Sign in to follow this  
houndoggie

Cool Story, Bro.....

houndoggie

From RWI: http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthrea...sued-84824.html

More interested in this fella's tale:

I was arrested in Broward county last april for selling a replica to an P.I. which was accompanied with an undercover cop. It was stupidity in my part for sure, but you live and you learn, along with $4,300 out of pocket. So belive me they are out there for sure.

Like I said before it was my fault totally. I thought nothing wrong of selling a USED replica on craiglist. I was flagged on craigslist several times for having the ad posted, but I thought it was other people on there trying to prevent me from selling the watch. Little did I know it was Big Brother AKA Rolex doing the flagging. So rolex went ahead and hired a Private investigator, which built a case against me. He then took the transcripts of our emails to the broward police and was able to form a Sting Operation on me. It was quite funny actually, four unmarked cars came out of nowhere. They looked like they were all in S.W.A.T gear. All that for lil old me and my two tone sub with ceramic bezel,lol

They even have a whole division dedicated to everything replica its called the E.C.U = Economics Crimes Unit.

You don't have to beleive it. Im just telling the forum what happened to me. When I went into the interrogation room and they turned on the tape machine, everyone sitting in there had to state there name and the part they played. Thats when the P. I. let me know that he was hired by rolex.

The most painful part of all that was paying the P.I. 2400 in restitution which was included in the total. He got paid by rolex and by me.

Once again I do apologize :-)

houndoggie

It's a hard story to believe, considering I believe he would be entitled to a trial, no?

MrZoSo
It's a hard story to believe, considering I believe he would be entitled to a trial, no?

It's gotta be BS.

houndoggie

It's gotta be BS.

there is a lack of due process here, so I would tend to agree.

powderfreak

+1 for :thumbsup2:

Del

Sounds like he's been reading too many "Jack Reacher" novels! (by Lee Child in case you are interested :thumbsup2: )

jdoe

While there may be doubts about the veracity of the above, there seem to be little doubt of the willingness of police to break into your home in search of "stolen" intellectual "property".

police-raid.jpg

police-raid-ps3-hackers-home-590x333.jpg

Of course fake watches is just another form of such "theft"

Edited by jdoe

Caliper

I find hard to believe the city would invest government funding to create an "Economics Crimes Units".

Mazz

Also as a former police officer I highly doubt that a civilian would be used on a sting like that. The liabilitis if something were to go wrong would be astronomical.

dingle

interesting

:)

Ollifl

I call BS, and I'm with Mazz on this one....

Here's an example why police in Florida is very careful with civilians nowadays...

Damn, what was the house number again?

NullMind

That's BS, the PI would not be in the interrogation room with the police !!, he is looking for attention

Caliper
I find hard to believe the city would invest government funding to create an "Economics Crimes Units".

http://www.ci.santa-ana.ca.us/pd/economiccrimes.asp

I stand corrected, thanks.T

The unit description makes more sense, investigation on fraud and stuff.

Let me rephrase myself, "I doubt the city would invest their ECU personal to catch ONE guy selling ONE fake watch" LOL

Silverspeed

What a load of crap.....boy, you just gotta love the interweb :D

chum_2000_uk

Sounds like the kind of crap one of my so called friends would come up with. Just smile and nod boys, smile and nod.