Sign in to follow this  
greg_r

Panerai 111m from Robert

greg_r

The first Panerai I ever bought was a 111 back in 2008. I bought it to find out what all the fuss was about and, as a result, about half of the watches I've bought since have been Panerai...

My first was Ruby's so-called 'Ultimate' 111h and whilst it was damned good for its day I eventually decided to move it on as I was tending to wear my 47mm PAMs to the exclusion of all else. However, having bought a 177L earlier this year, I've found myself enjoying 44mm PAMs again and regretting having sold my 111, so when Robert listed the latest 111m at $249, I had to have one.

The watch certainly looks the part - these new series PAMs are so much closer to the gen than the stuff that was around a couple of years ago. Build quality is excellent - it's fitted with the newer high-quality high-beat 6497 and feels much more gen-like when winding the watch or adjusting the time than the 177L does. A friend owns a gen 111h and whilst I've not had chance to do a direct comparison yet, I'm finding it hard to spot any obvious 'tells' - with one small exception which I will come to later.

The watch came on a slightly higher than average quality strap, which looks a lot like the standard OEM strap. However, I didn't much like the feel of it, so immediately swapped it for a Meyerhofer Cartagena gator strap that I already had. I think the combo looks superb, but see for yourself! Ultimately, however, I'm planning to put the watch on a bracelet - unfortunately the bracelet I have is just a fraction too tight between the lugs of this watch to fit well, so I'm going to have to break out the dremel and adjust the bracelet ends by a thou or two. Will probably do that this weekend.

Downsides? Only one thing. The lume is just a tad uneven, being a fraction brighter on one side of the dial than it is on the other. If I'm not mistaken it's also a tad too green (the 177L, by comparison, is just about spot on). I'm sure that I've just been unlucky with this sample (I'll admit I'm being really picky here) but to be honest it's a really minor detail. I may, however, get this watch relumed at some point - it's superb in every other respect and, I think, well worth it.

I'll post more pics when I finally get the bracelet sorted out, but for the meantime here it is on the gator strap :D

Pam111m-1.JPG

Pam111m-2.JPG

Pam111m-3.JPG

Pam111m-wrist.JPG

mondeov6

Classy, stylish and beautiful!! Congrats! :drool:

....and now I NEEEEED a PAM!! :D

Monsieur_B

What? No Mac in the background??? :D

I still don't get the PAM addiction (unless its a Ferarri california :drool: ) but this one surely looks like top quality mate.

Enjoy.

greg_r

Egy: There was a Mac in the background of the one with the watch lying on the desk. I edited it out :D

Never liked the Ferrari models - they were good reps, but as watches do absolutely nothing for me... Go figure.

gtwc

Nice watch and nice review.

Congrats to Greg and Robert.

WebWind

Very nice!

Looking forward to pics of watch on bracelet :D

Mik

C'mon Greg, I'm selling a similar watch here in the forum. Don't make feel sellers remorse so soon :drool:

:D

:Whistle:

wolfwood

I like the California .... except the word Ferrari. It's just like wearing a BMW or Benz logo watch but not driving the car. Just feel kind of silly.

Otek

very nice pick up Greg..I love mine! :D

dingle

you got another 111? :lol:.....:lol:

greg_r
you got another 111? :blink:.....:lol:

yeah, I know. :Whistle:

I just found myself regretting selling the 111h to you... :lol:

Del

Looks great - defo one for re-luming and keeping by the sounds of it. I think your buddy with the gen 111 is going to be upset when he sees this! :P

Monsieur_B
I like the California .... except the word Ferrari. It's just like wearing a BMW or Benz logo watch but not driving the car. Just feel kind of silly.

I know, it took me a couple of days to get over that but it had such fine details I found myself checking back on the watch just to admire it a bit more. :P

Actually today I saw something what maybe makes me reconsider my attitude twards PAM...

greg_r
I think your buddy with the gen 111 is going to be upset when he sees this! :P

I hope so :D

gB.

Wow, very nice... :P

Enjoy it often!

kolchak

beautiful piece & great combo.

When you remove that strap I'll be happy to give it some use.

AGL

Very nice pickup. I'm also thinking of upgrading my 111 so this really does sway me the right way. :thepianohasbeendrinking:

Rav747

Love it! And excellent choice of strap, as always.

Creechin

Damn fine combo......................Hmmmmmmmmmm

You got me thinking.......

:thepianohasbeendrinking:

tesmith2112

Greg - Would you mind posting some lume shots to illustrate your comment about the unevenness? What would cause that? Lume applied a bit thicker or thinner on one side perhaps?

vasya

Great place.

I am new here and was thinking of getting pam111h myself.

What is the best way to get in touch with Robert to see if he has one.

Thanks a lot.

Member X

Send Robert a PM or an email, his contact details are in his section.

Be warned, though - Robert is not the best for newbies! Can be quite blunt but if you know what you want and haven't got any questions, he is good :)

greg_r
Greg - Would you mind posting some lume shots to illustrate your comment about the unevenness? What would cause that? Lume applied a bit thicker or thinner on one side perhaps?

Nope - to be honest, I really can't be arsed, sorry. :)

I'm sure it's just this sample and it's a VERY minor detail - the lume is just very slightly less bright on the 7,8,10 indices and it's only really noticeable for the first few minutes - as the lume dims slightly, it kinda evens out. Yes, it looks like the lume was applied slightly unevenly. Like I said, I'm sure that this is just a minor sample variation and won't be the same on other examples of the same watch. The lume is still vastly better than normal good rep lume - it's just not quite up to the same standard as my 177 (although as a watch I'd say the build quality was considerably superior).

slay0r

where can i get this from ?

jeffw69

where can i get this from ?

Well, the title of the thread says 111m from Robert.

Robert is Prestige Watch Co., one of the many Trusted dealers on this forum.