Sign in to follow this  
BigBuys

Take A Bow Mr. Newbie

BigBuys

Watches have been my obsession for over 15 years. There I said it. Now I can go on to normal life.

It is hard to believe that since losing my fortunes in the year 2000, along with Rolexes and APs, that it took me nearly twelve years to find a group of like hearts. While I still had a lonely AP and Tag,real and like new, I wanted a PAM and a Hublot. So I did what any honerable guy would do, I bought a PAM and Hublot rep. That was ten years ago and they are still running just fine. They just look a little rough around the edges. When you add that wear to marginal original quality, you have some pretty tired looking watches. The band finally broke on the Hublot.

I never met a watch that I could not find something good to say about it. That is the first sign of addiction. So my collection of reps now includes a ten year old PAM? Luminor Power Reserve Auto & Hublot Chrono Quartz (broken band); a three year old Submariner and a recent gift Perpetual Datejust; two Breitlings and one of those bought as the cops arrested the seller (it turned out to run backward).

My ability to find quality reps that matched the quality of my ten year reps but executed at a much higher level had dried up. So what did I do to fill my desire for detail workmanship? I started buying Rousseau, Picard & Cie and Sug, and yes even Invictas. Not great quality but it was a FIX. Now with two very acceptable Rousseaus and several that I need to shed along with P&C, Sug and Invicta; which brings me to finally find you bunch of nuts. Oh, thank God! I should add that my watch collection still has an AP, a very collectable Tag, a Charriol, and even a TX Limited Edition #25/100 TX World Time Perpetual Calendar. Whew!. Thats all folks! More to add, many more.

I am going to be fanatical about only buying what you guys find to be the highest quality reps. And since that changes over time, I guess that I will never stop collecting. Thank you guys for going to such detail in your reviews and quality photos. I have one recomendation. We should create a LEADERBOARD that reflects our voted top rep per brand. Just a thought.

Thanks again!

BigBuys

spboudart

Good luck in tour quest...

Nisv

Hi BB, welcome :thumbsup2:

I see you've already completed your journey to the Dark Side, and you probably know that there's no turning back.....

Anyway, if you can't be good - be baaaad :)

jer2911tx

i'm at the beginning of my newfound addiction!

welcome!

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse :)

Member X

Welcome Home ;):)

Oh, and :lol:

:(

Luthier

Just one correction, BB...

First quartz Hublot Big Bang appeared on rep. market in 2007, not 10 years ago, because genuine Big Band came out in 2005, and I was, probably, the first one, who bought it, I was in Guangzhou at the time it came to the stores on Beijing Lu. I've been searching for BB rep. since 2005, and I was in shock, then the girl unpacked a box of new reps from the factory, and I saw the RG Big Bang. Still have this watch!!!

Oh, and welcome to the Forum, you're in the right place.

BigBuys
Just one correction, BB...

First quartz Hublot Big Bang appeared on rep. market in 2007, not 10 years ago, because genuine Big Band came out in 2005, and I was, probably, the first one, who bought it, I was in Guangzhou at the time it came to the stores on Beijing Lu. I've been searching for BB rep. since 2005, and I was in shock, then the girl unpacked a box of new reps from the factory, and I saw the RG Big Bang. Still have this watch!!!

Oh, and welcome to the Forum, you're in the right place.

Thanks for the clarification. I was really referring to the PAM as being 10 years old. I am not sure at all when I got the Hublot but I know it was earlier than the 2007 date. I know that I had it in 2006 when I moved to Florida, and its crudeness would not impress anyone anymore but hundreds of people have complemented that watch over the years. This watch is obviously not a Big Bang but it is a chrono quartz. Thanks for the huge welcome and I hope that my ignorance can be removed over time by the member body.

BigBuys

Tits McGee

Thanks for the clarification. I was really referring to the PAM as being 10 years old. I am not sure at all when I got the Hublot but I know it was earlier than the 2007 date. I know that I had it in 2006 when I moved to Florida, and its crudeness would not impress anyone anymore but hundreds of people have complemented that watch over the years. This watch is obviously not a Big Bang but it is a chrono quartz. Thanks for the huge welcome and I hope that my ignorance can be removed over time by the member body.

BigBuys

Read the forums & only buy from the trusted dealers list. These guys know what they're talking about. Oh, one other thing....NEVER use the term "super rep".

ReplicaFromDownunder

welcome to the flea infested forum

Del

Hello and welcome! ;)

solkryssare

Welcome and enjoy mate.