Sign in to follow this  
Del

Panerai Luminor GMT (PAM 088) - pics!

Del

As I posted earlier this week, I received this PAM 088 from Robert but only posted a couple of bad iPhone pics with my initial feedback post. However, I managed to snap a few better shots tonight with the DSLR. :rofl:

Quick recap on the watch:-

- Robert's best 088 version at $199

- Asian 7750 movement with GMT complication (I also paid extra for the pre-delivery service)

- Sapphire crystal with no AR

- Lume is above average

- Rep brown croc strap replaced with darker brown croc leather strap (from eBay) - really nice rep buckle btw

I was looking for a PAM that was a bit different but still dressy and would go well with a dark brown croc strap - I think this fits the bill nicely and am delighted with this combo!

Hope you like the pics! :rofl:

p9157318v2.jpg

p9157319v2.jpg

p9157322v2.jpg

p9157323v2.jpg

p9157325v2.jpg

p9157327v2.jpg

p9147316v2.jpg

p9157334v2.jpg

Caliper

Great pics

Very nice, I like this pam!

midasmook

Nice pick up Del, brings back so many memories.

2point

Nice.

Got a link to the seller for that strap - I'm just about to pull the trigger on one from a place recommended by greg and others, but nice to have options for later.

Cheers

robznet

That looks amazing Del! I think the pam bug is just starting to bite, and as I've always thought of myself as a rollie/omega man I am getting worried!!

Going to get the wife to burn my credit card tomorrow! :rofl:

Pihlippe

Very nice Del

You know which to choose, and your photos are really good.

No wonder why I have some watches that is the same as yours. :rofl:

dingle

stunning :rofl:

Del

Thanks everyone! :rofl:

Details on the strap here courtesy of houndoggie! :rofl:

agntkerr

Congrats Del, nice pics and great looking watch.

Bibicu

Beautiful combo del....great watch. Noob question: What does it mean pre-delivery service?

Bibi

Edited by Bibicu

myaz

Gorgeous, You caught the light just right on that stainless steel and it's a beaut!!

Beautiful combo del....great watch. Noob question: What does it mean pre-delivery service?

Bibi

paste & copied from Robert's site:

I have recently realized how much it costs to get a watch serviced in Europe or America

I have to this end arranged with watchsmiths I use in Bangkok to service watches before they are shipped.

This will be an option and entirely up to the buyer if they want it or not from my part it is only another service to offer the buyers there is no money in it for me so please don't feel obligated to have it done.

Service will consist of

Movement cleaning

Oiling of movement

Regulating the time keeping after re assembly

Greasing the rubber seals

Prices are

21j Asain $25

2836 /2824/sw200 Asian or Swiss $35

7750 basic chrono original configuration $50

7750 with modifiacations EX seconds at 6 or 12 etc $70

6497/8 $35

ST19 $45

Hand wind unspecified Asian $25

The expected lead time for this service is 3-5 days so naturally delivery will be delayed at least as long as that

g.man

Very classy looking timepiece and some great photos Del. I think your car seats might need recovering though. :)

+1

g.man

Del

Thanks for the comments guys! :dingleberry-nemesis:

:dingleberry-nemesis: @ g.man (It's a rather weather-beaten cover for the patio table and chairs - I thought it gave a nice textured background to the pics! :D)

watchmike

I am new to this site..please help me. QWho is "Robert" and how is he contacted please. Like tou watch!!

Watchmike

As I posted earlier this week, I received this PAM 088 from Robert but only posted a couple of bad iPhone pics with my initial feedback post. However, I managed to snap a few better shots tonight with the DSLR. :)

Quick recap on the watch:-

- Robert's best 088 version at $199

- Asian 7750 movement with GMT complication (I also paid extra for the pre-delivery service)

- Sapphire crystal with no AR

- Lume is above average

- Rep brown croc strap replaced with darker brown croc leather strap (from eBay) - really nice rep buckle btw

I was looking for a PAM that was a bit different but still dressy and would go well with a dark brown croc strap - I think this fits the bill nicely and am delighted with this combo!

Hope you like the pics! :o

p9157318v2.jpg

p9157319v2.jpg

p9157322v2.jpg

p9157323v2.jpg

p9157325v2.jpg

p9157327v2.jpg

p9147316v2.jpg

p9157334v2.jpg

Del
I am new to this site..please help me. QWho is "Robert" and how is he contacted please. Like tou watch!!

Watchmike

Hi, and welcome to the forum! :o

Robert (aka PrestigeWatchCo) is a Trusted Dealer here - check out his section for his watch listings.

(By the way, please do not quote the full original post with photos - it is unnecessary and a little annoying to folk on mobile phones and slow connections. If you do an Edit now you might get away with it! :) )

Garry

Gorgeous watch and really nice strap!

paulro

Looks great Del.

Del
Gorgeous watch and really nice strap!

Looks great Del.

Cheers guys! :o

Bibicu
Gorgeous, You caught the light just right on that stainless steel and it's a beaut!!

Bibi

paste & copied from Robert's site:

I have recently realized how much it costs to get a watch serviced in Europe or America

I have to this end arranged with watchsmiths I use in Bangkok to service watches before they are shipped.

This will be an option and entirely up to the buyer if they want it or not from my part it is only another service to offer the buyers there is no money in it for me so please don't feel obligated to have it done.

Service will consist of

Movement cleaning

Oiling of movement

Regulating the time keeping after re assembly

Greasing the rubber seals

Prices are

21j Asain $25

2836 /2824/sw200 Asian or Swiss $35

7750 basic chrono original configuration $50

7750 with modifiacations EX seconds at 6 or 12 etc $70

6497/8 $35

ST19 $45

Hand wind unspecified Asian $25

The expected lead time for this service is 3-5 days so naturally delivery will be delayed at least as long as that

Thx Myaz

Bibicu

Does the pre-delivery service make any difference Del?

Del
Does the pre-delivery service make any difference Del?

That's a difficult one to answer. It's a bit like not servicing your car I guess - everything will seem ok for a while and then, eventually, your engine will break down! :)

The general consensus with A7750 movements (with seconds @ 9 in particular) is that it is a good movement and should last well. However, the QC of the factories churning them out is not always so good so problems can materialise fairly rapidly if you get a bad one (like most movements I guess but the chrono function in the A7750 appears to make problems more common). By getting the service done up front you stand a far better chance of the movement operating correctly and accurately from the moment you receive it, and for the immediate future too. Robert's prices for the pre-delivery service are very, very reasonable and you would pay perhaps three or four times as much to get it serviced by a 3rd party if it stops working so I think it's a no-brainer for A7750 movements watches that you buy from Robert. :drool:

Inushuk

very nice Del .... I do have the same one and I really like it ...

Wear it well Congrats ... :)

Del
very nice Del .... I do have the same one and I really like it ...

Wear it well Congrats ... :)

Thanks Inushuk! :thumbsup2: