derivatives thereof should be assigned to the job of anchoring boats!

Offshore

lol, agreed a bazillion percent

Cynikal.Mindset

as much as it kinda bothers me that its "broken" I think I can live with it for now...especially since this is a stupid modified 7750! If my OCD gets the better of me Mike, I'll send it your way...or buy another one or even both

imagebsx.jpg

MikeMcNair

Certainly looks sharp!!