Sign in to follow this  
Mr Q

Newbie with a confession

Mr Q

Hello all - just checking in!

I joined this forum really for guidance on a reputable replica rep - and I think I've found one with MReplica - you guys know your stuff it seems!

Now the confession. Having spent a while browsing the forum it seems the object of my desire is very, very wrong. I'm afraid I fell in love with a Hublot after seeing an interview with Bruno Senna last year and not having USD$25K burning a hole in my pocket have been looking for a rep since.

So, what's the deal with Hublot? Do all you legit watch collectors not like the fact that Mr Biver is a jumped up non-watch maker with no heritage? I have to say I just love the look of the watch (Big Bang King Power All Black Best Edition V II) and that's the reason for my interest.

Anyway, the order would already have been placed if my bank didn't have a problem with online transactions in China - I'll sort that out tomorrow.

Who knows - if I stay on here much longer I might get a taste for more. And some taste*.

Tootle-pip

Mr Q

*actually I don't care. I like it and that's good enough for me.

houndoggie

Like, Panerai, Hublot watches are quite polarizing for mostly the same reasons...overpriced funny looking watches that all look the same. However, for me, Panerai is beautiful.

onionbag

Hi and welcome to the forum. I know how you feel, I also share this filthy obsession. I assuaged it by actually buying a rep....and what a stinker it was.

So that's that cured for a wee while. :lol:

trailboss99

Welcome. Hublot, you either love 'em or hate 'em.

greg_r

hehe - I'm one of the Hublot haters, considering them overpriced fashion watches but around here there's a simple rule. If YOU like it, it doesn't matter what the hell the rest of us think ;)

Buy it and enjoy! :lol:

Del

Hello and welcome! :lol:

Some days I think I should buy a Hublot and other days I see sense! ;)

pollux1

I've a v1 Hublot Big Bang, and I must say I love it as a watch. Haters gonna hate ;)

Oh and hi nice to see you here. :lol:

opus9

Not being a Hublot fan or AP,but being a massive Formula 1 fan i can see your point.Enjoy what ever you choose,wouldn't be a unique world if we all loved the same watch...and If I were to like a Hublot...(and i would never admit this in public lol)..Roberts Ceramic 7750 F1 would be the one i would defo wear to the paddock)

Enjoy the forum and welcome...

opus9

SeanusMaximus
Not being a Hublot fan or AP,but being a massive Formula 1 fan i can see your point.Enjoy what ever you choose,wouldn't be a unique world if we all loved the same watch...and If I were to like a Hublot...(and i would never admit this in public lol)..Roberts Ceramic 7750 F1 would be the one i would defo wear to the paddock)

Enjoy the forum and welcome...

opus9

What he said :archaeology:

Mr Q

Thanks for the warm welcome - even from those who have acknowledged that I'm a horological deviant. :rofl:

I toyed with the idea of a BB Ayrton Senna (and you know what - I still might) but rejected it simply because it wasn't the one that attracted me to this brand in the first place. I like the contemporary style, the unusual combination of materials & I like the chunky matt black, hewn from solid granite, look. That's what's blowing my skirt up about the Hublot brand.

I have 2 gen Tags, a very poor rep Tag, a poor rep Breitling (bought in a market in Shenzhen for USD$50 and regretted). And I'm looking forward to my anti-bling (blinged down) Hublot.

I could easily tumble down this slippery slope - I get obsessed with interests and I buy more and more and more. Previous brand obsessions have included Audi, Stihl, Berghaus, Assos, Endura. Any suggestions where next after Hublot (and I'll be ignoring the suggestions that include the word Spec Savers).

Mr Q

Tits McGee

Boxers, briefs, or marble bags. Whatever puts lead in your pencil.

Mr Q
Not being a Hublot fan or AP,but being a massive Formula 1 fan i can see your point.

Yes - me too. Tag Heuer has traditionally been my favourite brand but somehow I could NOT see myself wearing a Monaco in the paddock. Ever. Not even in the Hotel de Paris. :rofl:

SeanusMaximus

buy buy and buy some more, and when your bored - buy even more!

its the way of the game...

Ollifl

And here I thought I get to read or see pics of boobs, or a confessions of a nymphomaniac.... That is false advertisement and wrong in so many levels....

SeanusMaximus
And here I thought I get to read or see pics of boobs, or a confessions of a nymphomaniac.... That is false advertisement and wrong in so many levels....

we could do our usual? :rofl:

Mr Q

Sorry to disappoint. I thought a love that dare not speak its name (for Big Bang) was wronger than a wrong thing with extra wrongness in this community.

Ollifl

we could do our usual? :rofl:

I need to go and see if I can get 9 holes at the club...

Member X

If you have brand obsession issues, DON'T go anywhere near Panerai!! ;)

Mr Q
If you have brand obsession issues, DON'T go anywhere near Panerai!! :wub:

Never had any interest in Panerai. Well, until now. Might have to have a look now. Oh dear.

wat44

there are no redeeming features regarding Hublot

F1 is my favourite sport - and the place is littered with nice watches! - overlook the eyesore that is Hublot!

P.S. who is your F1 team?

honeybear

The Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshores and Hublot Big Bangs are extraordinary feats of marketing. The shear following they have, and the untold profits they generate are truly amazing. The HBB is clearly very much inspired by the AP ROO.

I don't mind the AP ROO Black Themes, or some similarly subdued variant, but the never ending color combinations cheapens the product line for me. This lowers them to the level of extremely overpriced fashion watches, almost like a Swatch...

Panerais are also big and in your face, but at least to me, the Luminors have a certain simplicity to them which make them more appealing to me. The numerous variants: polished, brushed, titanium, PVD seems a bit silly as well, but at least they've avoided extremely garish color combinations.

For the price of a AP ROO or HBB, one could easily get a watch with much more timeless looks, like a Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Jumbo, or even a Rolex Submariner. This is certainly an instance where one should stick to replicas for such watches. For me, I would only get gens of timeless watches, something I would still be proud to wear 20 years from now, and I don't think the AP ROO or HBB really fits that description.

Edited by honeybear

Mr Q
there are no redeeming features regarding Hublot

F1 is my favourite sport - and the place is littered with nice watches! - overlook the eyesore that is Hublot!

P.S. who is your F1 team?

Thanks for the glowing endorsement of my conspicuous absence of taste.

McLaren. Followed F1 since the seventies and spent last ten years around the sport more intimately through my work.

Mystery Shopper

Hello & Welcome.

HBB Black themes is a beauty. I have one and have inspired others...

DSCN6159.jpg

wat44

Mclaren and Tag have a long established relationship. I remember mika hakkinen draped in Tag in every press conference next to Schumacher and one of either of their team mates! Of course now days, pretty boy Lewis can be seen regularly sporting of the current models.

How about a Differnt Tag (what have you currently got?)

One of the best reps is Panerai Ferrari ... If the prancing stallion is ok for you!

Mr Q
The Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshores and Hublot Big Bangs are extraordinary feats of marketing. The shear following they have, and the untold profits they generate are truly amazing. The HBB is clearly very much inspired by the AP ROO.

I don't mind the AP ROO Black Themes, or some similarly subdued variant, but the never ending color combinations cheapens the product line for me. This lowers them to the level of extremely overpriced fashion watches, almost like a Swatch...

Panerais are also big and in your face, but at least to me, the Luminors have a certain simplicity to them which make them more appealing to me. The numerous variants: polished, brushed, titanium, PVD seems a bit silly as well, but at least they've avoided extremely garish color combinations.

For the price of a AP ROO or HBB, one could easily get a watch with much more timeless looks, like a Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Jumbo, or even a Rolex Submariner. This is certainly an instance where one should stick to replicas for such watches. For me, I would only get gens of timeless watches, something I would still be proud to wear 20 years from now, and I don't think the AP ROO or HBB really fits that description.

Here starteth the slippery slope! I'm not abandoning the clearly misguided HBB path but I have had a quick gander at some AP ROO models and can see a thematic DNA there; might have to go exploring with my wallet. When I bought the Breitling in Shenzhen around six years ago (my second cheap rep and a low point in my rep buying past) a friend (we both have gen Tags and so do our wives) bought an AP. My Breitling has never been meaningfully on my wrist - his AP is still going strong and looks great. Another friend bought a Rolex at the same time but the less said about that the better - the hands detached later that same day.

Right - I've got some exploring to do. Black Themes you say...