vinnie007

AP RO Diver

vinnie007

Hi there,

I am thinking of buying an AP RO Diver.

Now i saw Andrew's and it says: "Water-Proofed to 30m at Factory"

http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=7709

Is this watch truly waterproof?

I was thinking about ordering it @ Toro but then i want it to be waterproof.

(I want it to use for swimming etc)

I think buying it with the Swiss sw200 movt is the best option if i want it to last for several years?

Thanks!

Edited by vinnie007

Silverspeed

Only one way of knowing for sure....and that is to have it pressure tested before dipping in the pool

My guess is the weakest point will be the He valve....some reports on the forums mentioned dodgy built quality for these AP Divers

mianos

I'd get the seals checked no matter what. It should be quick and inexpensive.

Selita sw200 is a good movement if that's what's in it.

With anything in the replica world, 'Trust but verify'.

vinnie007
Only one way of knowing for sure....and that is to have it pressure tested before dipping in the pool

My guess is the weakest point will be the He valve....some reports on the forums mentioned dodgy built quality for these AP Divers

Allright, but i don't have a pressure tester... And if i will go to a watch dealer (a non AP Seller) can they hold the watch because it is not waterproof so nog genuine?

I'd get the seals checked no matter what. It should be quick and inexpensive.

Selita sw200 is a good movement if that's what's in it.

With anything in the replica world, 'Trust but verify'.

Where can i do that? I live in a small town in the netherlands..

vinnie007

And if i buy it @ ToroBravo... Can i trust that ist has the SW200 movt in it(if i ask and pay for it) and that it is waterproof if he says it is?(Because he is one of the trusted dealers)

Edited by vinnie007

Member X

You will need to find a local independant watchsmith (not an Authorised Dealer, just a small family shop that sells used watches / cheap watches / jewellery) who has a waterproof / pressure testing machine.

You can say to them "A friend bought me a watch - I am not sure of how much he paid but it has sentimental value and I would like to check it is waterproof so I can wear it all the time" :Whistle:

I don't believe any watchsmith can retain your replica watch. They might look at you with disdain :) but most are reasonable people and understand your situation if you use the line above ;):Whistle:

Toro is a Trusted Dealer so if he says it's SW200 I believe it would be a SW200.

vinnie007
You will need to find a local independant watchsmith (not an Authorised Dealer, just a small family shop that sells used watches / cheap watches / jewellery) who has a waterproof / pressure testing machine.

You can say to them "A friend bought me a watch - I am not sure of how much he paid but it has sentimental value and I would like to check it is waterproof so I can wear it all the time" :(

I don't believe any watchsmith can retain your replica watch. They might look at you with disdain :lol: but most are reasonable people and understand your situation if you use the line above ;):)

Toro is a Trusted Dealer so if he says it's SW200 I believe it would be a SW200.

Thanks for the tips! I asked toro and he said if i asked for it he would also test it and make sure it was waterproof. I only have to make sure the HE valve and time setter were closed when i would take it for a swim!