Sign in to follow this  
KBH

a Trip to Tourneau yesterday

KBH

Yesterday my wife talked me into going to the Gardens Mall with her so I put on my TT franken DJ and decided to cruise Tourneau. Of course, the salesman, insists on following you and chatting you up the whole time.

So I ended up checking out a few high end ones first. He insisted on showing me a vintage Patek valued at $130,000. He was willing to deal at $90,000 though. Then an A. Lange & Sohnne for $47k. Something like 347 piece movement through the glass case back. Also a Panerai Ferrari that looked real nice and just like all the rep pictures. I tried that on one but as I said, I'll come back next time I own a Ferrari.

Tried on a Solid Gold Presidential and was pretty impressed by the weight. Also a gold blue faced Sub that was awesome. I can't quite get a grip on why anyone would buy a solid gold Sub though. Come on, it's tool watch.

He was also real high on showing off his collection of Ritmo watches. Bling-Bling. He swears they will be the next Panerai.Ritmo Web site They didn't do much for me but I can see where the big watch guys might like them.

The true highlight of my shopping though was seeing a Sea Dweller up close and personal. I really couldn't' tell the difference between the gen and my rep, other than the gen was clean and shiny. You really would have to have them side by side to find the flaws. Made me extremely happy with my old V1. Now I'm even more excited about the new WM9 on order.

All in all an interesting visit.

houndoggie

Fun times!!

houndoggie

Oh, the salesman is a fucking retard for suggesting that Ritmo is the next Panerai...

AustinTech

Yeah, those Ritmo watches are ghey.

Tourneu is always interesting. Only thing I don't like is the smell of their despiration to sell you a watch.

greg_r

Ritmo...? he just HAS to be on a backhander from them. Fugly, fugly, fugly...

Sounds like a fun trip, though :rofl:

KBH

When you have 5 salesmen and one customer, it's definitely desperation.

I kind of chuckled as he was telling me about the high trade in value on my Datejust.

Luthier

Ooohhh... you didn't buy that Patek?????

Wish such a huge discount????????

You're such a loooooserrr...

:rofl:

KBH

I was only about $89,900 short that day. Maybe after I hit the lottery.

Member X

I always feel bad trying on things I know I can't afford - I feel guilty I'm wasting their time!

KBH
I always feel bad trying on things I know I can't afford - I feel guilty I'm wasting their time!

Trust me. You go in to look and they don't leave you alone for a second. He was forcing me to try them on.

At first I didn't even feel like I should be getting my dirty fingerprints on those beautiful watches.

I think he just liked to have somebody to talk to.

trailboss99

Oh FFS, just looked at the Ritmo site. Didn't even bother to bookmark it.

Col.

phaedo

The Ritmo puzzle. Quite a puzzle why they would make it. "What time is it?" I will check my watch. No, can't tell on this, I will have to push this little button on the side, give me a minute, it is really a fascinating watch you see, nearly pushed it, there it is, uh-oh, I think I snapped it off when i pressed that button!